VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hop - Wave - Dance Button  (Read 3020 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Hop - Wave - Dance Button
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:47 PM »

If you cannot hop, wave or dance using that "running action guy" button while wearing the newer clothes- try updating to Flash 10.

A friend couldn't do those things above until she updated to Flash 10. She was told by Vintage to do so to allow it.

You still can only dance though while wearing the dance clothes or the new summer outfits. Wave cannot be done with the "old" clothing either.

Just an FYI  in case.

ps I tried to find a thread with the Hop/Wave/Dance button topic if there was one. Couldn't find it so started this. If there is one would a mod please move this to that.  :bighug:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Hop - Wave - Dance Button
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:17 PM »

If you cannot hop, wave or dance using that "running action guy" button while wearing the newer clothes- try updating to Flash 10.

A friend couldn't do those things above until she updated to Flash 10. She was told by Vintage to do so to allow it.

You still can only dance though while wearing the dance clothes or the new summer outfits. Wave cannot be done with the "old" clothing either.

Just an FYI  in case.

ps I tried to find a thread with the Hop/Wave/Dance button topic if there was one. Couldn't find it so started this. If there is one would a mod please move this to that.  :bighug:

Thanks for letting us know that, Fun. 

Has anybody found out whether Flash 10 is working reliably yet?  Last time I tried it, it wasn't a pretty sight...had to go back to Flash 9.  Maybe they have the bugs worked out of it by now.  Anyone???

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:19 PM »

Just an FYI  in case.

Has anybody found out whether Flash 10 is working reliably yet?  Last time I tried it, it wasn't a pretty sight...had to go back to Flash 9.  Maybe they have the bugs worked out of it by now.  Anyone???

Flamanar

I evidently have Flash 10, didn't know it until we were trying to figure out my friend's problem.  Is that why I have lag?

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 03:23 PM »

Just an FYI  in case.

Flamanar

I evidently have Flash 10, didn't know it until we were trying to figure out my friend's problem.  Is that why I have lag?

Nerp.  Yer gonna have lag no matter which version of Flash you use.  Flash 10 was unstable the last time I used it...but it's been a while now since I last fired it up.  Been using Flash 9 in the meantime.

You should be able to see which version of Flash you're using by right-clicking inside an open VFK window (log a player on, then right-click inside the room).

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:42 PM »

I'm still on Flash 9 too.  I did have 10 installed not that long ago, but went back to 9.  I had that annoying "skipping" problem.  Where your character would pause, and then move to a different spot.  The actual "walk" couldn't even be seen.  And of course lag was pretty bad too.  All while I was on Flash 10.

Not sure if VFK is totally recommending Flash 10 for everyone yet or not?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:53 PM »

I've had to upgrade to Flash 10 (for other things), and yes it still has that skipping, or freeze, problem. Worse on IE then on Firefox, both using Flash 10.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:55 PM »

We talked to Vintage about this while Happy was having her missing toolbar issue. Age said it seems to be machine to machine with Flash 9 and 10. Even withing their office, some machines use Flash 10 and some use Flash 9. We are still using 9, but have had some issues since the new client began. We may try 10, but I am almost afraid. Good thing is you can always go back if needed. :sos:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up