VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My question for the week... Do you think women should race in Nascar?  (Read 9563 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Hi all race fans!
I have a quick question in regards to women in Nascar. I know I am opening a huge can of worms here but I would really like to know what you think.
Recently Danica Patrick has made the move to Nascar and has already competed in the first part of the season and she will be back competing in June.

So what is your opinion? Do you think women should be allowed to race with the guys?

You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

OK, so, King and I are not as avid race fans as some of you, but we do watch many of the races and follow the cup standings, etc. Racing is something fun for the whole family to watch, really.  :)

Anyway, my 2 cents, for what it's worth... I say, yes, why not have the girls out there racing with the guys. I know you need to be pretty athletic to handle these vehicles, but it isn't like you are putting a woman out there 1-1 against a linebacker 3 times her size on a football field. This reminds me of a movie we really enjoy called "Right on Track". It stars Beverley Mitchell (from Seventh Heaven) as Erica Enders. They have played this movie now and then on Disney Channel! :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!

If they are competent and come there to race yes....

If they are just there to add to the press coverage and "have skirts among the pants", definitely no.

I have no problem with women and minorities being there as long as they are able to perform. It is just the public attitude that they need to be there for PC "diversity" that I don't agree with.

There are some really capable women (and minorities) in drag racing that show that gender has no difference on being able to compete and win (and they have been around since the beginnings in the 50s). Currently they are in the top pro classes and show the guys no mercy and have won in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro stock and on the Pro Stock Motorcycles.

Gender and race don't matter...Skill and focus are what matters. Anyone who says otherwise is just spreading fertilizer.
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page

If they are just there to add to the press coverage and "have skirts among the pants", definitely no.

I have no problem with women and minorities being there as long as they are able to perform. It is just the public attitude that they need to be there for PC "diversity" that I don't agree with.

There are some really capable women (and minorities) in drag racing that show that gender has no difference on being able to compete and win (and they have been around since the beginnings in the 50s). Currently they are in the top pro classes and show the guys no mercy and have won in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro stock and on the Pro Stock Motorcycles.

Gender and race don't matter...Skill and focus are what matters. Anyone who says otherwise is just spreading fertilizer.

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

Yeah!!! What they said.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I'm with Papaduck on this as well.  No problem with whomever wants to race should have the same shot as anyone.  They have to have the skill and the experience.  I don't think they should put them in a car without "earning the right" through working their way up the ranks through various series. 

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • more laundry....

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

Yeah!!! What they said.

I vote with them too!  Earn it the same way as the others did...or don't be allowed in.  Sometimes too much in life is a "given" instead of being earned/deserved.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic

Umm, I want to change my answer to his...  :lolg:

Yeah!!! What they said.

I vote with them too!  Earn it the same way as the others did...or don't be allowed in.  Sometimes too much in life is a "given" instead of being earned/deserved.
I vote with them as well. If they have the talent, I don't see why they shouldn't race. I only have a problem with Danica when the race isn't going her way and she whines and complains about it.

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!

I vote with them as well. If they have the talent, I don't see why they shouldn't race. I only have a problem with Danica when the race isn't going her way and she whines and complains about it.

Or when she qualifies bad. She needs to learn that kind of stuff is all part of racing...you aren't going to go out and get the pole or front row every time and if you can't tell the crew what needs to be fixed, they really don't have much to go on.

In April, my best friends rail broke two clutches in two days...the second one was catastrophic...destroyed the bell housing and broke the block on the engine he spent the off season building...never made a full pass with it. He brought the car home, built another engine, fixed the damage and last weekend we crewed for him at a vintage drag meet on an old airfield. Unloaded the car in the dirt pits, fired it up and the timing gears broke, (old parts do that sometimes). We spent the afternoon tearing it down, he got parts the next morning and we put it back together. Made one run and had another problem and loaded it on the trailed. Stuff happens, it's all part of racing. We still had a great time and he's fixing the problems to be ready for next month.
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up