VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Life  (Read 21125 times)

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
Re: Second Life
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 10:36 AM »

Wow!  Thanks!  That should help!  And free items would be great--I wasn't sure how I would go about buying stuff.  I don't want to spend real money on this right now.  I'll get on later and take a look.  Maybe it'll start making more sense to me if I look at it again fresh.  What do you know about changing the way you walk--I assume there's a way to do that too--or is that part of the skins?
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17 AM »

Okay, I made it in.  Wow am I LOST!!!  I managed to change a couple things on my appearance but it wouldn't let me do anything with my newbie hair.  It's brown and I want to be a redhead--stayed brown no matter what I did.  I found a sign with some help subjects on it and checked the one about Looking Good, hoping I'd get some help there, and didn't understand anything the writers were talking about.  And why do I walk like a complete spaz?  Not that all this matters a whole lot, since I really just wanted to get in and check out the Disney stuff, but I'd like to look not quite so noobish and also have a better idea how this place works.  Even the Help Island confuses me!!  Anybody care to help me out??

I'm glad you made it in.  It is really overwhelming at first.  I still don't know how to do much either, but there are a handful of places to get free stuff, use the search box and type in "free hair" or whatever you're looking for.  I can show you some if we are on at same time, or try to get the names for you.  Hair is hard to come by though, but while I was exploring around today a girl came in and asked if I needed help.  I probably scared her bc I was bald at the time trying to find pretty hair to wear.  I told her yes and that even though I signed up last year, I had really just stared a few days ago.  She said, she was wondering about that and gave me lots of nice stuff for free.  It is hard being a noob especially when your birthday was a year ago lol. 

Is there a way to make copies of the inventory stuff to give away to others?  I do wish we could preview items in inventory before putting them on.  I end up trying things on, not liking them, and not able to find where my last thing was put lol.  Hmm, is it possible to make a folder of favorite things?

~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 07:52 PM »

Okay--where is everybody?  It's getting rather lonely wandering around all by myself.....
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 03:21 AM »

I work during the day, so am on at night everyday at around 3pm till 6pm pst. Some friends of mine opened a really amazing club called Naughty's, and I spend a lot of time their dancing and socializing. And then of course I do a lot of shopping! @_@ LOL. Look forward to seeing you sometime soon......................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up