VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks and a little help needed...  (Read 15076 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Thanks and a little help needed...
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:41 PM »

Hey everyone! Princess here. Actually King typing and Princess dictating. First of all hugs and thanks friends for keeping things up to date with posts and pictures on the VFK Boards over the past few days. As many of you know, Astro is on vacation and delicious has had a death in the family. Many of you also know I have been having a rough couple of weeks. My adrenal function is not good and has been causing lots of pain and fatigue. It is also the reason I have been dehydrated so often lately. We are starting a regimen of Vitamin C and water. (both are used up when the adrenal glands are not working properly) We have also had some things come up this week which have kept King extra busy. Our front porch needs to be completely demolished and rebuilt. We have been blessed with friends from church who came together and formed a team to do this for us. They start the demo tomorrow and hope to be finished by next weekend. All of this with me pretty much stuck in bed with lots of pain and King working and helping with the porch team. We will not be around much through this weekend and hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping up around here. King and the kids are going to try to quest and hunt as best they can, so no worries there. Hugs and just keep us in your prayers. The blessing with our porch has been a huge answer to prayer for us already and hopefully that stresser being gone will help my adrenal fatigue. Any less stress is two steps forward for me. Hugs and Thanks!  :hug: :bighug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
Re: Thanks and a little help needed...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:53 PM »

Aww. Hugs to both of you! I hope you you start feeling better soon Princess, and feel free to let me know if you need any items that you weren't able to get.  :hug:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12 PM »

Sending lots of positive healing energy your way, Princess!!!  :hug:

Maybe this will help to relieve your stress about the porch - keep envisioning a spectacularly beautiful new porch that will bring you and your family joy each time you walk to it!   :thumb:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:42 PM »

Aww Wendy :(  Super heavy-duty thoughts and prayers from the Flame family (bigger than the normal big ones :) ).  Hoping and praying for that nasty pain to go away and for you to feel better!

So glad your church is coming together to help you with that!  How awesome is that!

Hang in there, and tell King we'll be expecting a huge 'gassing' when you guys can make it back on :)  We'll try to hold the fort down here. lol :)

(huge massive Flame hugs for Wendy and family)

Flamanar...didn't know Astro was on vacation...-thinks "I'm so out of touch..."-... :??:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 04:33 AM »

As I said in our PM, Princess, you just worry about you and the family.

I used to mod VFK.  But it started getting bigger, and so I began asking a very VFK active person, Wendy, to take my place as mod.  She has always shown great interest in VFK, and I had to work on her for a while, but Decoy and I were very happy when she finally gave in, and agreed.

Then of course, Wendy, like any of us, had some real life issues, and I would come back to cover.  But it got too big again.  So Decoy and I asked Astro and Red to join in, which they did and all three of these ladies have been very busy, and very efficient covering that position.  However, Astro is on vacation and well, sadly, Red is understandably not able to be here for a while.

Now all three are dealing with real life at the same time.  So... I am back again to mod, and would appreciate any help until our mods are able to return.

Any of you that would like to help out until they are able to come back, here is what I would be most grateful for by way of helping:

- members to post spoilers for quests, scavenger hunts, if none are posted yet.
- starting threads about anything new.. and if the thread should have pics, but you aren't able to do that.. please PM me with link or title of thread and I will get the pics.

You all are already good at posting these things, and I am grateful we have such a fine membership that helps each other  :2thunbs:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41 AM »

Hugs Wendy and King and Kids.  :bighug: :hug:  Concentrate on resting and feeling better. Prayers sent your way.

It is a blessing for families, churches and friends that help each other in times needed.  :thumb:

If King or the kids miss a scavenger hunt or quest, let us know. I'll do a few extras for those just in case.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:03 PM by funfly »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:45 AM »

Many many hugs and well wishes to Princess. Feel better soon as the game is not the same without you! Plus, I even miss the gas.... :rofl1:

If you need any help whatsoever, please let me know.  :hug:

Woot on the new porch! I love churches like that!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 06:32 AM »

and tell King we'll be expecting a huge 'gassing' when you guys can make it back on :) 

No no no!!!  Oh please no!  Ignore what Flame says!!  :)

So sorry to hear your news, Princess.  Hate to think of you in bed in pain.  :(  I will be praying for you during this time.  Hope you feel well enough to enjoy that new front porch of yours! 

Please let me know if you need anything in game and I will try my best.

Hugs girl!
Pink

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 06:35 AM »

Now all three are dealing with real life at the same time.  So... I am back again to mod, and would appreciate any help until our mods are able to return.

Any of you that would like to help out until they are able to come back, here is what I would be most grateful for by way of helping:

- starting threads about anything new.. and if the thread should have pics, but you aren't able to do that.. please PM me with link or title of thread and I will get the pics.

You all are already good at posting these things, and I am grateful we have such a fine membership that helps each other  :2thunbs:

Duckie, I would love to help out as best I can.  Not that great at doing hunts/quests right now with my computer problems, but I'll give it the best shot I can.  And will keep my eye out for new stuff to post.  :)

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 07:30 AM »

Princess, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. My prayers are with you.  But, I am so glad you are getting your porch done, I know that is a big relief.  I will try to get everything caught up on the board, but you know I am slower then Astro lol :roflmao:  If you need anything let me know.
HUGS :hug:

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 07:35 AM »

Oh Princess I am so sorry to here you are still struggling. I can really understand alot of what you are going through. I just pray that you will be healed really soon, and be able to get around with out so much pain. :( It sure takes alot out of you I know. Hugs.

I can work on making sure there are extra for your family if they miss the hunts. I have quite a collection going. since I never trade they just gather dust rofl.

Big Big hugs.

Duck I will try to help out more. But the whole mod thing scares me rofl. So I will just make sure I put my stuff in the right spots :) less work then :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49 AM »

sending lots of prayers and hugs to you from me & princess!  :hug:
We will be thinking of you , King and the kids and can also chip in if they miss getting anything at anytime ok?
Get the rest you need and soon you will be up ready to enjoy that new porch!  :2thunbs:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00 AM »

Duck I will try to help out more. But the whole mod thing scares me rofl. So I will just make sure I put my stuff in the right spots :) less work then :)

Belle, this is nothing to do with the "mod thing", four should be enough here.  Just happens they are all involved with real life for a bit.  This is just asking members to be themselves, if you find something new, post it please.  Or post spoilers if you have them.

I will help cover the "mod thing" 'til the others get back.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 08:04 AM »

I will try to get everything caught up on the board,
HUGS :hug:

Red, if you need more time for real life, please don't worry about the forum.  I said I would help with the mod work until you all were able to come back.  We will get it done, and with the help of our members/friends!  :hug:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 08:32 AM »

Wendy, hugs to you and to all your family. I'ld be there with my hammer, if I was just a tad closer in location. Instead, just virtual hugs!!  :bighug:
-PotOfGoldWench

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 09:32 AM »

Hugs and prayers to you all.
I just pray that that nice sunny front porch and a comfy lounge out there will help you feel bettter soon.

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 10:58 AM »

Hugs Princess!   :bighug:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 04:24 PM »

Hugs to you Princess--hope you feel better soon!

And woot for the front porch! 
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 05:02 PM »

:hug: hugs and prayers being sent your way!  :)
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03 PM »

I hope that you had a restful weekend Princess and that you're feeling better.  It is wonderful how your community is helping with the porch.  Hopefully soon you can sit out and enjoy it, while playing VFK on your laptop of course ;).  It is also wonderful how this NoBS community is so great at helping out each other as witnessed over and over again.  You are all an amazing bunch.   :2thunbs:
BIG hugs to you, King, and the kids.   :hug:
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 03:37 PM »

Big Hugs my dear friends.  Princess I hope you are pain free soon.
If you miss getting anything let me know.
XOXOXO,
Panda

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 01:01 PM »

Awww Hugs Dear Princess.   :hug:   Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope you are feeling much better soon!!  Please take care, and rest a bunch.  Don't worry, and remember to keep that stress at a minimum!  How very wonderful to have help with a new porch!!  It will be beautiful, and for sure enjoyed once it's finished.

If I can help you and the family out with any VFK items from today on out, please don't hesitate to let me know.   ;)

Biggest Hugs!   :hug:    :bighug:

Flamanar...didn't know Astro was on vacation...-thinks "I'm so out of touch..."-... :??:

I think only a few knew.   ;)   Nope, you're not out of touch...I just neglected to post that I would be away this time.  I usually do, but ran out of time this trip!  I think the last time I signed on to NoBS was 6/2.  Yikes!!

You all are already good at posting these things, and I am grateful we have such a fine membership that helps each other  :2thunbs:

Thank you so much again to Ducky, and everyone for helping out!  Very much appreciated!   :hug:    :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 09:12 PM »

Just wanted to update everybody - I'm sure some of you noticed Princess and I haven't been around lately.

The porch is coming along great although we did hit a few snags this week (cough - anal building inspector - cough), but it looks like by next weekend it will be finished.  :dle:

Princess was starting to feel better, but now she's picked up a really bad cold/flu.  :cry:  (screeching brake sound).  So it will be a few days at least until she's back in any decent shape.

Don't expect to see us this week too much - can't wait to be back in touch with y'all soon.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11 PM »

Just wanted to update everybody - I'm sure some of you noticed Princess and I haven't been around lately.

The porch is coming along great although we did hit a few snags this week (cough - anal building inspector - cough), but it looks like by next weekend it will be finished.  :dle:

Princess was starting to feel better, but now she's picked up a really bad cold/flu.  :cry:  (screeching brake sound).  So it will be a few days at least until she's back in any decent shape.

Don't expect to see us this week too much - can't wait to be back in touch with y'all soon.

Glad to hear the porch is coming along.  Bummer to hear about Princess.  Goodness. :( Adding more thoughts and prayers for you guys.  Can't wait to see you both again.

(hugs)

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 09:30 AM »

Thanks for the update King.  Sending more well wishes to Princess.  Keep resting!   Wonderful news on the porch though.  Hang in there!  Hugs to you all!   :hug:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 12:55 PM »

Sending many hugs and well wishes to Princess!

Yay for the porch! Hope it is completed "soon".

We miss you both tremendously! Cannot wait to see you both in game!

:hug:
ScarlettPixie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 02:02 PM »

Thanks for the update King, drat those *cough* type *cough* of building inspectors  :bm:

But you'll have a wonderful porch once completed I'm sure

Hugs and prayers to you both and get well wishes for Wendy!

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 04:34 PM »

Thanks for the update King. I'm glad to hear that the porch will be done soon.

Sending much more well wishes to Princess. Rest well and I look forward to seeing you two back soon!  :hug:

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 07:13 PM »

Oh NO! Sorry to hear princess now has a cold! Sending prayers and germ free hugs!

I had sent a message to princess on here explaining our trip to Cinci this week. We may be going to Kings Island
in July too. Just take care of princess and get that porch done!

SweetasaDaisy

• Deet as a Swaisy
    It's the law, or it will be
  • Diabolical Trivia Diva
  • Inferno Magic
  • Just a Crazy Daisy
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 07:43 PM »

Hugs Princess and King.  Get well soon Princess. 

I'll keep the grog cold for your return  :drinkingtoast2:

Check Out Daisy's Daily Disney Diabolical Trivia: http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?board=64.0

(Do you actually say I'm a wench?)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 08:50 PM »

That's great news on the construction forefront, King!  I'm sure the porch is looking pretty terrific at this point.  Please send my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Princess!!  We miss all of you!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12 AM »

Hey King and Wendy!

Just adding in my batch of hugs  :hug:     and get well wishes  :balloons:   to you guys!  We miss you guys, and.....dare I say  ;)  we even miss Kings Gas attacks!  It's just not the same VFK without that familiar green cloud!!  Rest up so you can enjoy that new porch of your when it is done!

((HUGS))

.it     :coffee3:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11 PM »

Hugs to everyone!  :hug: :bighug: We have missed everyone so much. I am starting to feel better, but still need lots of rest and have some follow up tests and doctor visits in the next 2 weeks. The kids are with grandma to give me a chance to get some extra rest, so that has been nice for the kids. We are so blessed to have 2 great kids who are actually more of a help when I am not well. but, it is less worry for me to rest and know they are having some fun grandma time.

Our porch is also now completely built - it is beautiful! We have to wait for a few weeks to paint - the treated lumber needs to dry out. So, in a few weeks we have lots of friends/volunteers coming over for a "painting party". King will try to post some pics by the end of the week. We are going to be around more than we have, but I still have to take it slow. I am exhausted tonight just from "gnome hunting" and trying to catch up here on NoBS. Hope to slowly get back in the saddle - we sure miss everyone. Hugs and thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.  :bighug: :hug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 07:35 PM »

Hugs to everyone!  :hug: :bighug: We have missed everyone so much. I am starting to feel better, but still need lots of rest and have some follow up tests and doctor visits in the next 2 weeks. The kids are with grandma to give me a chance to get some extra rest, so that has been nice for the kids. We are so blessed to have 2 great kids who are actually more of a help when I am not well. but, it is less worry for me to rest and know they are having some fun grandma time.

Our porch is also now completely built - it is beautiful! We have to wait for a few weeks to paint - the treated lumber needs to dry out. So, in a few weeks we have lots of friends/volunteers coming over for a "painting party". King will try to post some pics by the end of the week. We are going to be around more than we have, but I still have to take it slow. I am exhausted tonight just from "gnome hunting" and trying to catch up here on NoBS. Hope to slowly get back in the saddle - we sure miss everyone. Hugs and thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.  :bighug: :hug:

Aww.  No rushing yourself.  Take it slow and easy and rest and get better.  :)  We'll hold down the fort ;)

Follow Dr.s orders.  Awesome that the porch is finished!  Can't wait to see the pics :)

(hugs) and continued thoughts and prayers from the Flame family.

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10 PM »

Aww.  No rushing yourself.  Take it slow and easy and rest and get better.  :)  We'll hold down the fort ;)

Follow Dr.s orders.  Awesome that the porch is finished!  Can't wait to see the pics :)

(hugs) and continued thoughts and prayers from the Flame family.

Flamanar

Yep, what Flame said -- rest and no worries,

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 10:14 PM »

I agree with Fun and Flame, Princess.  Take your time getting better.  Your good health is the #1 priority right now!  BTW, thank goodness for Grandparents!!!  :thumb:

Hugs!  Disco

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 06:42 AM »

Welcome home Wendy! :hug:

We missed you alot! So good to see that you are feeling better.

(hides the rum back into to NOBS closet)

Yup! Woot, Wendy and King are back!
ScarlettPixie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20 PM »

Welcome home Wendy! :hug:

We missed you alot! So good to see that you are feeling better.

(hides the rum back into to NOBS closet)

Yup! Woot, Wendy and King are back!

Pix, there was rum left???

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 01:26 PM »

um... um..... :notme:
ScarlettPixie

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 02:27 PM »

Hugs Princess and Family!   :hug:   Good to see you online, take it easy and take care.  Great news that your porch is done too! 

Pink

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20 PM »

Yay Princess!!  So glad to see you back!   :hug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15 PM »

um... um..... :notme:

Yup.  Now we know why the rum is always gone... :uhuh:

Flamanar

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 06:52 PM »

BIG hugs Princess.  I am so happy to hear you are having some quiet time and are feeling better.   Best wishes and prayers that things continue to improve.  :grouphug:
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up