Online Worlds > VFK - Virtual Family Kingdom

Forced single-player mode is...BACK!! (new instructions in first post)

(1/3) > >>

flamanar:
UPDATE 10/19:  Forced single-player mode is back!  HUGE thanks to Vintage for filling me in!  The procedure is similar to the way we used to do it.  Here ya go:

Open 2 tabs on your browser.  I'll name them tab 1 and tab 2 from left to right.

Log onto VFK using tab 1

Once you are logged in on tab 1, switch to tab 2 and copy/paste the following address:  http://www6.virtualfamilykingdom.com/game/

Once you have gone to the above address on tab 2, you should see VFK loading (doing the above will NOT cause VFK to ask you to re-sign in again)

Switch back to tab 1.  You will eventually see a box showing that the player on tab 1 has DCed and it asks if you want to connect.  DO NOT CLICK CONNECT!  You want to hit the black 'x' in the upper right of this 'connection' box to close that box.

The player logged in on tab 1 is now in single player mode, and tab 2 can be closed.  It's a wonderful thing....again ;)  

To make things easier, make sure to bookmark that address you need to copy/paste above.  Saves time :)

Please be aware, though, that while in single-player mode, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE IN-GAME BLASTS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an FYI for everyone:  'forced single-player mode' is hosed.  Doesn't work.

No access to inventory.  No access to closet.  No access to lanyard (so can't turn into fairy).  Scavenger hunt items do not appear.

This is VERY bad news for those who rely on single-mode to do scavenger hunts, make videos without unwanted spectators in the video, etc.

I've sent a help report.  No response.  It's been going on for over a week now.  I really hope they get it fixed real soon... :sur:

Flamanar

Purpleduck:
That so truly sucks! :td:

funfly:

--- Quote from: Purpleduck on July 15, 2009, 12:44 PM ---That so truly sucks! :td:

--- End quote ---
It does!  :bm: :td:

Astro:
I think (?) this has been going on for at least over a week now.  Not that I like it either ... but not sure of how much of an actual bug, or permanent change to the game it might be?

I remember when Fun told us about it here below:    I did also notice at that time we are no longer able to view messages that might be sent to us.  We used to be able to view all new incoming messages, if in single-player mode.   So add that to the list of not able to do either.  Boo.    :td:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=5001.0;p=11

flamanar:
Ugh.  It could have been happening for a while now.  I know that it worked during the last scavenger hunt...so between then and now is a safe time period for forced single-mode to have stopped working.  I'm really hoping it's a bug...and not intentional... :uhuh:

Flamanar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version