VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOST-Lily and MOD-Mocha no longer part of Elf Island staff  (Read 19082 times)

• Burried In Treasure Magic
HOST-Lily and MOD-Mocha no longer part of Elf Island staff
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:08 PM »

I don't know who is running that game anymore, but they need to be fired. They've been allowing things that most parents would have a fit about and they are making very poor management decisions.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: HOST-Lily and MOD-Mocha no longer part of Elf Island staff
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43 PM »

Well you picked a bad time to check the game out again.  :(

They let Lily go two days ago  :mad: and there is a lot of other bs going on there. You can read about it on the forum's main page (see the link in a few posts up). I have quit Elf Island due to their poor decisions and lack of moral values once I found out about Lily, and also from what has been transpiring there. They just lost a large part of the original players and base of their game.

I was surprised by this (although I am usually not there long or often to notice much)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:50 PM by funfly »

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 07:37 PM »

This all is so incredibly sad...

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Before

Oh my I never thought about the users of the forums not being able to connect. Is there another Elf forum that many will had too. I do hope you find yoru friends. That is sad. Have to tried contecting Bug and asking her what can be done? That makes it even sadder.

After I read and went oops not very good spelling rofl

Oh my I never thought about the users of the forums not being able to connect. Is there another Elf forum that many will head too. I do hope you find your friends. That is sad. Have you tried contecting Bug and asking her what can be done? That makes it even sadder.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:34 AM by littlebelle »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43 PM »

I have looked and looked and looked... but I can't find EITHER of these references! Horse, what is the post you refer to "a few posts up"? Funfly, where did you find Horse's post to quote? I'm so lost...

What's more, I haven't been able to get past the solid blue screen of EI's pre-login window, so it's been days since I was able to get onto the island. We got home from DLR late last night and LilJungle was able to login for about five minutes, long enough to see that a mod and two players were in the marketplace and NObody was in any other rooms on the rooms list [doesn't include personal homes or minigame rooms]. Looked pretty quiet for a closing time..

Sorry Jungle. Actually there are 2 threads and I copied from the one to put into this thread.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:48 PM by funfly »

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 03:10 PM »

I have looked and looked and looked... but I can't find EITHER of these references! Horse, what is the post you refer to "a few posts up"? Funfly, where did you find Horse's post to quote? I'm so lost...

What's more, I haven't been able to get past the solid blue screen of EI's pre-login window, so it's been days since I was able to get onto the island. We got home from DLR late last night and LilJungle was able to login for about five minutes, long enough to see that a mod and two players were in the marketplace and NObody was in any other rooms on the rooms list [doesn't include personal homes or minigame rooms]. Looked pretty quiet for a closing time..

The part where I said the link to Bugdozer's forum was a few posts up was my post quoted from another thread.

I support Bugdozer's decision to close the forum immediately. First, if she kept it open, it would only continue to support a game that is far from good these days. If I was in the same position, I would also cut all ties with that game.

It was clearly forbidden to exchange personal info on the forum, but both HOST-xxxxxx and child player xxxxxxxxxx chose to ignore that rule. EI is fully aware with all of the proof of HOST-xxxxxx contacting child player xxxxxxxxxx outside of the game.  The HOST is still there and so is the player. EI is aware that IM contacts were exchanged, that the host helps the player win in host games, and that the HOST acts in an unprofessional and immature manner.

I have also seen the above named HOST tell a player recently during a giveaway "don't worry about bringing the rest of your accounts in, I've already put the item into all them". And this is fair how? And to who? More proof that she encourages cheating and abuses her position as HOST. Maybe this is her way of buying players so they go to her games and will turn a blind eye to what is going on.

Also, EI is fully aware of player xxxxxxxxx promoting evil, the fact that he is pretending to be a young girl, plays mind games with kids, and has a history of being banned from other games because of stalking and harassing. Many of us have seen him discussing taking his pain meds while a MOD can be right next to him and they don't do anything about it. I would hope they would tell him no longer to bring that up since we have a problem with prescription medicine and narcotic abuse among our youth. He tells players he'll accept them as his friend if they "do something evil, but don't get banned." He can continually harass players in a room with mods present and nothing gets done.

We recently had a discussion on EIFansite about taken now being allowed on EI. I think we were in complete agreement that it should not be. A player posted part of the chat log which showed MOD-Mocha agreeing with us that taken is not appropriate, and a short time after that she was fired.

Many of us had written on the forum, in game chat, and wrote to the "M" button, that promoting evil should not be allowed. Most hosts and mods looked the other way whenever somebody encouraged players to be mean to others. Lily did the right thing and took a stand against allowing evil, and now she is fired.

We were not given notice that EI was going to fire staff members who stood up for the right things. We were not given notice that EI would not protect children. Lily and Mocha were not given notice that they would be out of a job. We were not given notice that EI was going to stop listening to us when we asked them to not allow taken, to give us breaks between quests, to make it less competitive. We were not given notice that EI would allow promoting evil, instead of just good. I don't think getting notice that the forum was closing would have changed anything. We still could not give out personal info and I think if players knew it was closing they would have sent the personal info since a ban would not have meant anything.

Bugdozer, Ink, and all the forum staff had created an incredible forum. Anyone who has built or maintained a forum knows how time consuming it is. I have contacted Bug and know she is extremely upset with having to have made that decision and did not take it lightly. She is sickened over having to do it. She did not do it to hurt any of us. Also, the last day some rude individuals were posting non-G rated comments because they wanted to support EI. It probably would have turned very ugly if the forum remained open, so before it got any worse, she closed it. Bug did the right thing of no longer being associated with a game that makes poor decisions on a daily basis. It was a very different situation than when VMK closed.

Elf Island seemed like the most promising game I found since VMK closed. I liked that we could also help some great nonprofits while gaming. But, I have chosen to boycott Elf Island and others have as well. I have invested countless hours in that game to get to the point I was. It's not easy walking away from something where I spent every day since it opened with old and new friends. But I felt if I stayed there, I was being hypocritical. I believe in standing up for what is right. I hope eventually more will, too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:01 PM by Purpleduck »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 03:15 PM »

We have not played Elf Island since its very early days when it first opened. I have no idea about what has gone on and don't want to speculate only knowing one side of the story. I do, however, feel badly for members of the fansite who lost a home so unexpectedly. I will leave it at that, but I did poke around a little and found a site called "Elf Island Windows". It seems to have been started by some players who came from Bugdozer's fansite. I will place the web link for it here and maybe some of you EI players can pass it on to others from EIF through other forums or Twitter, facebook, etc. Hopefully, some people can re-connect through this site.

http://elfislandwindow.secrets-stories.com/portal.htm

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:31 PM »

Right here is a forum for EI.  You all even posted in it!  :lolg:

We really hadn't had too many playing EI lately, so I let it slide for the past month or so, keeping up on blogs and new items.

But this can become as much of a forum as any would like (for EI), just as we have a very alive and major forum for VFK as well.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:37 PM »

Right here is a forum for EI.  You all even posted in it!  :lolg:

We really hadn't had too many playing EI lately, so I let it slide for the past month or so, keeping up on blogs and new items.

But this can become as much of a forum as any would like (for EI), just as we have a very alive and major forum for VFK as well.

I always know I can find my VMK/VFK/EI friends here.  :dance3: I think we've all been around long enough and been members on other forums that we can always find each other if we try hard enough.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
-
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20 PM »

nvm
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:47 PM by funfly »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 06:36 PM »

:lolg: Well, I guess I figured our forums were a given for adults out there. I posted the other site thinking some people might be able to pass it on to the many kids who belonged to Bug's site. Hugs to all of you who had found a home at EI and are now finding yourselves "homeless" again.  :bighug:

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 08:06 PM »

Hi, Looks like I need to respond.

No one but me knows what I am going through. I lived on Elf Island from opening to closing. I promoted the game since before it opened. It became my home. So not only do I not have my site that I love but I am homeless again with no game to play. I feel like they let me down.

As the owner of a site there is a huge responsibility. It is even more so when you decide to make it a kids site. When I took this on with Slinkyman at the beginning the most important thing was/is the safety of the members. I wanted to run the type of site I would have wanted for my kid when they were 8yo and up. I took the steps necessary to become Coppa compliant.  I took this job seriously. I could not live with myself if a child was hurt due to someone contacting them through my site.

I was left with no choice. An adult staff (host) used my site to contact a 14 yo child. Does not matter if you or I think this person  is "safe" this is extremely dangerous. Would you want a stranger contacting your child? To see the things this adult told this kid is just so wrong. Then to tell her where she lives is beyond belief. Not only did they break rules on my site but this staff broke her contract and her rules of her job.  Seems she was so unhappy with her co workers and her job that she had to go a child to complain to. I don't know how anyone could find this acceptable.

I took the steps necessary that was in best interest of all- banned them and contacted the game owners.  Everything would have been fine if they had done what should have been done to start with. That staff should have been relieved of her job.  But when I talked to them on the phone I was fed a story about how they were a new company and wanted to treat their employees like family. That is fine but the safety of kids are at stake here. I was informed that by Coppa laws if the girl had been 13 or under they would have had no choice but to fire their staff person.  So I guess she is lucky the child she picked was 14. I was in unbelievable disbelief that nothing was done. I gave worst punishment on my site then she received. 

I struggled with this for weeks. I hoped they would see their error and do the right thing. Things were going downhill so fast and bad. The talk allowed on the island broke my heart. The game was sinking before my eyes. For a place whose motto is do good they were not seeing what was happening in their world.
As word was getting out the other day things went bad fast.  It was becoming a fighting match. I had a kid start posting vulgar messages to me. I had to stop it from getting worst. I did not need to have Elf Island come to me and say that I kept the site open only so people could bash them. Even in my anguish and despair of what was happening I tried to have some respect for the game.  My statement was extremely hard to write and post.

Judge me if you must but you have not walked in my shoes. I miss my site terribly. The kids, the people, the articles, the pictures, the honor of producing something quality for the kids.  I go there all the time still and look at my home page and just cry. I look at it and say EI why can't you do the right thing. I miss being in the game all the time. I LOVED this month theme. I feel like I have been a walking zombie for 3 days.  This is killing me more than any of you.
If EI was to fix the problems then I would consider starting up again but I know that will never happen as in their eyes they have done nothing wrong. In my eyes allowing a staff that could easily try to contact another child to stay is just plain wrong and dangerous.

It you think your butts hurt, be happy it is just that as once again I had my heart ripped out.

Bug

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 04:34 PM »

:hug: Big Bug Hugs to you Bug! :hug:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 06:42 AM »

I am sad to hear about all these events.  I can't really comment on the host and child relationship/EI response and things that have been occurring on EI since I only know about it all from reading these posts (other than wow, that is scary that it sounds like adults are abusing their "power" and not putting children first and I am sad for Lily and Mocha losing their jobs for standing up for what they saw as inapporpriate).
I haven't been on EI in months because I have more interest in other online places and not enough time for it all.  I was a member of Slinky/Bug's forum from the beginning, and although it has been awhile since I have visited there as well, I always saw it as really well made and fun.  You could tell a lot of time, money, and heart was put into it.  The contests and ideas were cute and it was well moderated. 
Huge hugs to you Bug.  From all I have read/heard you made the best, safest decisions.  I am sad that you and many more are once again out of a "home".   I hope that people aren't upset at you because I agree that giving notice of closing would have probably caused some inappropriate comments and information being posted.  While I don't know what you are going through, your post shows you commitment to the best interest of children and the love you have/had for your site and EI.  Thank you for sharing, and best wishes to you, Lily, Mocha, and all the former EIers in finding a new place to call virtual home.
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 09:42 AM »

:lolg: Well, I guess I figured our forums were a given for adults out there. I posted the other site thinking some people might be able to pass it on to the many kids who belonged to Bug's site. Hugs to all of you who had found a home at EI and are now finding yourselves "homeless" again.  :bighug:

Just to clarify we have a number of wonderful boards for a variety of games and activities. We do try to keep the public portions of the site kid friendly, however we are not, nor will we ever be a kid's site.

The whole reason KnoBS began was to get away from the childish BS running rampant at other sites. It is therefore our intention to maintain a site as free of said BS as possible.

There have been a few cases when there have been suspicions of members under 18 on this site, and even a couple of times that a member has clearly shown there age to be under 18. In the cases of the second example they were banned an told they would be welcomed back when they were an adult. In the cases where there has been only a suspicion, we have tried to make our judgments solely on the content of their posts and their behavior.

For these reasons I have no problem with sharing information about other sites, or even clearly suggesting, in public sections of the forum, alternatives for younger players of any of the games we have boards for.

On another note pertaining to this thread, I am deeply saddened to hear of all that has gone on. As a forum administrator / website owner my heart goes out to you Bug. :hug:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

kool_cat

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 01:20 PM »

It is my understanding that Elf Island is under investigation, because,  several complaints have been filed for the massive amount of Copa violations, and several players  and or  hosts are being investigated  as well. When the Dust settles, perhaps there will be a few surpises in store. Video screen capture programs are wonderful that way, they take amazing video , used for various things like complaints, and, are very difficult to defend against.
I hope that the folks that violate the COPA laws and put our children at risk , pay the ulitmate price. Many folks have no idea that your internet service provider can be forced to remove you from thier service. The Feds can work wonders that way, and, it does not even matter if you are bootlegging your service, they simply ban your Mac address from your computer.. go figure...  :waveh:
Pages: [1]   Go Up