VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK releasing unfinished items?  (Read 8935 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
VFK releasing unfinished items?
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:51 AM »

I've seen a couple items lately that have changed since they were first awarded:

The Gold cat
The Flag Ceiling Swirl

The cat was shiny gold for the first day.  The next day it was...well...not shiny.  They obviously changed it to the way it was supposed to look when it was first given out.  Bummer because I loved it the first way and dislike it the second way!

Now, the Flag Ceiling Swirl from last Sundays quest has an incredibly long gold cord with a tassle on the bottom hanging from it!  What I thought was an excellent new idea and held significant potential for future ceiling items...is now an ugly thing that hangs down to the floor and that I'm going to take out of my room!  No doubt, the tassle and cord are a 'bubble gum and duck tape' fix for people losing the flag in their ceilings...and having to ask staff to get it back for them.  Not sure why VFK doesn't choose to fix things properly.  I mean, make it so that the flags can only be places up to a certain height...and not be allowed to stray up above the VFK screen and be lost.  Another example of 'bubble gum and duck tape' fixing is the mazes.  Instead of fixing the problem of WHY people can get in between the blocks to 'shortcut' the maze, they stack a bunch of walls together from left to right all along the bottom of the maze to prevent it instead!  I don't get it.

Whatever. 

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: VFK releasing unfinished items?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27 PM »

omg!  I didn't even notice about the flag until you said something!  I had the flag in a different room, and hadn't been back in there since Sunday. 

I don't like the changes either, with the Cat or Ceiling Flag!  That tassel thing is so ugly!!   :uhuh2:  And, it appears to me that the flag is a lot smaller than when it was first released too?  Maybe it's just me, but I remember the flag being a lot bigger it seemed.

Nice catch Flame! 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:03 PM »

Reading this I know I would have found back my flag   :rofl1:

bet I was not the only one with a lost flag.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:08 PM by {a...z}*K{a...z}* »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36 PM »

I can see why they added the rope for the flag with so many lost ones; but you're right-allowing the flag part to only go so high would have been better.

The gold cat was prettier before too - no idea why that was changed, not like the cat jumped higher than the flags.

Flame, your bubble gum and duck tape remark makes me think of a trip by myself in a remote area where light kept coming off and on with each bump ....all I had to cover it was some plain paper and some bubble gum I had..... my little lightbulb in me brain went into gear  :idea: - took a few days to get that gum off though...  :lolg: :notme:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:40 PM by funfly »

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:01 PM »

Actually.... if you lose your flag too high, why can't you just go to Room Items and retrieve it that way?  Or is that a Member Special only item?  If it IS a Member Special only, perhaps they need to rethink that.  I would love more ceiling adornments...

I think that rope/tassel thing distracts from it.  Ugly.

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:15 PM »

Omg, I love your remarks Flamanar.  Yes, the cat looked GOLD without the bumps. Now it just looks fluffy gold. 
The Flag another issue indeed.  I sure hope this is a TEMPORARY fix.
I would go for a short cord on a ceiling fan!!!
I would love a lot of ceiling items but not at the cost of having lots of ropes hanging from them.
Can you imagine a room with dozens of ropes dangling? (someone clever insert photo here:)

What will they do next?   :type:

Oh Fun, That reminds me of when my parking permit kept falling off my rear view mirror so I used the extra sticky paper from around my stamp book stamps to tape it tightly. Necessity is mother the of invention. :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 04:04 PM »

Actually.... if you lose your flag too high, why can't you just go to Room Items and retrieve it that way?  Or is that a Member Special only item?  If it IS a Member Special only, perhaps they need to rethink that.  I would love more ceiling adornments...

I think that rope/tassel thing distracts from it.  Ugly.

Pink:  That's a Members Only thing.  Not everyone gets that option to list items or people in the room.  I agree that everyone should at least have the option to 'list items'.  Not only would it allow the cords to be taken away from hanging objects, it would take a big headache off VFK's hands, freeing up staff to do other things...rather than spending the night looking in the 'rafters' for peoples missing items.

Fun:  I remember my old Chevy Nova having a problem with either the gas or brake pedal coming loose.  One night it fell off while I was driving and I coasted into a Buick car dealership.  They thought I was gonna buy a car.  I really only wanted a roll of their scotch tape so I could get home!   :lolp:

Panda:  ty :)  I think the gold items that aren't shiny look like they've gone through a factory that 'flocks' Christmas trees.  :lolg:  Just doesn't look 'gold' to me. ;)  

I had visions of VFK coming out with strings of lights...like hanging tiki light strings for the beach room, hanging party lights for the outdoor room, strings of Christmas lights for the holidays, etc.  With the cord hanging down, looks like those options are out...except like you said:  for a ceiling fan!   :laugh2:

I'm thinking that with a hundred or so flags, you could make a nice vertical privacy screen with all the cords hanging down ;)

Flamanar...no, I'm not gonna try it...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:06 PM by flamanar »

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 04:26 PM »

Actually.... if you lose your flag too high, why can't you just go to Room Items and retrieve it that way?  Or is that a Member Special only item?  If it IS a Member Special only, perhaps they need to rethink that.  I would love more ceiling adornments...

Yes it is a member only benefit. And it is really a silly thing to be member only. I mean, really, how could the fact you can list the items in your room be such a great difference that they will only allow paid members to do it. Unless it is because the coding that allows it is tied in with the furniture permission thing, which is one of the things they use to sell that you can have a 'family room'.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 04:39 PM »

Yes it is a member only benefit. And it is really a silly thing to be member only. I mean, really, how could the fact you can list the items in your room be such a great difference that they will only allow paid members to do it. Unless it is because the coding that allows it is tied in with the furniture permission thing, which is one of the things they use to sell that you can have a 'family room'.

Hmmm....might be part of the coding.  Impossible to say with any remote kind of certainty, though.

If you think about it:  someone (not a member) loses something in their room.  Their only option is to......hit the 'HALP' button!  Staff is only making WAY more work for themselves by not giving that one feature to all players.  JMHO as always ;)

Flamanar...they need to spell it 'halp'... :crazy:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 06:46 PM »

I liked the flags better without the long thing hanging from it ....I guess we just need Tarzan now to swing from flag to flag!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 10:38 PM »

I liked the flags better without the long thing hanging from it ....I guess we just need Tarzan now to swing from flag to flag!

ROFL.  You crazy!  :roflmao: :rofl1:

Flamanar

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 06:59 AM »

Oooooh!

I'll take one Tarzan please!   :notme:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 11:15 AM »

The Rope is gone from the Flag ceiling thing!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31 AM »

The Rope is gone from the Flag ceiling thing!
WHOA!  Are you serious? That makes me SO happy!

I have a DR appt., so can't check right now, but look forward to putting my flag back up when I get back!

Thanks Pix!

(hugs)

Flamanar

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 11:39 AM »

I could have used a rope on my barbeqeue that fell off my balcony and was lost forever.
and that Tarzan is very fine!!

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 11:40 AM »

Yes they are gone. I like them better without the rope!

Another thing could be that Fish.i 's Tarzan loved the ropes so much, he stole them! :lolp:
ScarlettPixie

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 11:48 AM »

I am glad it turned out to be a temporary fix.
Hugs all :)

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 01:19 PM »

I am glad it turned out to be a temporary fix.
Hugs all :)
Playing with the flag to test it, I've lost it again  :doh: :shy:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:20 PM by {a...z}*K{a...z}* »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:12 PM »

Do you have the item list feature? If so, just store it back in inventory. If not, try clicking around the area you think you lost it. No flag after these two tries-- get staff. GL!
ScarlettPixie

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 02:29 PM »

Do you have the item list feature? If so, just store it back in inventory. If not, try clicking around the area you think you lost it. No flag after these two tries-- get staff. GL!

I am not paying for the game but I've tested with my boy character, hopefully, so it is not so bad. But I am pretty sure I wont be the only one doing the same thing, they should fix something  :P
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up