VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Easter Egg Hunt Has Started...  (Read 7687 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Easter Egg Hunt Has Started...
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 07:32 AM »

Nothing like having an extra delivery of eggs by the Easter bunny!  :lolg:  I started the hunt, then left for family get-together dinner; returned late to finish - by then those late delivery of eggs had been done!

I really did enjoy finding eggs yesterday though!  :2thunbs: I enjoyed the challenge in their egg hunt and was amazed at how well those eggs blended in/hidden.  A few times I thought I had found every egg in that room but when I took a clone through I found a few more.... I was having so much fun finding those eggs that when I crashed couple times I couldn't wait to get back to look again!  :dance2:    Well done VFK!  :clap1:

Totally Agree, Fun!   :2thunbs:    I guess lesson learned for next time...If you want the easy route, just wait until later in the day.   :lolg:

The challenge when the hunt was first released, was awesome!  I couldn't believe where they hid some of those eggs either.  They blended in so well!  Hats off to the Developers for really taking the time to think about where to place and hide those eggs!   :thumb:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09 PM »

Personally, I found the hunt to be a relaxing time...where I could sit back and ponder the wonders of the universe.  NOT!

What I did do this year was wait until WAY later before even beginning.  It helped SO MUCH!  Most of the bugs were worked out by then.  Most of the eggs already located.  Still some bugs, but they were fixed rather promptly by staff.

So a similar hunt as last year.  Still no larger eggs in the big rooms.  Sigh.  Maybe next year. 

My big question is:  when do we get our 'I survived Easter '10' shirts?  LOL

JK :)  A nice hunt that went pretty fast once a routine was found.

And of course a lesson learned from experience:  didn't overdo it this year.  Knew my limitations.  That made it much more enjoyable :)  Why pain myself over pixels?

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44 PM »

I too just got what I needed for the gold eggs and didn't bother trying for any extra eggs, but the rude people were out in force today.  Sigh!  I had a few people blocking the eggs and even had one girl say to me "Make me!" and call someone else a loser because we asked her nicely to move off an egg.  Well, I guess we did "Make" her when she went poof from everyone's reports.  However, there were some fun times though as I met a new friend last night and got to know her during the hunt and collecting the eggs was a blast!  :)  Egg Drop Soup anyone?  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 10:10 PM »

I too just got what I needed for the gold eggs and didn't bother trying for any extra eggs, but the rude people were out in force today.  Sigh!  I had a few people blocking the eggs and even had one girl say to me "Make me!" and call someone else a loser because we asked her nicely to move off an egg.  Well, I guess we did "Make" her when she went poof from everyone's reports.  However, there were some fun times though as I met a new friend last night and got to know her during the hunt and collecting the eggs was a blast!  :)  Egg Drop Soup anyone?  :lolg:

Blech on rude people.  Flame did the single-mode duty for the hunts.  I didn't need any confrontations ruining my hunt ;)

Congrats on the new friend, Crazy!  How awesome :)

...and I've never had Egg Drop soup...  :hmmmm:

FLAME  <<---  :notme:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15 PM »

I too just got what I needed for the gold eggs and didn't bother trying for any extra eggs, but the rude people were out in force today.  Sigh!  I had a few people blocking the eggs and even had one girl say to me "Make me!" and call someone else a loser because we asked her nicely to move off an egg.  Well, I guess we did "Make" her when she went poof from everyone's reports.  However, there were some fun times though as I met a new friend last night and got to know her during the hunt and collecting the eggs was a blast!  :)  Egg Drop Soup anyone?  :lolg:

Blech on rude people.  Flame did the single-mode duty for the hunts.  I didn't need any confrontations ruining my hunt ;)

Congrats on the new friend, Crazy!  How awesome :)

...and I've never had Egg Drop soup...  :hmmmm:

FLAME  <<---  :notme:

Your not missing anything with the soup trust me.  LOL!  As for the single player mode, ever since they changed it I always forgot how to do it.

Just a heads up for everyone as well.  I just got word that if you go around and get more eggs after the 4 side gold eggs you can get another gold side egg for a totally of five.  I have not tried this, but a friend told me this so I do believe them, but its to late for me now and I am off to bed.  I was up all last night egg hunting.  LOL!  If anyone else does it tonight please tell us how many more you need to get to get the egg.  Thanks!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10 AM »

As for the single player mode, ever since they changed it I always forgot how to do it.

Just a heads up for everyone as well.  I just got word that if you go around and get more eggs after the 4 side gold eggs you can get another gold side egg for a totally of five.  I have not tried this, but a friend told me this so I do believe them, but its to late for me now and I am off to bed.  I was up all last night egg hunting.  LOL!  If anyone else does it tonight please tell us how many more you need to get to get the egg.  Thanks!

Krazy:   Here is the link Flame created for forced single-user - it's actually been a sticky here on the board, so it wouldn't get lost.   ;)

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5198.0

Also, yes you are able to get a 5th golden egg (figured that out while searching for the upright egg actually, day 1 of the hunt) -- so I personally have no idea how many eggs it took for it, since I did it already awhile ago.  Sorry  :(

FYI -- the hunt is still active.  I have a feeling it will be active at least until game open today - which is another hour at least.  Possibly longer if VFK doesn't shut it off then.  It went longer already than the posted event calendar.

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48 AM »

Krazy:   Here is the link Flame created for forced single-user - it's actually been a sticky here on the board, so it wouldn't get lost.   ;)

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5198.0

Also, yes you are able to get a 5th golden egg (figured that out while searching for the upright egg actually, day 1 of the hunt) -- so I personally have no idea how many eggs it took for it, since I did it already awhile ago.  Sorry  :(

FYI -- the hunt is still active.  I have a feeling it will be active at least until game open today - which is another hour at least.  Possibly longer if VFK doesn't shut it off then.  It went longer already than the posted event calendar.

As of just now, the hunt is indeed down!  And it looks like our very own Flame remained the egg hunting champ!!!  WOOT WOOT!  And to think he was "relaxed" and "calm" during it all.....

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 12:50 PM »

Woot! Congrats to Flame!  :dance2: The egg hunt was really fun this year. We really enjoyed relaxing through it this year. Plenty of time and fairly minimal glitches this year. Nice job VFK!  :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 01:23 PM »

I still have no idea where I found them all.  I was dreading someone asking me where I got the eggs.  I'd have to respond "I haven't the faintest idea".  LOL.  Some places I just clicked everything that was larger than a dot.  There was one 'hidden' place I discovered very late in the hunt (well, ALOT of eggs I found very late in the game, actually).  It was the undersea room we have (for those with Merfolk magic).  If you left and then went back in, you got another handful of eggs.  Stonehenge was similar.  You had to get the 3 eggs in there, leave, then go BACK into Stonehenge to see the other 2.  The ice rink was a Godsend.  Some eggs on the Open Road map.  Sigh.  Just glad it's over!  A little neck strain, but I'm still in one piece :)  Didn't want to hurt myself doing it this year, so I paced myself and took breaks, knowing it was 2 days.  Most of the 'extra' eggs I found for Flame on clones while just collecting upright eggs.  Each time I came across one that looked unfamiliar, back on Flame would go to see if he saw it.  Single-mode was also a HUGE Godsend.  Actually, I considered it a necessity.

(hugs)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:25 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 02:33 PM »

I still have no idea where I found them all.  I was dreading someone asking me where I got the eggs.  I'd have to respond "I haven't the faintest idea".  LOL.  Some places I just clicked everything that was larger than a dot.  There was one 'hidden' place I discovered very late in the hunt (well, ALOT of eggs I found very late in the game, actually).  It was the undersea room we have (for those with Merfolk magic).  If you left and then went back in, you got another handful of eggs.  Stonehenge was similar.  You had to get the 3 eggs in there, leave, then go BACK into Stonehenge to see the other 2.  The ice rink was a Godsend.  Some eggs on the Open Road map.  Sigh.  Just glad it's over!  A little neck strain, but I'm still in one piece :)  Didn't want to hurt myself doing it this year, so I paced myself and took breaks, knowing it was 2 days.  Most of the 'extra' eggs I found for Flame on clones while just collecting upright eggs.  Each time I came across one that looked unfamiliar, back on Flame would go to see if he saw it.  Single-mode was also a HUGE Godsend.  Actually, I considered it a necessity.

(hugs)

Congrats Flame!  :thumb:
I did not even know VFK was keeping a list for egg hunters  :lolg:  Perhaps I should check that main page more often

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 03:35 PM »

(hugs)

Congrats Flame!  :thumb:
I did not even know VFK was keeping a list for egg hunters  :lolg:  Perhaps I should check that main page more often

LOL, Idk either, maybe I should of stayed up last night and hunted more eggs.  Oh well, at least I got the upright egg so I am happy.  :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29 PM »

As of just now, the hunt is indeed down!  And it looks like our very own Flame remained the egg hunting champ!!!  WOOT WOOT!  And to think he was "relaxed" and "calm" during it all.....

.it

Congrats Flame!!   :clap1:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up