VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/21/2009 Celebrity Lookalike Competition  (Read 4204 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
7/21/2009 Celebrity Lookalike Competition
« on: July 20, 2009, 11:40 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog  http://blog.smallworlds.com/2009/07/21/celebrity-lookalike-competition/ Will post photos tomorrow.

Celebrity Lookalike Competition

July 21st, 2009 by SmallWorlds Chronicle

Greetings all SmallWorlds Citizens. Isn’t it just amazing when you see someone who is a ‘dead ringer’ for someone famous? I always do a double take. Only the other day I was wandering around Thermae Spa, taking a little relaxing time out from my busy reporting schedule and I could have sworn I saw my personal hero himself! My heart raced a little, but I quickly realized that it was simply wishful thinking.

I had the idea of creating an avatar who looked as much like Mr Cronkite as I could make it – I could sneak up on Honesty and give her a real thrill! Thanks to the powerful avatar creator here at SmallWorlds, it’s easy for anyone to create a celebrity lookalike.

[A sad aside: Just as I had finished writing this report late last week I learned of the death of Mr Walter Cronkite. He passed away on the 17th July 2009 and leaves very large shoes to fill within the world of news reporters. He will be deeply missed. Creating an avatar in his likeness suddenly took on a much deeper significance for me. Rest in peace Mr Cronkite, you will continue to be my greatest inspiration.]

Who do YOU want to look like?

Announcing the SmallWorlds Celebrity Lookalike Competition! To give you an example of how this competition will work, I’ve created a sample entry for you below to show you what we’re looking for.

Could it be true? I felt that perhaps I could see a small natural likeness between Walter as a younger man and I, one that I had not noticed before! I have to confess that a small tear formed in the corner of my eye once I had finished.

Once again, I’ve been given the great honor of being the competition judge - I am very much looking forward to seeing your entries! As with our previous competition, there’s a lot of fun to be had, and some great prizes up for grabs: 5000 Gold for the winner and two runner up prizes of 2500 Gold!

To keep the playing field fair for our very international population, we’ve made it a condition of entry to include a photo of the celebrity you’ve chosen.

This means that if I’ve never heard of the celebrity you have picked, I have a photo to refer to!

So who will you choose?
Someone from TV? A movie star? The lead singer in your favorite band? A famous journalist?

There are so many to choose from!
How to Enter

· 1 – Select a photo of a real-life celebrity (by this we mean a real live human being!). We’ll be judging your entry against the celebrity photo you choose. Keep a copy of the celebrity photo you use, you’ll need it for your entry.
· 2 – Go to avatar central and create a new avatar in the likeness of your chosen real-life celebrity photo. You may want to save the new avatar you create so you can come along to the competition Special Event (details below!)

· 3 - Take a picture of your celebrity look-alike avatar when you’ve finished.
· 4 - Submit the TWO photos together onto THIS FORUM THREAD only, before 11.59pm, Sunday 26th July SWT/ EST. For instructions on adding an image to a forum thread, please read to the end of this article. Note that we need your avatar photo and the real-life celebrity photo, within the same forum thread entry in order for your competition entry to be valid.

Entry Conditions

· Only one entry per person / SmallWorlds account
· The competition closes at 11.59pm SWT (EST) Sunday 26th July. Only entries with two photos (one of your avatar, and one of the real-life celebrity) submitted via the forum thread given above will be eligible for judging.
· The avatar shot (paired with the celebrity photo) which appears within the body of your forum post is the one which will be considered to be your entry into the competition, and not the face which appears at left of your forum post.
· The competition will be judged by Kent Kronkite, whose decision will be final. The winner will be awarded 5000 gold, with two runner up prizes of 2500 gold.
· Winners will be announced in a SmallWorlds Chronicle article.
‘Celebrity Central’ Post-Competition Event!

So don’t wait a moment longer, Citizens! Go forth and start working on looking like someone famous!

Once I’ve completed the difficult task of judging all entries, we’ll be holding a special ‘Celebrity Central’ event where you can all come along as your celebrity selves! I’ll make sure to come along as myself so you can all recognize me. It will be such fun trying to identify who’s who!

I’ll look forward to reporting on the competition winners next week. I’ll also give you the date, time and location of the ‘Celebrity Central’ event.
In honor of a great man, Mr Walter Cronkite – he’ll always be my favorite celebrity.

~ Kent Kronkite

The Legal Stuff

The Competition is open to SmallWorlds standard and VIP Club members 13 years of age or older. Employees of Outsmart 2005 Limited and its helpers, moderators, officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, or production agencies, and their respective dependents, immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household, are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.

The Judged Prize - “Top Celebrity Lookalike” - is based upon the sole and exclusive discretion of the SmallWorlds Competition Judge. All submissions are carefully reviewed before determining the prize winners. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize winners will be chosen and notified on or about Tuesday 28th July 2009.

How to take a photo of your Avatar and include it in a forum thread:

1 – Once you have created your lookalike, take a screen shot of your avatar. Do not use the SmallWorlds camera function to do this. You can use any screen capture software you have, or simply press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (this saves the screen into memory, so you won’t see anything happening when you press it).

2 - Open an image editing program (you can use Paint). Paste the image in by clicking on the Edit menu and choosing Paste.

3 - Crop your image down to size. We only need to see your avatar and not the background. If you are using Paint to edit the image, draw a rectangle around your avatar with the default selection tool and then click on the Image menu and choose Crop.

4 - If you know how, you can paste the photo of your celebrity next to the picture of your avatar and save the two pictures as a single image. If you don’t know how, don’t worry - you can upload two separate images into the forum thread.

4 - Save your image as a .JPG file into a directory on your PC.

5 - Upload the image to a photo sharing site such as Flickr, Photobucket,TinyPic, or ImageHosting. Copy the URL of the individual photo.

6 - Go to the competition entry forum thread. Post a reply. Let us know the name of the celebrity you’ve chosen. Click on the ‘Add Image’ icon. Paste in the URL of the image from your photo sharing account.

7 - Repeat steps 5 and 6 for your celebrity photo. Make sure you upload your celebrity photo into the same forum post as your avatar picture.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:38 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up