VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/24 scavenger hunt start in Gate House  (Read 7809 times)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
5/24 scavenger hunt start in Gate House
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:01 PM »

Start in Gate house room. There is a mug of rootbeer on the ground. Prize, as mentioned elsewhere, is Golden Teddybear.

EDIT:  Just adding picture of the prize - Plush Bear Gold

& 1,000 credits

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:05 PM by AstroGigiblue »
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 5/24 scavenger hunt start in Gate House
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:09 PM »

You know, golden, I bet you are loving all of these gold prizes! Maybe in the fall, we can talk them into a golden gourd, or at least a golden pumpkin.  :thumb:

goldengourd

• Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 04:30 PM »

Oh yeah, that would be just perfect. Yes, it was really nice of them to have a whole theme named for me.
-PotOfGoldWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:29 PM »

Wow.  Serious issues with this scavenger hunt.  The water at the livery stable was constantly blocked by players...because it was placed AT the entrance/exit on the right side of the room???  At one point, there was a person who wouldn't move away from the water...and a room full of at least 10 of us waiting to click on it!  For those that don't know, it's almost impossible to click on an item if someone is very near or on it.  Several people reported this person after waiting at least 5 minutes (and being extremely polite)...only to eventually be told by this person (who wasn't responding at all) that we need to be patient and that they are AFK!!!  Um... :notme:

There was some grass in the countryside room that was almost impossible to see on my (and others) computer. 

I sent a help report in on both of those items not long after the game started.  The water was fixed around...11pm.  The grass remains the same.

The good thing was that there seemed to be much less people on game today/tonight than yesterday, and there was no typing involved.

Flamanar...water at the entrance...-shrugs-...

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:18 PM »

Thanks for posting Golden!   :hug:

I updated the first post with a screen shot of the prize.

Okay ... funny thing with this water puddle at the entrance of the stable.  Humor me and listen to this story.  Ha!  I too had been waiting there for people to move, so we could click on the water.  I kept going in to see Ned, and hoping when I exited out of the stable, that I would be thrown into another instance of that room without any people in there!  Eventually, the water puddle actually appeared in Ned's stable with me.  I could click on it and move it, just like the carrot in there.  Well, I first moved it like where Ned would be, but when I exited the room -- the puddle was on top of those barrels outside the stable, and people could see that too, and couldn't click on the puddle!  I thought "uh oh" what did I do now?   :lolg:   So then I moved the puddle kind of by the exit in Ned's stable, which in turn had moved it to the exit by the Audubon game (outside the stable again).   :laugh2:  I left it there, as people seemed to be able to click it.  In retrospect, watching people respond to where I was moving the puddle was hysterical.  Funny thing is the water puddle would bounce every time I entered that room (not sure if it did that for everyone or not?).  But, it stayed where I had moved it.  I kept checking on it, to see if I was the only one that could move it, and apparently I was.  Now I'm not sure if it was entirely me, or staff too?  But it's just odd, that people were seeing every time I moved that puddle of water.    :lolg:   I have no idea if Staff ever responded, because I never saw Staff enter that room to fix it.   So idk?  Bugs?  Yup, probably.  All of this was happening around the same time you noted Flame. 

There was a time before Ned gave us credits, that a friend had followed me.  I was outside the stable, and they were inside the stable with Ned.  There was another player in there that was playing with the moveable carrot, and was putting it on my head.  I was asked if I could see what they were doing?  I said No, I'm outside the stable, how could I?  They said No you're not, you're in here with us!  So at that time I knew there was a bug, where someone could have actually been inside or outside the stable and other players would see them in the opposite room.  This thing with the puddle of water kind of reminded me of that bug too.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:22 AM »

Flame, they are making the Scavenger hunts a little harder each day. But the grass was indeed too small to see. I am thinking, they wanted players to help other players on this one. Like a team thing. I actually TOLD Vintage on the map on the grass in the countryside and she poof! Sigh. But it is fine as then I realized what they wanted. I am seeing alot of players are by themeselves and only looking out for themselves, so this gives them a chance to help another player. I am cudos for the players on the maps helping with the clues! Woot for those players!

Lets see how todays hunt will be.

Hoping for Gold ducks for our Duck.i!

And if anyone does not like their Gold Bears, I would gladly trade it with you! Want many of these for a reason. thanks!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 10:13 AM »

Thanks for posting Golden!   :hug:

I updated the first post with a screen shot of the prize.

Okay ... funny thing with this water puddle at the entrance of the stable.  Humor me and listen to this story.  Ha!  I too had been waiting there for people to move, so we could click on the water.  I kept going in to see Ned, and hoping when I exited out of the stable, that I would be thrown into another instance of that room without any people in there!  Eventually, the water puddle actually appeared in Ned's stable with me.  I could click on it and move it, just like the carrot in there.  Well, I first moved it like where Ned would be, but when I exited the room -- the puddle was on top of those barrels outside the stable, and people could see that too, and couldn't click on the puddle!  I thought "uh oh" what did I do now?   :lolg:   So then I moved the puddle kind of by the exit in Ned's stable, which in turn had moved it to the exit by the Audubon game (outside the stable again).   :laugh2:  I left it there, as people seemed to be able to click it.  In retrospect, watching people respond to where I was moving the puddle was hysterical.  Funny thing is the water puddle would bounce every time I entered that room (not sure if it did that for everyone or not?).  But, it stayed where I had moved it.  I kept checking on it, to see if I was the only one that could move it, and apparently I was.  Now I'm not sure if it was entirely me, or staff too?  But it's just odd, that people were seeing every time I moved that puddle of water.    :lolg:   I have no idea if Staff ever responded, because I never saw Staff enter that room to fix it.   So idk?  Bugs?  Yup, probably.  All of this was happening around the same time you noted Flame. 

There was a time before Ned gave us credits, that a friend had followed me.  I was outside the stable, and they were inside the stable with Ned.  There was another player in there that was playing with the moveable carrot, and was putting it on my head.  I was asked if I could see what they were doing?  I said No, I'm outside the stable, how could I?  They said No you're not, you're in here with us!  So at that time I knew there was a bug, where someone could have actually been inside or outside the stable and other players would see them in the opposite room.  This thing with the puddle of water kind of reminded me of that bug too.

Yes, I got the bouncing water thing everytime I entered the room, too.  Reading your post, it does sound like you fixed the water puddle issue, Astro!  Maybe you should submit a resume to VFK?  :lolg:  hehe!

And Pix...if they are trying to encourage teamwork, I can think of better ways.  What is happening lately is complete chaos on the maps (the main map is getting ridiculously clogged lately) and in other areas with many people getting angry and frustrated and taking it out on other people, spam, etc.  Alot of unnecessary stress all around, and quite a large 'bottleneck'.  Agreed, though:  kudos to the people on the maps guiding the large amounts of confused people.  Then we have the people that were so helpful, they'd try to stand on top of the 'target'...so nobody could click it (including the person they were guiding)...and other times those same people trying to stand on or near the 'target', but they showed up somewhere else on the other persons screen!  Then, of course, the people who were intentionally blocking the 'target'...won't even go there.  I can also envision quite a large amount of people using the HELP button to complain that there was no 'target' (when there actually was), or that they needed help finding it.  Right now, the last thing staff need is to be bombarded with many more HELP reports.  JMHO. ;)

I thought the actual prize could have looked better.  It doesn't look gold all over.  The hands and feet and ears all look like there is white on them.  So far, I've only enjoyed the gold cat...but now I don't like it since they changed it.  Sigh. 

Flamanar..hoping for a gold rocket..

goldengourd

• Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:17 AM »

I am cudos for the players on the maps helping with the clues! !
I was enjoying helping ppl on the maps, but got yelled at by several others for 'giving answers'. I was told I should only give more hints, not tell them which room they needed. Well, I'm not particularly good at that, so just left and won't try that again.
-PotOfGoldWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20 AM »

Yes, I got the bouncing water thing everytime I entered the room, too.  Reading your post, it does sound like you fixed the water puddle issue, Astro!  Maybe you should submit a resume to VFK?  :lolg:  hehe!

Flamanar..hoping for a gold rocket..

Good to hear it wasn't only me that saw the bouncing water, that has stopped bouncing. 

heh, ummm no thank you.   :lolg:   I think we all have enough stress playing the game sometimes, I can't even imagine the stress behind the scenes.  But, at least they get paid for it.  

Anyone notice the hedge is actually on top of part of the entrance to Balta Street now??  And No, I did not move that!   :laugh2:

I agree, I was very thankful someone was around to help me with the English Countryside Task too!!   :2thunbs:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:29 AM »

I was enjoying helping ppl on the maps, but got yelled at by several others for 'giving answers'. I was told I should only give more hints, not tell them which room they needed. Well, I'm not particularly good at that, so just left and won't try that again.

Gold, I am sorry someone yelled at you for helping others! That was not right on their part. HUGS.

The maps are clogged it seems, but people just standing there, not doing anything!!!
ScarlettPixie

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 11:41 AM »

Anyone notice the hedge is actually on top of part of the entrance to Balta Street now??  And No, I did not move that!   :laugh2:

It was there for along time, but at the end of my hunt I noticed someone moved it a bit so its not right on there anymore unless they moved it back by now.  :)

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 12:40 PM »

Golden,
Don't feel bad for helping others.  I figure by the time some people ask they are getting frustrated, so I have no problems in giving the answers out either.  No sense in giving "another hint" by saying "Map for Victorian Age..."  or "Look in First English Countryside..."   Most likely the person already thought of that part.

Guess they'll have to be mad at me for telling someone "click on a hedge on Victorian Map"  or "look for little grass clump in lower left of screen in first English Countryside room"  :rofl1: 

Astro, when I saw that hedge on Balta Street I immediately thought, "Astro has been here..."  :lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 12:46 PM »

OK, first of all, thank you to Astro for "fixing" the puddle!  :dance2: Second, you all have me laughing so hard right now! Third, boo to the big babies on the map, golden. Nothing wrong with giving the answers. I totally agree with Fun, by the time people are asking, they clearly need more help than another hint. Don't let that stop you from helping again - good for you!  :2thunbs:

I also liked the cat better before they changed it Flame. I wish al of the items were a more shiny gold, but they are still cute - just think that could make them even better.

Here's hoping we won't have to visit the NPCs for todays hunt. I would much more enjoy some challenging hints than all of the typing. Hugs all!  :bighug:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 12:59 PM »

OK, first of all, thank you to Astro for "fixing" the puddle!  :dance2: Second, you all have me laughing so hard right now! Third, boo to the big babies on the map, golden. Nothing wrong with giving the answers. I totally agree with Fun, by the time people are asking, they clearly need more help than another hint. Don't let that stop you from helping again - good for you!  :2thunbs:

I also liked the cat better before they changed it Flame. I wish al of the items were a more shiny gold, but they are still cute - just think that could make them even better.

Here's hoping we won't have to visit the NPCs for todays hunt. I would much more enjoy some challenging hints than all of the typing. Hugs all!  :bighug:

Princess, I bolded a section of your comments.
You just want to stand on the map and tell the answers....  :rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl1: :roflmao:

Perhaps all us NoBS groupies should stand there and give answers out all day! That would drive those "just give another hint" guys nutso.  :lolg:   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:02 PM by funfly »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 01:10 PM »

Perhaps all us NoBS groupies should stand there and give answers out all day! That would drive those "just give another hint" guys nutso.  :lolg:   

ROF!!!!!! Fun, I can picture that!!!

"Who wants answers! Come and get your answers! Right here! FREE Answers!"
ScarlettPixie

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 01:11 PM »

You just want to stand on the map and tell the answers....  :rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl1: :roflmao:

Well, Fun, to be honest, after reading golden's post - I just told King I planned on standing on the map and spouting off all the answers. I am in one of those moods...  :lolg: The more someone complains, tha more answers I'll give.  :rofl1: -skips off to the map-  :angel: >:D

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24 PM »

Well, Fun, to be honest, after reading golden's post - I just told King I planned on standing on the map and spouting off all the answers. I am in one of those moods...  :lolg: The more someone complains, tha more answers I'll give.  :rofl1: -skips off to the map-  :angel: >:D

LOL.  "one of those moods"???  I'm like that all the time... :notme:

Another thing I noticed late at night the night before last were a few people that wanted everyone to do the quest for them.  Help with every answer, "show me", etc.  One of these people was an adult that I know.  Sigh.  It's a shame that some people are so lazy...whereas other people try their hardest to really do the hunt themselves...instead of relying on others to do it for them.  You know:  I started yesterdays hunt when it first opened...and spent a solid 10 minutes running around the bleeping countryside to find those blades of grass????  Grr... :madder:

Anywho...might just have to join everyone on the map tonight to shout out free answers  >:D

Flamanar...(hugs) to everyone.  Love you ppl!  :hug:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:25 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 01:28 PM »

Woot! I so want to go too!  :yes!:

ROF!!!!!! Fun, I can picture that!!!

"Who wants answers! Come and get your answers! Right here! FREE Answers!"
   :rofl1:

Flame, you get those moods?  I never noticed -  :notme:

Ok, I have to go to a picnic for a little bit; but when I get back I'm going to the map!   >:D :boxing:  :lolg:

- makes note: more than just me that gets those moods -  :bighug:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 02:07 PM »

I love trying to figure out the clues! Whoever is in charge of the creating the clues is pretty good at rhymes!!! :) Woot!
ScarlettPixie

goldengourd

• Bat Magic
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 02:13 PM »

I agree with you. Who ever was writting the clues obviously put some thought into them. Thanks VFK
-PotOfGoldWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 02:54 PM »

I agree with you. Who ever was writting the clues obviously put some thought into them. Thanks VFK

Yup Yup.  Agreed.  Even the quests are quite creative.  .It and myself have talked about their creativity many a time. ;)

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 05:05 PM »

I agree with you all too.   :)  I have enjoyed doing these Scavenger Hunts.  They are very creative, and I have enjoyed the clues.  Yesterday I was ready to pull my hair out looking for that blade of grass though, and everyone standing on the water puddle didn't help either.  But, we got through it!   :dance3:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up