Sports (Fanatasy & RL) > NASCAR & Other Racing

My question for the week... Do you think women should race in Nascar?

(1/2) > >>

Antjewel:
Hi all race fans!
I have a quick question in regards to women in Nascar. I know I am opening a huge can of worms here but I would really like to know what you think.
Recently Danica Patrick has made the move to Nascar and has already competed in the first part of the season and she will be back competing in June.

So what is your opinion? Do you think women should be allowed to race with the guys?

PrincessWendyBird:
OK, so, King and I are not as avid race fans as some of you, but we do watch many of the races and follow the cup standings, etc. Racing is something fun for the whole family to watch, really.  :)

Anyway, my 2 cents, for what it's worth... I say, yes, why not have the girls out there racing with the guys. I know you need to be pretty athletic to handle these vehicles, but it isn't like you are putting a woman out there 1-1 against a linebacker 3 times her size on a football field. This reminds me of a movie we really enjoy called "Right on Track". It stars Beverley Mitchell (from Seventh Heaven) as Erica Enders. They have played this movie now and then on Disney Channel! :thumb:

papaduck:
If they are competent and come there to race yes....

If they are just there to add to the press coverage and "have skirts among the pants", definitely no.

I have no problem with women and minorities being there as long as they are able to perform. It is just the public attitude that they need to be there for PC "diversity" that I don't agree with.

There are some really capable women (and minorities) in drag racing that show that gender has no difference on being able to compete and win (and they have been around since the beginnings in the 50s). Currently they are in the top pro classes and show the guys no mercy and have won in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro stock and on the Pro Stock Motorcycles.

Gender and race don't matter...Skill and focus are what matters. Anyone who says otherwise is just spreading fertilizer.

PrincessWendyBird:

--- Quote from: papaduck on April 02, 2010, 08:44 AM ---If they are competent and come there to race yes....

If they are just there to add to the press coverage and "have skirts among the pants", definitely no.

I have no problem with women and minorities being there as long as they are able to perform. It is just the public attitude that they need to be there for PC "diversity" that I don't agree with.

There are some really capable women (and minorities) in drag racing that show that gender has no difference on being able to compete and win (and they have been around since the beginnings in the 50s). Currently they are in the top pro classes and show the guys no mercy and have won in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro stock and on the Pro Stock Motorcycles.

Gender and race don't matter...Skill and focus are what matters. Anyone who says otherwise is just spreading fertilizer.

--- End quote ---

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

Decoy:

--- Quote from: PrincessWendyBird on April 02, 2010, 11:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: papaduck on April 02, 2010, 08:44 AM ---If they are competent and come there to race yes....

--- End quote ---

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

--- End quote ---

Yeah!!! What they said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version