VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today is the day one year later that there were a million tears shed.  (Read 11066 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Hard to believe a year has gone by. I so miss VMK. NO game has even come close to it.  But there were some positives. I am not longer addicted to any game. Things I would miss just to get a virtual item. Since I am not trying to convince my hubby that we should go to the park more often. We are saving money. :)

We now have family night every Saturday night as we play wizards together.

I have made many new friends mostly because of VMKnobs. sadly I have also lost many friends who went on to different games.

As true to my word I am not playing any disney game. Because once burned I am twice shy. Also looking at the disney on line game stats, seems disney is not keeping its target audiences. They have lost 500,000 unique users in the last year from toon town. All their games are showing decline. So why risk joining something else.

But sadly there really has been no game that does the same thing VMK did. I had high hopes for VFK. have not given up on them but have not liked the seeing the problems with communicating. The lack of customer support for paying members  returning no emails with questions I have about membership.

When I email wizards or Small worlds I get an email confirmation. With wizards I get a response within 24 hours most times within a few hours.

The only place I really visit all the times is Nobs. So that was a bonus of VMK closing. Meeting some great people on this board.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

I remember our entire family watching the lights go out on the kingdom and all of us crying real tears. (Yep, even King) While I miss the extra magic of the theme parks at my fingertips, I have to say we have had many blessings come out of this sad event. We found NoBS through VMK's closing and have become close friends with so many wonderful people we might never have met. The closing gave us a chance to step back from gaming and re-evaluate what its role had become in our lives. We still remember that from time to time and have to remind ourselves to take those steps back. We have been blessed, I guess, to feel like we have found a new home in VFK. It fills up some of the hole left behind, but also is not so consuming that we miss out on some cool, real life stuff. (Although I did find myself checking for internet access at Great American Ballpark, because we got some comp. tickets to tomorrow nights game - which is VFK's one year birthday. No, we are not taking a laptop to the game.  :lolg: ) We watched a few goodbye VMK videos on Youtube a few nights ago. Didn't feel as sad as we used to, but sure did make me miss visiting WDW. For us, the magic of the Disney Parks at home is what got us playing online, the friends kept us playing. I miss some friends we don't see as often, but I'm sure thankful for NoBS as a common place to keep up. Our daughter watched the videos on Youtube and said, "I just don't understand why Disney did this." and then she made us all laugh by saying, "Wow, we had really big feet on VMK.".  :lolg: Big feet and all, I am thankful for the time we had on VMK because we were able to make some wonderful friends and have some magical memories. I am also thankful that in the closing of one door, another was opened to us and we have made more wonderful friends here on NoBS and in VFK.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

• Burried In Treasure Magic

Hugs to all my friends who played VMK. Thinking of you all especially today.

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic

A day late but hugs to you all.  While VMK closing is still sad and unfortunate, I am happy to have found NoBS and all of you.  Quite a few I knew from VMK, but it has been wonderful meeting new people and getting to know the "old" ones better.  :)  I still wish Disney didn't close VMK or changed their minds, but well boo Disney Internet Group and I have not paid to play any of their other games.  VFK, Wizards, and now also SecondLife keep me busy and entertained enough.  Of course I find the most laughs here though. ;)

~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:
Pages: [1]   Go Up