Sports (Fanatasy & RL) > Olympics

Winter Olympics!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

papaduck:

--- Quote from: PrincessWendyBird on January 17, 2010, 11:55 PM ---Grog while luging?  :drunk: :weee: :lolg:

Sounds like fun!! :yes!:

Actually, I love the figure skating and ice dancing. Love, love, love it.

Do enjoy watching it, although it hasn't been the same since Torvel and Dean did "Bolero". :clap1:

I also really like to watch curling.  :shy:

Prefer curling up on the couch with mamabunny. :hug:

But, one of my favorite events is the snowboard super pipe and some of the snowboard/ski events straight from X Games. We watch both the Summer and Winter X Games every year. Funny thing is, we are so not "risk takers", so we can live vicariously through athletes like "The Flying Tomato"!  :tomato:

Those guys are nuts!! :crazy2: :crazy4: :o

--- End quote ---

RosieC:

--- Quote from: PrincessWendyBird on January 17, 2010, 11:55 PM ---Grog while luging?  :drunk: :weee: :lolg:

Actually, I love the figure skating and ice dancing. Love, love, love it.

I also really like to watch curling.  :shy:

But, one of my favorite events is the snowboard super pipe and some of the snowboard/ski events straight from X Games. We watch both the Summer and Winter X Games every year. Funny thing is, we are so not "risk takers", so we can live vicariously through athletes like "The Flying Tomato"!  :tomato:

--- End quote ---

Grog while luging!!  HAHA!  Maybe next time I visit Utah I'll have to go up to the luge and give it a try! 

We watch the X games with the same thought!!  We became Flying Tomato fans during the 2002 Salt Lake City Games!  That was such a fun experience. We got to see the torch running through the streets of a near by neighborgood and the huge month long party down town was so fun. There were lots of free exibits to go and see. We saw the Swiss Luge team walking around with their gold metals with a bunch of huge body guards. So Cool!  It was to expensive to go see any of the events that was the only down side.

My oldest daughter loves the figure skating it's fun to watch her dance around the room imitating them.  lol

Curling is just weird, but fun to watch. lol

Kаsiks:
Most of all skeleton (the kind of sport I would love to learn as it includes speed ) but I also like to watch alpine ski, snowboard, ski jumping (I prefer by far the winter games than the summer games, so I know I will watch the most I can )

PrincessWendyBird:
King just picked up a USA Today/Sports Weekly Guide to the Winter Games. We always chart out medals and do some homeschool along with the games. Makes it fun and more interesting, I think. Here is a link to the Vancouver 2010 official site:
http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Decoy:

--- Quote from: RosieC on January 15, 2010, 09:42 AM --- :2thunbs:  Winter Olympics start on February 12th  :2thunbs:

What's your favorite Winter Olympic event? 

--- End quote ---

Watching.

Oh, for the athletes? Bobsled

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version