VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really Disappointed in Tiger Woods at The Masters...  (Read 5492 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Really Disappointed in Tiger Woods at The Masters...
« on: April 11, 2010, 03:24 PM »

I usually don't like to start conversations or threads being negative, but this situation really bothered me.

I am going to put what Tiger has done in his marriage aside for a second and focus solely on his behavior on the golf course. Yesterday he was caught with his mic on cursing (shouting G.D.) and today as we were watching with the kids he again lost his temper with his microphone up, shouting "Jesus Christ" along with some other things. We were all for giving him a second chance here, everyone who is really repentant and trying deserves that in my opinion. My goodness, our daughter has actually been praying every night for Tiger Woods and his family after she heard the news report early on. She was so shocked and disappointed when she heard him yesterday and today and saw him throwing his club down. She was like, "That is Tiger? What? I've been praying for him every night. This stinks.".

We encouraged her to keep praying for him, explaining he seems to need it now just as much, if not more. Of course, we also took the opportunity to talk about the process of changing behavior and how this is why we don't put all of our hopes into athletes or celebrities. But, it was just sad to see him break his promise to change his behavior on the course as well as off. Also tends to make people wonder how much change he must really be making. Just a really sad display for the game of golf. Sigh.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
Re: Really Disappointed in Tiger Woods at The Masters...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:51 PM »

Princess, I complete agree with you on the whole Tiger issue.  I was very disappointed in his behavior.  Considering all that he has put his family through, I thought that he would have at least made an effort to present himself in a positive way.  He obviously has not changed but for the sake of his children and wife, I hope he can.  I think it is so sweet that your daughter has been praying for him and his family.  They definitely all still need the prayers.

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:45 PM »

Must agree....he just doesn't seem to have a clue. When he was interviewed at the end it was all about him, he talked about how disappointed he was that he didn't play well and how he entered because he expected to win. No mention of how well Phil Mickelson had played, no congratulations to the winner, just focused on himself.

That is his biggest problem....until he loses the ego he doesn't deserve to win. His attitude shows that he doesn't feel he has done anything wrong.

It seems like many people these days have the same problems and the so called "role models" need to have a big dose of humility. We need some real heroes to replace the current crop of "stars" who seem believe their publicity and think they can do anything they want with no repercussions and the world will still love them.
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:56 PM »

Personally, I rarely see any star/celebrity/sports figure worth being a real role model.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:59 PM by funfly »

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:54 AM »

Tiger does only seem concerned about himself and he really seems to be lacking a conscience.  I don't know much about Phil Mickelson but I know when his wife was diagnosed with cancer he left golf to take care of her and he dedicated his win towards her.  I found that touching and I hope he is genuine.  It is so hard to tell with celebrities though.  So many live very different lives away from the cameras.  I do believe however that there are still some good role models who are celebrities but I think the true role models we need to instill in our children are their teachers, parents, grandparents, friends etc. who show them how to lead a genuine life and show empathy and compassion for others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up