VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Test Puzzles with VFK Spinner Friday 9/18  (Read 15226 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
New Test Puzzles with VFK Spinner Friday 9/18
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:57 AM »

King and I were up early for a busy day and thought we'd hop on VFK for a bit. A new Crossword puzzle (the scramble kind) was there around 6:30 EST. I actually completed the puzzle first and received the floor lamp! Wow!
King finished a few places behind me and when he checked his puzzle, there was a VFK Spinner that popped up. You spin the wheel for your chance at different credit amounts or the "Win" box to win a lamp. Very cute idea!

I sent in a few questions and Enigma answered. The puzzles will be running again at 6:30am EST, 12pm EST, and 8:00pm EST. She said the faster you finish the puzzle, the more win chances you should have on your wheel. I know this will not make everyone happy, but we thought it was a creative way to randomize things and change it up a bit.

Well, at least I head out for yucky tests today on a happy note.  :) Below is the picture of the VFK Spinner:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: New Test Puzzles with VFK Spinner Friday 9/18
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:15 AM »

Congrats on the lamp Wendy!!!! :wavet: :yes!: :yes!: :yes!:

I wonder if you spin, what you get with the WIN?
And that spinner is a clever idea, lol. But not many will be happy again... nope!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:29 AM »

Congrats Wendy Woot woot. I must say I enjoy this type of puzzle more.  Though I have always had trouble with scrambled mixes it is a fair game. I have no hope of every placing first but I do have a chance at least on a lamp. So I got 350 credits :) Most of all I did the puzzle all by myself no help and no cheats so to me that is the fun part.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
    Ever since I was a young girl
    I've played the silver ball
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:59 AM »

Thanks for the info. & congrats on winning!  The wheel is a neat concept.

Edited to add:  Okay, just finished the puzzle. Spun the wheel.  Got really excited because it was slowing down really close to win...BUT it stopped one click past win which is for ZERO credits.  :bm:  Bummer!  LOL.  Oh well.  :) 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:48 AM by sunday_monkey »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 08:02 AM »

For some reason i have never been successful at crossword puzzles, and still wasn't with the VFK ones they have been doing.

But wow!  I love to do scrambled!  I did also like the wheel for prizes, but I was just happy I could do a puzzle!  :yes!:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 08:33 AM »

Woot! Way to go!

I think that is a fun way to try to randomize some prizes. Thanks to staff for working to find a way to share out the chance of winning special prize.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:21 AM by goldengourd »
-PotOfGoldWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20 AM »

Thanks for the info, Wendy...and congratulations!  :)

This is an interesting way to make the puzzles more appealing.  I haven't tried to do one yet, so I'm off to try it ;)

Oh...and welcome back, Pix.  ltns...

Just having looked at the winners, it looks like my prediction became a reality.  People are loading their clones onto the winners list.  Increasing their chances of winning by allowing more spins of the wheel.  Looks like the playing field will have to be leveled again...

Flamanar
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:30 AM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:38 AM »

For some reason i have never been successful at crossword puzzles, and still wasn't with the VFK ones they have been doing.

But wow!  I love to do scrambled!  I did also like the wheel for prizes, but I was just happy I could do a puzzle!  :yes!:

Aww Ducky, they have had scrambled for some time now.  I think the time slots for the scrambled version previously, were like 5:30am and 11:30am (Central time).  Then VFK had the regular crossword puzzle at like 6:30 or 7pm (Central time).  I want to say that the Scrambled version is still going to be at the same time slots, as well as the Crossword.  They just changed the way prizes are given.   ;)

Anyway, YAY!!!  Thanks for the update Princess!  And Congrats!   Thanks VFK for listening to your players!  LOVE the new way!  I think that this will be a much more fair way to hand out the Lamps, and whatever other prize they decide to put in there.  Clones are always going to be an issue, so that doesn't bother me too much, it is what it is.  Everyone has clones, me included.  I just don't have an army of hundreds to put through puzzles and mazes, etc.  Don't have the time or patience for it, and it's not that important to me.   :dance2:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 02:02 PM »

Congrats Wendy!

Might have to check these puzzles out again. Thanks for the info.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 05:41 PM »

I sent in a few questions and Enigma answered. The puzzles will be running again at 6:30am EST, 12pm EST, and 8:00pm EST. She said the faster you finish the puzzle, the more win chances you should have on your wheel.

Ok.  As a second-place winner today (AGAIN), I didn't see any extra win chances.  I had the same wheel that everyone who followed after me received.  I spun the wheel and got some credits.  I'm not sure if by 'win chances' it means that the wheel spins more in your favor?...or there are more 'win' areas on the wheel itself.   :??:

Flamanar...no idea how bad I got beat...again... :waveb:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 05:48 PM »

Aww - Flame....so close! 

One thing I have noticed is that the wheels are different as far as where the numbers on the wheel are.  For example, if you look at the one Wendy posted above and this one I got from earlier today you can see that on mine the zero is after the 'win' and on Wendy's it's between '50' & '125'.  Not sure how/if having different wheels improves odds or not, just something I thought I'd point out.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 05:55 PM »

Aww - Flame....so close! 

One thing I have noticed is that the wheels are different as far as where the numbers on the wheel are.  For example, if you look at the one Wendy posted above and this one I got from earlier today you can see that on mine the zero is after the 'win' and on Wendy's it's between '50' & '125'.  Not sure how/if having different wheels improves odds or not, just something I thought I'd point out.

.It just saw what you posted, Sunday.  She did a few crosswords today to see if/how things changed, and she said that the wheel is different almost everytime.  Like you said...not a clue if it improves the odds or not.  Can't see how it can...since there's only one 'win' space?   :??:

Flamanar...destined to be second... :shy:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 06:09 PM »

Sorry guys, we were gone most of the day and then I came home and took a nap.  :sleep:

I am guessing from what we have all seen that maybe there is only one Win Space on all wheels. Maybe I misinterpreted what Enigma said. I am thinking there are more high credit spaces or spaces placed easier to spin a win.  :hmmmm:

Either way, I actually think this was a really creative way to take the situation and turn it around. Our kids loved the wheel! They were up early also because they were going with us to the hospital/dr. office. Our son finished the word scramble pretty quickly and as soon as the kids saw the wheel, they loved it. He helped Princess do her puzzle and they started calling it "The Wheel of Wow". If you've ever played Webkinz, you know what the wheel of wow is. It was too funny!  :lolg:

I created a Victorian room to put the lamp in so everyone could stop in and visit/take a peek. I am afk right now, but I am in there if anyone wants to stop in. I will be there for a little bit, but if I am quiet, you will know I am doing things here. It should be pretty lag free, no animated items, etc. OK Hugs everyone!  :hug: :bighug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Sorry guys, we were gone most of the day and then I came home and took a nap.  :sleep:

I am guessing from what we have all seen that maybe there is only one Win Space on all wheels. Maybe I misinterpreted what Enigma said. I am thinking there are more high credit spaces or spaces placed easier to spin a win.  :hmmmm:

Either way, I actually think this was a really creative way to take the situation and turn it around. Our kids loved the wheel! They were up early also because they were going with us to the hospital/dr. office. Our son finished the word scramble pretty quickly and as soon as the kids saw the wheel, they loved it. He helped Princess do her puzzle and they started calling it "The Wheel of Wow". If you've ever played Webkinz, you know what the wheel of wow is. It was too funny!  :lolg:

I created a Victorian room to put the lamp in so everyone could stop in and visit/take a peek. I am afk right now, but I am in there if anyone wants to stop in. I will be there for a little bit, but if I am quiet, you will know I am doing things here. It should be pretty lag free, no animated items, etc. OK Hugs everyone!  :hug: :bighug:

Hope all went well at the Dr's today, Wendy!  It was my turn a couple days ago.  Blech.  Doctors...  :'(

I agree that this seems to be the best solution to the puzzle problem that existed.  I think it extremely clever using the rotating wheel, and I love to watch it spin (yeah...it's the little things ;) ). 

(hugs and continued prayers)

Flame and family

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 04:34 AM »

I was ready right on time to start the crossword this morning.  I worked right through it, and had mixed emotions.

:yes!: I completed it, and found myself on the winner's list! (always do my clone first)
  :'(    Placed 24th  (Just how the hell do some of those others do it so incredibly fast?  :??: )

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 06:59 AM »

Actually, more than one person can get the WIN. Last night, before the evening puzzle, a blast said that 5 other people had won the lamp. So, 6 lamps were won at the noonish time puzzle. Which means many can be won per puzzle time.
ScarlettPixie

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 08:24 AM »

Actually, more than one person can get the WIN. Last night, before the evening puzzle, a blast said that 5 other people had won the lamp. So, 6 lamps were won at the noonish time puzzle. Which means many can be won per puzzle time.

Yes, first to finish gets the "lamp", while 5 spun the wheel and hit "win".  At least that's how I understand it.

If you were responding to my post, I am not after a win, I just thought I had had a pretty good "completion time", yet I only got 24th position.  I know I am old and slowing down, but geez!  :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 10:22 AM »

Well from my time calculations on this afternoons puzzle, it was solved within 6-7 minutes flat, no more than that.  Is that even humanly possible?!   :ahh:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 10:45 AM »

I really don't know how some people do it.  Speaking for myself, I can look at a group of letters and very quickly see the answer.  I guess it's like people who are excellent at games like "Wheel of Fortune".  They are just good at quickly processing information.    I usually can complete the wordmix in around 10 minutes or just shy of that.  Not sure how people get it in less time than that...unless they're just better at it.  I doubt they're using a solver, because that just adds time onto the completion of the puzzle.  I have a couple theories on how it can be done faster...but I don't want to corrupt anyone here...or anyone elsewhere for that matter. ;)

That blast Pix:  are you sure that didn't include the morning game as well?  There's 3 puzzles a day:  morning, noonish and night.  I think the blast only comes up at the night puzzle...but I don't do morning puzzles, so I don't know.  Just wondering if the night blasts include the morning and noonish puzzle results (combined) or just the noonish puzzle results.

I do know that a win with the wheel is VERY rare.  I've read of people running a fair amount of clones through the wheel...with no success.  Sounds like it's easier to win a step or window wall in the mazes.  LOL

Todays noonish puzzle started at 12:30pm EST, btw...which is around where they have been before.  Just an FYI.  Not sure if they just always run late or if that is the time they expect to run that puzzle.  

There was an uber-bug in the noonish puzzle that slowed Flamanette up quite alot.  There was one answer that had no clue.  Worse, the box had no number for a clue, and clicking on it wouldn't allow you to type from left to right (it was an 'across' word).  Blech.

I did notice the first 30 places today filling up very fast...as opposed to the 'test' period.

Flamanar...at least we can look at the pretty wheel now... :hypno:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:49 AM by flamanar »

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 11:04 AM »

I don't know why, since I'm not usually all that great at word scrambles, but I found the Noonish puzzle very easy today.  I zipped right through it using nothing but my good ole brain.  I didn't time myself, but I got 4th place, which is the highest for me so far.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 12:15 PM »

Yes, first to finish gets the "lamp", while 5 spun the wheel and hit "win".  At least that's how I understand it.

If you were responding to my post, I am not after a win, I just thought I had had a pretty good "completion time", yet I only got 24th position.  I know I am old and slowing down, but geez!  :lolg:

I'm right with you on the regular crossword puzzles duck.he! I was racing like crazy doing last nights and didn't even make the top list.  :heat: Of course, I am the type of crossword puzzle gal in real life who will put it down and come back to it later. Still, I was getting a complex watching people finish so fast. Thank goodness for the wheel!  :lolg:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 01:04 PM »

I'm right with you on the regular crossword puzzles duck.he! I was racing like crazy doing last nights and didn't even make the top list.  :heat: Of course, I am the type of crossword puzzle gal in real life who will put it down and come back to it later. Still, I was getting a complex watching people finish so fast. Thank goodness for the wheel!  :lolg:

Please watch the spinning wheel.....you are getting sleepy, when you awake from the spinning wheel you will NOT feel old..... ;)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 01:38 PM »

Actually I am really bad at scrambled words. My brain does not work that way. So if I can figure this puzzle out anyone can rofl. But I do like that fact that anyone has a chance at a lamp now. :) Congrats to my riend gold who won a lamp on the wheel :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 02:57 PM »

Woot! Congrats Gold!

:clap1: :2thunbs: :clapping:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 03:10 PM »

Congrats Golden!   :clap1: :2thunbs: :dance3:

Flamanette won on the wheel a little while ago as well!  Flame has SUCH bad luck with spinning wheels :(

Flamanar...-spins-... :sur:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Okay...you know you've done too many crossword puzzles when you think you're seeing secret messages in them from VFK.

...bacon removes all scars...foreign teas are mere tales...roasted spiders rome asia...  What is VFK trying to tell us?

Or maybe I've just watched National Treasure too many times?

~Sunday Monkey (still lampless & going cross eyed (and maybe a little crazy?) from crossword puzzles.) :tongue3:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 01:41 PM »

Congrats .It!

-gets in line behind Flame in bad spins-

Okay...you know you've done too many crossword puzzles when you think you're seeing secret messages in them from VFK.

...bacon removes all scars...foreign teas are mere tales...roasted spiders rome asia...  What is VFK trying to tell us?

~Sunday Monkey (still lampless & going cross eyed (and maybe a little crazy?) from crossword puzzles.) :tongue3:

Oh! Grocery list: bacon, teas, roast, uhhh pass on the roasted spiders - let's just go with bacon and teas.

Just saw National Treasure few nights back - but I too thought I saw some 'hidden messages' in those crosswords...

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 01:50 PM »

Hmmm.....subliminal messages?  :hmmmm:  You could be onto something there...

Last crossword I saw the following:  SOON DEPENDS ON PERSPECTIVE...had some trouble with the last word...  :lolp: :roflmao: :rofl1:

Flamanar...PBS = Puzzled Brain Syndrome...  :sur:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 02:03 PM »

Last crossword I saw the following:  SOON DEPENDS ON PERSPECTIVE...had some trouble with the last word...  :lolp: :roflmao: :rofl1:

Ahhhh - good one Flame!   :clap1:

:time:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 10:07 AM »

This morning's crossword I almost missed the list, coming in at #28

But hmm, I think I like that some are at work, and others at school for the 12:30 crossword.  Duck was able to come in 19th on the finish list!  :yes!:

(Don't mind me, it's those simple little things I like!  :lolg: )

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 10:20 AM »

Congrats Duck.i!  :clap1: :2thunbs:

The night puzzles seem to be much harder now.  A few of the clues they've used recently have been fairly unrelated to what the answer is.  Wish they'd make the answers match the questions again.  I seriously believe that around 90% of all VFK players aren't able to complete the night puzzles....unless someone else posts the answers and they copy them.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:34 AM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 01:40 PM »

Congrats Duck.i!  :clap1: :2thunbs:

The night puzzles seem to be much harder now.  A few of the clues they've used recently have been fairly unrelated to what the answer is.  Wish they'd make the answers match the questions again.  I seriously believe that around 90% of all VFK players aren't able to complete the night puzzles....unless someone else posts the answers and they copy them.

Flamanar

I tried myself first...really I did.  Then I had to find the spoilers  :shy:

sunday_monkey

• Long live the Muppets!
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 06:05 PM »

Hooray!  I finally made it into the top 30! LOL, ya, I'm normally *really* slow at doing them. 

Congrats Flame on getting done first tonight!  :bow2: 

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 06:43 PM »

Congrats Flame!  :clap1: :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 07:37 PM »

Thanks thanks.  and Congrats, Sunday!  Way to go!  Anyone who finished the puzzle tonight is a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly, I believe tonights puzzle was the hardest yet.  I didn't finish until around 8:22!  I thought something was wrong with the puzzle when I got stuck and nobody had won yet, and it was so late.  I sent a help report and Age IM me.  While I was explaining that I think VFK messed the puzzle up, I found a let.er out of place and got the rest of the words.  Yay :)

Really...tonights puzzle was SO crazy hard...time for Flame to take a puzzle break, methinks. :sur:

Flamanar...gonna take a few days to recover from this puzzle...uh huh... :waveb:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 08:51 AM »

I don't see messages, but I'm starting to make sentences out of them!  :rofl1:

ScarlettPixie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 01:45 PM »

I don't see messages, but I'm starting to make sentences out of them!  :rofl1:

The sentence I see mine telling me is "You will never win a lamp...muahaha!"   :sur: :lolg:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 09:08 PM »

Yes you will Fun! So keep at those puzzles!!!
ScarlettPixie

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up