VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/11/2009 New Gaming Release!  (Read 4449 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/11/2009 New Gaming Release!
« on: September 11, 2009, 11:37 AM »

New Gaming Release!
September 11, 2009 11:13 AM

Hey there, SmallWorlds citizens. It's Johnny Wilde here to give you the heads up on an awesome gaming release that I'm sure you've been looking forward to as much as I have. No doubt about it, this is going to see me burning some serious midnight oil in the PVP gaming arenas!

V2.0 saw the release of two of the new weapons, the Star Sprinkle Wand and the Pea Shooter. But if you've been waiting to bolster up your weapons arsenal, your wait is over! All weapons are now for sale at Sovereign Plaza (with a few selling at Arena Central). Come pay a visit. You won't be disappointed!
The Weapons

All weapons are tied to your CP levels. If (like me) you've been inviting loads of friends into SmallWorlds, then you're going to have a bigger range to choose from. Let's check them all out.

CL1 Weapons

These are 100% new, never been seen before!  Three cool new weapons that will be easy to obtain, as you only need to be CL1 to use them. Remember, you get 1 Citizen Level for every 20 Citizen points you earn, so these CL1 weapons are really easy to get.

Electro Shocker - a high tech electric stun weapon

Sonic Confuser - a device that emits confusion rays

Ice Cube Cannon  - a gun that launches ice cubes at high velocity

CL 10 Weapons

Firebolt Crossbow - A crossbow that shoots out deadly fire bolts

Glue Gun - A gun that shoots out sticky glue

Icebolt Crossbow - A crossbow that shoots freezing ice bolts

Sea Sprite Trident - A magical coral lightning trident charged with the power of Neptune

Gauntlet of Madness - Summons an ancient orb that takes control of people's minds

Health Staff - A magical staff that heals damage

CL 40 Weapons

Fireball Bazooka - A bazooka that shoots out a deadly fire blast

Toxic Waste Gun - A gun that shoots out toxic waste

Nitrogen Gun - A gun that sprays chilling nitrogen gas

Whirlwind Staff - An elemental weapon that generates a powerful whirlwind

Stellar Staff - A mysterious staff that draws on the power of a dark energy

New Game Arena - Magma Core

We've also got a cool new Game Arena, Magma Core. It's a Capture the Flag style game set in rivers of red hot lava! I reckon this could be a great place for an Ice Cube Cannon. In fact, I might take one to shoot myself and cool off a little!

Magma Core - definitely a place where you can expect to get a real sweat on.  It's a smoking hot game to play, so get a group of friends together and give it a go!

Competitor and Professional Leagues - Keeping it Fair!

To keep it fair and fun for everyone, we've now got different gaming leagues you can play in, depending on what CP Level you hold. If you're on CP10 and you're playing in an arena with a friend on CP70 we realize that you're going to be out of your depth pretty quickly!

Now you can choose to enter a gaming arena at Competitor League level (up to CL20 and XP50) or at Professional League level (CL40 and XP90). That means that if you want to use your High CP Level weapons, you'll need to choose a Professional League gaming arena to match that weapon level. We'll be adding in new league levels as the SmallWorlds community collectively levels up.

Another way we're keeping it fair is that we've decided that higher level feet items such as the Hover Board and Rocket Boots will not be usable in PVP game arenas.

Watch out for me in the pro leagues, and a word of warning, watch your back!
Inviting Friends into SmallWorlds = Access to cool weapons!

The rewards for inviting friends into SmallWorlds are pretty awesome in my opinion - increasing my CP levels so I can get access to those weapons is definitely worth sending out some SmallWorlds invitations.... and then when my friends come in-world we can get a team together.

Maybe I'll see you in one of the arenas sometime soon - at the other end of a Fireball Bazooka, I'm hoping - ha ha!

~ Johnny Wilde
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:18 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 9/11/2009 New Gaming Release!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:18 PM »

All of the items in this blog are available in both tokens and gold.  They are can all be used more than once after a quick recharge--like the ray guns.

Here is a quick price run down in tokens.   Please correct me if I make an error:

(Previously released:  pea shooter 1,000 tokens and star sprinkle wand 9,000 tokens)

Citizen Level 1
Electro Shocker 8,000 tokens.
Sonic Confuser 9,000 tokens.  (Avatar turns purple and stars circle above the head)
Ice Cube Cannon 9,000 tokens.

Citizen Level 10
Firebolt Crossbow 38,000 tokens
Glue Gun 37,000 tokens
Icebolt Crossbow 39,000 tokens
Sea Sprite Trident 35,000 tokens (light blue lightning)
Gauntlet of Madness 26,000 tokens (I believe this is spinning head magic)
Health Staff 10,000 tokens

Citizen Level 40
Fireball Bazooka 55,000 tokens (avatar on fire)
Toxic Waste Gun 56,000 tokens (lime green, major stink bomb)
Nitrogen Gun  69,000 tokens (Frozen, with icicles hanging from avatar)
Whirlwind Staff  61,000 (similar to cursed storm, avatar turns green)
Stellar Staff 55,000 tokens (dark navy blue with a few either stars or sparkles)

Summary: A bit over 500,000 tokens if you buy one of each weapon.  
Part of the key to the weapons is the impact they have on avatar attributes (health, speed, etc)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:32 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 9/11/2009 New Gaming Release!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:24 PM »

SmallWorlds player Caroline Marie posted a link to her Flickr album on the official SW site.
It contains pictures of the effect from each of the new weapons/spells.  Thought it might be a good reference.

Here is the link:
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/34540957@N06/3910114202/

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up