VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank God for the IGNORE BUTTON!  (Read 8937 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Thank God for the IGNORE BUTTON!
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:33 PM »

Ya know...some people really need a life. 

Apparently there are those that see everyone who doesn't think like they do...or kiss up to them...as the 'enemy', and take everything everyone says literally. :td:

I made a joke on the Space Pirate ship, and someone (who shall remain nameless...for now) proceeded to comment that "wow...Space Age just opened and people are ALREADY complaining".  I had told someone where the Space store was, and for them to bring their wallet and charge card (not because things were expensive...but because there was SO MUCH to buy).  Um...excuse me, 'SIR', but I was JOKING! :uhuh2:

This person goes on to boast about how many millions of credits they have...which is why they have no NEED for charge cards...blah blah blah.  Last night, this same person was boasting that they had the fastest computer...and went on to spew the specs of their machine...while nobody really listened. :hmm:

It's really sad and pathetic that there are 'adults' that choose to be braggarts and boasters whenever possible...and to belittle kids and adults whenever opportunity allows...in the hopes of making themselves look better than everyone else.  Those people will learn a very hard lesson one day.  Life isn't about how much you have...how you rank against other people...and you can't take it with you.

What was that I read not long ago?  Ah, yes:  "Pride cometh before a fall."  Wise words...and words that should be heeded.

I'm not a wealthy person...in fact, my family doesn't have many worldly possessions.  I can't afford to buy a million VFK memberships...nor do I have the desire to do so.  I don't feel that I'm missing anything by NOT being able to buy unlimited memberships...or have millions of credits.  I'm happy and comfortable with where I am and what I am.  I am grateful for what I have been blessed with in life.  I love my family and appreciate the REAL friends I have...both virtual and real.  Life isn't about how much more you have than everyone else.  :hmm: Puhlease...  Save that crap for someone else who doesn't have a life. :td:

Thank you, VFK...from the bottom of my heart...for giving us the blessing of an IGNORE BUTTON. :clapping:

Flamanar.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:27 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: Thank God for the IGNORE BUTTON!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:46 PM »

The thing is, what does the ignore button do? Just not show person's chat? or... make you avoid that person around the Kingdom?
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:53 PM »

The thing is, what does the ignore button do? Just not show person's chat? or... make you avoid that person around the Kingdom?

From what I've heard, it makes their chat not visible to you.  Haven't used it on myself, yet ;)

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57 PM »

Well said Flame.  I would not have taken the "charge card and wallet" as a complaint. nope nope; there is sooo much to buy there.  If I had been there, I probably woulda been in trouble by now   ;)  

I wasn't there but sorry you had to deal with that.  :bighug:

A week ago or so I was at another *cough* for..cough...um; and saw something posted that just made my blood boil - (which isn't often)  Thanks to two someones else here I was able to "vent to" and calmed me down so I didn't post a reply.  

Perhaps I'll check Ignore button with some spare made just for that purpose.... -makes note to check later -

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10 PM »

Well said Flame.  I would not have taken the "charge card and wallet" as a complaint. nope nope; there is sooo much to buy there.  If I had been there, I probably woulda been in trouble by now   ;) 

I wasn't there but sorry you had to deal with that.  :bighug:

A week ago or so I was at another *cough* for..cough...um; and saw something posted that just made my blood boil - (which isn't often)  Thanks to two someones else here I was able to "vent to" and calmed me down so I didn't post a reply. 

Perhaps I'll check Ignore button with some spare made just for that purpose.... -makes note to check later -
Thanks for the hug, Fun.

Sadly, people are easily bought.  Money talks...and in return, devotion and loyalty is given...and free thought is abandoned.

I heard about and read that post, Fun.  Disgusting and childish...from an 'adult', no less.  I'm glad you didn't come to me to help you calm down.  I was flaming (no pun intended...believe me) and sick to my stomach over it.  And did the forum staff step in to stop it?...no comment.  I don't get it... :uhuh2:  Feel bad for the poor kids.

Why do I still read there???  It's BECAUSE I care about the kids.  You'd think that would be obvious in all my old posts 'over there'.  How thick and blind can people be?  I guess it's summed up in my signature here.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:18 PM by flamanar »

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:34 PM »

Hugs, Flame!
Well..I WILL be bring both my purse and my charge card..from what I've seen there's lots of good stuff!
AND I plan to test out that IGNOR button if I see that knd of sad behavior.
Paws has been saving for just this occasion. --goes looking for something that will look good with my red flips!--

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Well said Flame.  I would not have taken the "charge card and wallet" as a complaint. nope nope; there is sooo much to buy there.  If I had been there, I probably woulda been in trouble by now   ;) 

I wasn't there but sorry you had to deal with that.  :bighug:

A week ago or so I was at another *cough* for..cough...um; and saw something posted that just made my blood boil - (which isn't often)  Thanks to two someones else here I was able to "vent to" and calmed me down so I didn't post a reply. 

Thanks for the hug, Fun.

Sadly, people are easily bought.  Money talks...and in return, devotion and loyalty is given...and free thought is abandoned.

I heard about and read that post, Fun.  Disgusting and childish...from an 'adult', no less.  I'm glad you didn't come to me to help you calm down.  I was flaming (no pun intended...believe me) and sick to my stomach over it.  And did the forum staff step in to stop it?...no comment.  I don't get it... :uhuh2:  Feel bad for the poor kids.

Why do I still read there???  It's BECAUSE I care about the kids.  You'd think that would be obvious in all my old posts 'over there'.  How thick and blind can people be?  I guess it's summed up in my signature here.

Flamanar

Yep, wasn't sure who saw that post and who didn't.  I too, was upset for the kids with that post.

But, boy, did I type a fired-up lecture.  Biggest hugs to those who talked me out of it for now.  :bighug:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 04:53 PM »

How could you Flame? Make a joke and try to have some fun with the new space age?   :uhuh: :lolg: I have seen this boasting you speak of in action and it is really disgusting. I am at this place now where it makes me simply sad for this person. Sad that someone is trying to fill up their life by buying affection and trying to fill a void they feel by trying so hard to "prove" their status to those around them. Our virtual world is really an extension of our lives and so there will always be people who are trying to have more and keep up with the Joneses - so to speak. We see it in the real world and we see it in our virtual playgrounds.

King and I have been through a lot in this life so far, as I know many of us have. There are stories I am sure everyone on these boards could tell and perhaps that is why we are all here together. The one thing God has shown us through it all, is that the things of this world will never bring us true happiness. Lots of material things, even the praise of men will leave us feeling empty. One of my favorite songs ever is by the group "Big Tent Revival", called "Two Sets of Joneses"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQE5PNRLZ40

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being blessed with wealth in this world. What a great way to be able to use what God has given you to bless so many others. Flame, you and the rest of our NoBS family are blessed with something worth more gold and VIP memberships than life could ever bring. You have a God, family, and friends who love you deeply. That, my friend, is the best "rare" you can have.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 04:54 PM »

Want me to pass some virtual gas near this person's avatar?  I remember the last time I did this it left him "speechless"   :rofl1:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 06:17 PM »

Princess, your words in your post above show us wisdom.  While I said previously about the other for.cough.um had post that upset me so much- that part is true, I was very upset and shaken by it. But, as you said above here, I too felt sad for the poster; I still do.  Life is strange, we can be upset and/or angry by the words/actions of the same person we feel sadness for. 

And:
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being blessed with wealth in this world. What a great way to be able to use what God has given you to bless so many others. Flame, you and the rest of our NoBS family are blessed with something worth more gold and VIP memberships than life could ever bring. You have a God, family, and friends who love you deeply. That, my friend, is the best "rare" you can have.

Absolutely agree..  :bighug:

King,
"Speechless" gas...hmmm  :rofl1:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 10:03 PM »

oh my!  I think I know who you speak of.  I pretty much take everything I see, read or virtually hear from this person with a grain of salt and roll my eyes.   ;)   Does not excuse the behavior at all either.

So sorry you had to deal with this Flame.  I think everyone here has said it all, and I agree!  :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 10:30 PM »

Sure was fun in game tonight though....that Alien Gas magic sure "cleared" the air.  :lolp:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 10:39 PM »

Lol Fun.  You're alot like me.  Type novels for responses...and sometimes never send them.  One night, a couple weeks ago, I felt the need to respond to someone who flamed me via PM (from another board...which I haven't participated on in a month or more. lol) at around 1 a.m.  I was up until around 4 a.m. typing a response...which I ended up never sending.  LOL.  I had alot to say...but in the end, knew that my words would fall on deaf ears.  I owe you alot Fun for prodding me over to NOBS.  I signed up awhile ago, but never participated until you dragged me on here. ;)  Thanks to you, dear Fun.

Wendy:  that video is amazing.  LOVED it!  No doubt:  true happiness does not come from worldly possessions or endless praise.  God has shown myself and .It alot in the past couple years.  We had taken alot for granted.  Never really appreciated the 'little things'.  God has a way of radically changing your perspective on life, no?  ;)  We ARE truly blessed :)

King:  ROFL.  My sides will hurt for a week.  LOL!

Flamanar...happy to be blessed :)

lisuhut

• When is a queue not a queue?
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:10 PM »

Hi
Some people are just mean and nasty ,just wish i knew who it was so i could gas and ignore also, i do i just go around doing it until i find the right one?

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 02:33 PM »

That's one of the reasons I left the game for the most part. The obvious rampant favoritism and behind the scenes shenanigans ruined that place for me. And it's not just with the people who bought numerous memberships. The stuff I know about is bad enough. I can't imagine what else is going on that I'm not currently aware of. I now go just to maintain it as a back up game until something better comes along. I won't put all my eggs in one basket with my primary game like I did with VMK.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 11:17 PM »

That's one of the reasons I left the game for the most part. The obvious rampant favoritism and behind the scenes shenanigans ruined that place for me. And it's not just with the people who bought numerous memberships. The stuff I know about is bad enough. I can't imagine what else is going on that I'm not currently aware of. I now go just to maintain it as a back up game until something better comes along. I won't put all my eggs in one basket with my primary game like I did with VMK.

Sadly, any game with human beings involved can and will have mistakes and misteps. I can not speak directly for Flame, but I think his reference above was not so much about in game Hosts and Staff, as about fellow players and adults who are on other VFK Sites. Correct me if I'm wrong, Flame. (which would not be something new  :lolg: )

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 11:00 AM »

Hi Horse!  Ltns :)

I was mainly speaking about what Wendy said in her clarification. (ty Wendy, btw :) )

I will say that I do detect a growing amount of favoritism in VFK.  The ironic thing is the 'direction' of the favoritism has changed from last year.  Now the people who cried 'favoritism' last year now appear to be gaining 'favoritism status' themselves?  My feeling is when you have a game like VFK that has staff in so frequent and close contact with its players, 'favoritism' is inevitable.  Human nature and all that.  I don't see anything wrong, though, with bringing such matters to their attention.  I imagine it's very easy to get carried away as a host/staff member.  And many of the kids REALLY like to hunt down staff very frequently.  I think that the frequent exposure of those ppl to staff either pushes staff away, or leads into a kind of 'friendship' or 'bond'.

On a more positive note, I have witnessed Vintage on the street at the closing parties go out of her way to welcome EVERYONE to the street.  Sadly, there are those...how do I put this mildy...'clingy people' who will virtually stand on top of the host as much as possible and try to monopolize the conversation.  All I can say is...sigh...kids...lol ;)

I will also say that I've seen some disturbing 'carrying on' between hosts and players lately.  It's my personal opinion (going by what I've seen, and some things that I've heard) that things are getting out of control a bit with a few players and hosts.  I'm hoping that staff will see it as well and reverse course.  VFK has always seemed to me to be willing to listen to their players.  Like my 7th grade English teacher once told me:  "If you don't speak up, you'll never be heard".

For me, I play the game to have fun, build, collect, and have fun meeting and talking to friends.  Favoritism upsets me when I see it...but it really doesn't hamper my 'virtual lifestyle'. 

I understand what you mean about putting all your eggs in one basket.  Lots of people got burnt by VMK.  I know lots of people that play both VFK and other games as well.  Nothing wrong with that :)

Nice to hear from you again, btw :)

Flamanar

Hi
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:04 AM by flamanar »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37 PM »

Well I do see the favorites, but in most cases It does not effect me. I am too busy doing scavenger hunts every night to care. But what I believe I saw last month really put a damper on me getting ever excited about VFK again. The spark left. Not sure I will ever really care again for this game.

Still no answer to my emails about my second membership.  This is my money and I am really not happy. I have never ever got an email back which does not bode well for me wanting to invest more money in them. For what I do in the game free is good enough.

I still play because I have friends in this game. I also know that everyone is human and the people who get to know hosts of course have a better bond. Maybe I would if I could ever find a host.

But I do feel like a second wheel when I find one and they are busy talking to a few players. I do appreciate Vintage saying hello to me when I manage to stay up to 12:35 am for closing. First time was wow she knows my title :)

So looking forward to no scavenger hunts so I can play lazer tag with friends. I do not have a lot of time when I get home to play before bed is calling. 

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 01:27 PM »

Reading some comments about favoritism, I am glad that game is not great enough for me to play it on a daily basis, I don't have to deal with all the drama from VMK :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:29 AM »

On a more positive note, I have witnessed Vintage on the street at the closing parties go out of her way to welcome EVERYONE to the street.  

Flamanar

I have witnessed this as well from Vintage.  I just think it's just great, and also a reminder that the small little things do matter, and for me - are the things I remember most.   :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41 AM »

On a more positive note, I have witnessed Vintage on the street at the closing parties go out of her way to welcome EVERYONE to the street.  

Flamanar

I have witnessed this as well from Vintage.  I just think it's just great, and also a reminder that the small little things do matter, and for me - are the things I remember most.   :2thunbs:

10000000000000000000000000000% agree to this!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 09:48 AM »

On a more positive note, I have witnessed Vintage on the street at the closing parties go out of her way to welcome EVERYONE to the street.  Sadly, there are those...how do I put this mildy...'clingy people' who will virtually stand on top of the host as much as possible and try to monopolize the conversation.  All I can say is...sigh...kids...lol ;)

Absolutley, as a matter of fact I've seen certain people try to keep Vintage 'to themselves' so to speak,  but if someone else greets her or asks a question, she is there ready to answer back.     

I will also say that I've seen some disturbing 'carrying on' between hosts and players lately.  It's my personal opinion (going by what I've seen, and some things that I've heard) that things are getting out of control a bit with a few players and hosts. 

I have also seen things that make me wonder.  I hope they don't let this get out of hand. Unfortunately, what a few people do can sometimes affect everyone else, and I would hate to see it if the staff had to keep a greater distance from the players.  As a matter of fact, I think the friendly staff is one of the best things of the game.   

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up