VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/21 New Mazes!  (Read 6188 times)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
4/21 New Mazes!
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:10 AM »

There is a new maze!  The prize this time is yellow rose hedges!  Looks like some kind of plant is the special prize.

.it

EDIT:  OMG, I actually attached my first picture....woot woot for me!  I "borrowed" this picture from elsewhere; I tried to attach my own picture of the second maze (map) but it's too big and I don't know how to fix it. The map maze has some sort of shaped hedge, kind of looks like an ice cream  to me, lol.

ETA:  more maze pics

House Maze

Map Maze

Prizes:

Hedge Maze - 1x2 Yellow Rose Hedge

Hedge Maze - 4x2 Yellow Rose Hedge

House Maze Prize --- Potted Broad Leaf Plant

Map Maze Prize --- Topiary Spiral

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:09 PM by Astro »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: New Maze!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27 AM »

As I saw others doing it, I tried it too.  Wear your fairy dazzle magic, and you can cut through any hedge, even the double rows at the bottom to prevent cutting.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:45 AM »

As I saw others doing it, I tried it too.  Wear your fairy dazzle magic, and you can cut through any hedge, even the double rows at the bottom to prevent cutting.

I had seen some doing this at the red roses maze the other night....and I saw this tip posted else where today.  Nice little shortcut.

Thanks Duck.i for letting us know.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28 AM »

Thank you for the update!    :thumb:

Adding some more pics to the first post.  I personally couldn't view the pic up there.   :??:

Thanks for the tip on the tiny fairy trick too Ducky!! 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:30 AM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:34 AM »

Thank you for the update!    :thumb:

Adding some more pics to the first post.  I personally couldn't view the pic up there.   :??:

Thanks for the tip on the tiny fairy trick too Ducky!! 

O drat!  Just when I thought I finally figured it out, lol.  To me it's a small pic in the signature line and when I click on it, it goes bigger so you can see it.  So you are saying it does not appear there for you?   :doh:

.it

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40 AM »

O drat!  Just when I thought I finally figured it out, lol.  To me it's a small pic in the signature line and when I click on it, it goes bigger so you can see it.  So you are saying it does not appear there for you?   :doh:

.it

Does not appear at all for me.  Nothing for me to even click on.   :??:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 4/21 New Mazes!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:37 PM »

Thanks, .It.  There are 3 regular pics in the top of the first post.  There is also a tiny picture in the sig with a paperclip next to it (attachment?).  If you click on it, you will see a fairly largish pic.  Sigh.  I need to direct .It to the sticky of mine on how to post pics here!  :hmm:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=6157.0

FLAME  <<--- :notme:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:41 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:41 PM »

I like the new yellow roses a lot! I was hoping they might do yellow next.  :dance2:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 03:56 PM »

I like the new yellow roses a lot! I was hoping they might do yellow next.  :dance2:

I agree.  The yellow is nice and bright and alot more visible in the hedges.  Very pretty stuff.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19 PM »

Just a side note here:

Thanks duck.he for the short cut hint. I will say during the last Rose maze, the very first night or two the maze was up, one of the mazes enabled you to go straight down the side of the maze to the end. (Only for a bit late that night) It made for quick mazing, which enabled us to actually get enough "friends" through to get a duck and bunny each.

However, there was a person standing at the end of the maze harassing anyone who cut through. The sad thing is, I could tell by the "chat" that this person was an adult. They had one player, who I know was a child, beside herself telling the little girl she would be banned from the game for "cheating", etc. Their character title seemed like a clone, so my guess is the real person was hiding behind that character while behaving like this. I tried to tell her there were better ways to spend time in game than standing in the maze harassing other players, to no avail.  :uhuh2:

Just my opinion on this...if there are bugs in the maze, enabling us to cut through and it saves some of us much needed time (or makes it easier on the fingers) then so be it. If they are really intent on it, they will change it around. So, if my little fairy can speed through, I will give it a try!  :thumb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 05:26 PM »

Just a side note here:

Thanks duck.he for the short cut hint. I will say during the last Rose maze, the very first night or two the maze was up, one of the mazes enabled you to go straight down the side of the maze to the end. (Only for a bit late that night) It made for quick mazing, which enabled us to actually get enough "friends" through to get a duck and bunny each.

However, there was a person standing at the end of the maze harassing anyone who cut through. The sad thing is, I could tell by the "chat" that this person was an adult. They had one player, who I know was a child, beside herself telling the little girl she would be banned from the game for "cheating", etc. Their character title seemed like a clone, so my guess is the real person was hiding behind that character while behaving like this. I tried to tell her there were better ways to spend time in game than standing in the maze harassing other players, to no avail.  :uhuh2:

Just my opinion on this...if there are bugs in the maze, enabling us to cut through and it saves some of us much needed time (or makes it easier on the fingers) then so be it. If they are really intent on it, they will change it around. So, if my little fairy can speed through, I will give it a try!  :thumb:

Gotta agree.  VFK usually knows about the shortcuts.  If they REALLY were upset about it and didn't want people using them, they would fix it right away.  'Nuff said ;)  My fairy will get there any way they can!

Funny thing is that anyone can use the shortcuts.  People that complain about them only hurt themselves.  They should just follow the line and...  :-X

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 05:28 PM »

Very nice prizes!

No maze time for now, but will attack it on Monday. :P
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:05 PM »

However, there was a person standing at the end of the maze harassing anyone who cut through. The sad thing is, I could tell by the "chat" that this person was an adult. They had one player, who I know was a child, beside herself telling the little girl she would be banned from the game for "cheating", etc. Their character title seemed like a clone, so my guess is the real person was hiding behind that character while behaving like this. I tried to tell her there were better ways to spend time in game than standing in the maze harassing other players, to no avail.  :uhuh2:

Just my opinion on this...if there are bugs in the maze, enabling us to cut through and it saves some of us much needed time (or makes it easier on the fingers) then so be it. If they are really intent on it, they will change it around. So, if my little fairy can speed through, I will give it a try!  :thumb:

Haven't come across this person yet, sad that they would bother other players about cutting through the mazes.  They are probably just jealous they can't cut through with their tiny fairy, because they probably haven't completed the fairy dazzle quest yet!   :laugh2:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:24 PM »

Haven't come across this person yet, sad that they would bother other players about cutting through the mazes.  They are probably just jealous they can't cut through with their tiny fairy, because they probably haven't completed the fairy dazzle quest yet!   :laugh2:

Lol.  I was thinking the same.  Oops.i... :hmm:

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:20 PM »

I like the yellow rose hedges but I sure wish they would have given more time to get the red ones.  I don't know why I thought they would be there for awhile...hmmm I remember all those ice panels that wouldn't go away.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27 PM »

I like the yellow rose hedges but I sure wish they would have given more time to get the red ones.  I don't know why I thought they would be there for awhile...hmmm I remember all those ice panels that wouldn't go away.

Same here Sparkle.  I never even got to do them.  I was out doing birthday things for a while and when I got back the new maze was up.  Oh well, won't be the last thing that I don't get.  LOL!

However, there was a person standing at the end of the maze harassing anyone who cut through. The sad thing is, I could tell by the "chat" that this person was an adult. They had one player, who I know was a child, beside herself telling the little girl she would be banned from the game for "cheating", etc. Their character title seemed like a clone, so my guess is the real person was hiding behind that character while behaving like this. I tried to tell her there were better ways to spend time in game than standing in the maze harassing other players, to no avail.  :uhuh2:

Just my opinion on this...if there are bugs in the maze, enabling us to cut through and it saves some of us much needed time (or makes it easier on the fingers) then so be it. If they are really intent on it, they will change it around. So, if my little fairy can speed through, I will give it a try!  :thumb:

I don't care if someone cuts through by finding a short cut cause no matter when you get their if you are going to win it then you are going to win it, but what I don't like is all the fairies in the mazes.  Not sure about the small ones as I haven't done the maze with a lot of them yet, but when we had the normal size fairies all I did was freeze up.  I hope the smaller ones are easier on my old computer.  :)

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58 PM »

I don't care if someone cuts through by finding a short cut cause no matter when you get their if you are going to win it then you are going to win it, but what I don't like is all the fairies in the mazes.  Not sure about the small ones as I haven't done the maze with a lot of them yet, but when we had the normal size fairies all I did was freeze up.  I hope the smaller ones are easier on my old computer.  :)

Oh I have to admit I'm so guilty going through the maze as a fairy.  Of course now I'm going through as a small fairy and cutting through of course.  I do hope the smaller fairies don't cause as much lag.  Has anyone noticed this to be the case?

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 01:15 PM »

Oh I have to admit I'm so guilty going through the maze as a fairy.  Of course now I'm going through as a small fairy and cutting through of course.  I do hope the smaller fairies don't cause as much lag.  Has anyone noticed this to be the case?

I've noticed significantly less lag when using 'tiny fairy'.  I'd like to hear what others experiences have been, though.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 05:16 PM »

Less lag,  definitely more progress  ( :yes!: )

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 05:17 PM »

Oh I have to admit I'm so guilty going through the maze as a fairy.  Of course now I'm going through as a small fairy and cutting through of course.  I do hope the smaller fairies don't cause as much lag.  Has anyone noticed this to be the case?

I've noticed significantly less lag when using 'tiny fairy'.  I'd like to hear what others experiences have been, though.

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

I've noticed that also, but our computers never had too much trouble with them before. I do notice a big difference when the tiny fairies are sitting. Seems to be almost no extra lag for me then. Not sure... :??: :??: :??:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up