VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: TUTORIALS and CALANDER  (Read 9346 times)

Gypsyoffire

• Pirate Throne
TUTORIALS and CALANDER
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:38 AM »

On a "not to be named" forum....just recently...there was talk about VFK needing a Turorial System of some sort and a Calander to help Get, Retain, and Occupy new and old players....
Bluelakeguy..posted this in open forum so I share it all with you here since I do not know if you will miss it....
INTERESTING..that a OFF SITE....PAY....and Download?? for a Kids and family game sold on Ebay??
anyway I LIKE and AGREE 100% with Tutorial and Calander...and asked VFK which their reply was basically "NOT INTERESTED" those players in game will help and guide new players as they enter the Kingdom and step into the garden....
SO...here is Blues Quote and answer to the thread about Tutorials and Help for VFK...
(IF NOT OK MODS PLZ remove....)

BY: BLUELAKEGUY
"Interesting you said that, I had discussions with VFK regarding publishing a quest/ game giude book, and then selling it on Ebay.
after clearing the many hurdles of developers, lawyers , advisers , publishers , copyright questions, and future rights , I was advised and given the green light to proceed.
I came up with this idea before Christmas of last year, the thought was to publish it in time for Christmas.
I am presently putting it into a PDF fotmat for the final approval from vfk, even though they already told me it was ok, I want to make sure there is no issue with it.
the idea is to make it avalible in a digital page that is security proofed so it can only be viewed not printed, . Ip addresses would be secured to each sale , so if someome was to try to sell thier acess code, it would not allow the buyer to use it , it as the IP adress does not match .
I was working on this before i got veery ill and had the operation that i just had to it was put on the back burner for a while.
In fact I have a test site up and it is being security tested by some high school kids to see if there are ways they can get around it. yes these are those kids that will be future developers ...lol
They claim they can crack anything lol.
I am testing a new digital copy gaurd program that a company I know and work with is developing.
I think the idea that there needs to be help for ppl is great . but as busy as VFK is,... I think that those that think it needs to happen, they need to step up to the plate , and make it happen them selves .It is always much easyer to sit back and complain, ( not that anyone is doing that here) than it is to actually do something about it......
Become that in game helper , and HELP ppl . Do not become the Drama Queens and Kings that sit on the map and complain that noone will help , and say mean things about staff till they appear, and then suddenly act like that staff person is the best thing that ever happened to you, in game , and that they are your best friend"

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: TUTORIALS and CALANDER
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:22 AM »

I saw that. I was very disappointed and somewhat surprised that it was allowed to stay on *cough* other place *cough* considering it mentioned a 3rd party site where the person who did the posting might possibly profit from the same.   :td: Makes me wonder.....

I was glad to see that some readers added there would be no reason to purchase said future item since the information could be found free of charge on forums(there are multiple ones) or by asking in the game.

Don't remember if VMK ever had one, if they did I don't know that I ever saw it. I learned from wandering and clicking and asking others in game and finding some forums. Same with VFK when it opened...I wandered and clicked, read their front page, talked to others in game...much more fun!

As a side note:  I again thank you NoBS for this site....seeing some of the comments/things that go on at other places(and there are more than 1 or 2 of those places)-- just make this NoBS even more of a favorite special place for us here!  :2thunbs: :bighug:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:25 PM by funfly »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:04 AM »

Are we talking about the "DIS" site?

Or is a different one?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:12 AM »

Are we talking about the "DIS" site?

Or is a different one?

A different one.  VFKFF.   ;)

Link to that specific post/thread:

http://www.vfkfanforums.com/general-vfk-in-game-talk-f2/what-vfk-really-needs-t20740.htm
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:28 AM »

Interesting read. 
Don't know any of those avi's so I will do my best to  :-X.   

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:42 AM »

Interesting read.  
Don't know any of those avi's so I will do my best to  :-X.  

I tried  :-X ...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:45 AM by funfly »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:59 AM »

Interesting read.  

I say, "Say what you want."  And even if you get the boot over there you know we will always keep out the BS over here.  Except when it comes to Karma.  In that case, let the BS rule.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:52 AM »

Interesting read.  

I say, "Say what you want."  And even if you get the boot over there you know we will always keep out the BS over here.  Except when it comes to Karma.  In that case, let the BS rule.

Thanks Bright!  :bighug:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 04:08 PM »

I would exalt you but I can't  :td:

King....last known Karma: +129

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 04:58 PM »

I would exalt you but I can't  :td:

hehehe   :lolg:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 06:04 PM »

I say, "Say what you want."  And even if you get the boot over there you know we will always keep out the BS over here.  Except when it comes to Karma.  In that case, let the BS rule.

I would exalt you but I can't  :td:

I couldn't tell you what my Karma number was when it was shut down.  Yes, it was shut down because of some BS.

Oh, did I say BS?  I thought there wasn't any of that here!

BRING BACK KARMA!!!!  So that I can smite you all.  Especially Happy and Astro and PurpleDuck.  Why?  Because I glove them.  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Be warned.  I don't know who you are, but I will smite you!!!!!   :roflmao:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 06:33 PM »

ok where did our karma go. I did not pay much attention but when did it disappear? A BS mystery. Did I miss it somewhere some how. And why do I care cause I never knew it was gone.

Well I am just a nosey person :)

Ok I read the flashing annoucements and it seems karma had a heart attack and in is ICU. Hang on in Karam :'(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:35 PM by littlebelle »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 09:13 PM »

ok where did our karma go. I did not pay much attention but when did it disappear? A BS mystery. Did I miss it somewhere some how. And why do I care cause I never knew it was gone.

Well I am just a nosey person :)

Ok I read the flashing annoucements and it seems karma had a heart attack and in is ICU. Hang on in Karam :'(

Hi Belle,

Karma didn't have a problem.  Seems some people had a problem with Karma.  Does anyone else smell the BS here? :bm:  Or is that King?  Nope, not King.  Its the BS this time.

Seems certain someones simply snitched regarding smiting.  I guess this isn't a Breaking Story anymore. ;)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 10:20 PM »

I say, "Say what you want."  And even if you get the boot over there you know we will always keep out the BS over here.  Except when it comes to Karma.  In that case, let the BS rule.

I couldn't tell you what my Karma number was when it was shut down.  Yes, it was shut down because of some BS.

BRING BACK KARMA!!!!  So that I can smite you all.  Especially Happy and Astro and PurpleDuck.  Why?  Because I glove them.  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Be warned.  I don't know who you are, but I will smite you!!!!!   :roflmao:

Smite me , gnome.he, smite me!  :spank4: I can take anything after 14 years of King's gas!  :sur:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 11:42 AM »

LOL. :laugh2:  I love how threads spiral completely and hopelessly off topic and out of control here!  :rofl1:  :clap1: :clapping:  Gotta love letting loose :)

In response to the topic of this thread, I will say....little.  Any fourth grade kid can see what is going on "elsewhere on the internet".  The cat has been set loose from the bag for all to see.  Connect the dots, and all things become clear.  A post so small reveals so much.  $$$ talk...people walk.  Some people need to be more careful what they expose in public ('foot in mouth disease' can be an awful thing...for some there is no cure...).  Some things could prove to be very damaging for both their own reputations and VFKs.  Yet fame and popularity are sometimes too much for us humans to resist, no?  "Humans are so predictable".  Some are, yes.  Very.  Wonder how much info in that book will be gleaned from the posts of others in the area of the 'net that the person in the thread topic inhabits?  Just some food for thought...for those of us who are allowed to think on our own and speak freely.

Fun:  you get a huge Flame hug from me for that post.  :bighug:  Couldn't have said it better myself.  You rock, girl ;)

Filament:  we haven't met yet, but man you crack me up!  We simply MUST meet sometime!  :wavet:

King:   ROFL...you never disappoint ;)  I exalt thee, oh King.  May thy gas be longer lasting and more potent!  :lolg:

Flamanar...the smitten...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:56 AM by flamanar »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 01:13 PM »

Be warned.  I don't know who you are, but I will smite you!!!!!   :roflmao:

Smite me , gnome.he, smite me!  :spank4: I can take anything after 14 years of King's gas!  :sur:

Hmmmmmmmm.  Sounds like you might like that just a little tooooooo much.  But okay, here you go.

:spank4: :spank4: :spank4: :spank4: :spank4:

Oh and a little of this too.

:paddle: :paddle: :paddle: :paddle: :paddle:

or how about some of this?

:spank5: :spank5: :spank5: :spank5: :spank5:

But, most certainly none of this.

:gas7:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Filament:  we haven't met yet, but man you crack me up!  We simply MUST meet sometime!  :wavet:

:laugh2:

Careful what you wish for.  It has been know to cause  :drunk:  and  >:D

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 03:41 PM »

:laugh2:

Careful what you wish for.  It has been know to cause  :drunk:  and  >:D

ROFL!   :laugh2: Count me in ;)

Flamanar  :tan:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04 AM »

Oh fine Gnome.he!  I go to Six Flags for the day, and come back and you are already "invisibly" smite.in me!   ;)

Where is my stick? .... Oh, there it is!   :ls:    :spank4:

You scary little gnome you, the girls and I shall be afraid ... very afraid.   :lolg:   :hmm:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30 AM »

Karma Kome Home!  I  just started to get revenge on :idea: :gns: for loving me with a little smite or two every day for a few months when karma went kaput.  As for his :rum: assistant... :tongue3:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35 AM »

Karma Kome Home!  I  just started to get revenge on :idea: :gns: for loving me with a little smite or two every day for a few months when karma went kaput.  As for his :rum: assistant... :tongue3:

LMAO!!   :rofl1:    I forgot about that!    :roflmao:    GG Happy girl! 
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up