VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you for your support  (Read 11654 times)

smackeralchick

Thank you for your support
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:50 PM »

Chelsea (Dlandchick) is officially through with her leukemia treatment!!!!! Here's the email I sent out last night, but I don't have alot of your emails, so:
Hear ye, hear ye,

Whew, what a relief. Dr. Finklestein said that the May 1 spinal fluid was clear, and the bone marrow biopsy was negative. They even sent the biopsy away to somewhere in Washington that is able to perform a super duper analysis which confirmed no leukemia cells. Woot!  Of course, he also said that about 10% of kids relapse during the first year, and that they wait until two years after the end of treatment to talk about what to look for long term. Hmmm, a little less "woot!"...

So, now we go monthly for blood tests to make sure she stays that way, and she'll be followed by the office until she's at least 19. It's kind of like this is the beginning of a new chapter, not the end of the book, if you know what I mean.

To celebrate, we had dinner at Lucille's, after which Chelsea had to hurry home to study for a math test she missed while out for her last chemo (thanks, Mr. Ferris, LOL). I have filled a container with popcorn kernels leftover chemo and expired vitamins, each representing one pill Chelsea has taken since her diagnosis. Guess how many there are? The person who comes closest to the correct answer will receive an honorable mention in the 2009 Johnson Family Christmas Newsletter or a jar of toxic popcorn.

Thank you to everyone for all of your support throughout this experience.  I leave you with Chelsea's favorite saying: Childhood Cancer Sucks.

Smackeralchick

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: Thank you for your support
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34 AM »

YEAH  :wavet: :wavet: another mountain climbed :) Still some hills to look out for but for the first time in years Land does not have to have aweful toxic meds :)  :2thunbs: :thumb: :clap1: :clapping: :dance3: :dance2: :dle:

Ok would that be a large size popcorn container and what brand but I also know that in the US you do have some thigns food related that are packaged differently or we do not carry.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:36 PM »

:yes!: :wavet: :dance2: :dance3: Hooray!!! There is a party going on at our house for all of you today! Woot land - so happy for you here. Hugs to all of you as you celebrate this awesome news. We know there will be some stress ahead with tests to make sure all is clear, but wow, bet this feels so good! No more chemo treatments!  :wavet: :yes!: Sending you long distance hugs. (and King says he is sending you the fart of a lifetime, Land. You should probably be smelling it in a few hours out there...  :lolg::hug: :bighug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:05 AM »

Wonderful News!!  Enjoy your Celebration!!  Biggest Hugs!   :bighug:   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:06 PM »

:clap1: :clapping: :clap1: :clapping:Such fantastic news!  Yipee!   :clap1: :clapping: :clap1: :clapping:

Land is one brave girl to endure all that she has been through with the treatments.  I wish her the best!  Thanks for sharing the good news.  Will still keep her in my thought and prayers for her future tests. 

:bighug: Hugs!  :bighug:

Happy

PS I'm sure this news will help you to have an especially Happy Mother's Day in 2009. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:58 PM »

:2thunbs: :clap1: :clapping: :bow2: :dance3: :dance2: :dance: :dle: :pizza:

Super Huge Hugs to you and your family!!!         
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

smackeralchick

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41 PM »

:yes!: :wavet: :dance2: :dance3: Hooray!!! There is a party going on at our house for all of you today! Woot land - so happy for you here. Hugs to all of you as you celebrate this awesome news. We know there will be some stress ahead with tests to make sure all is clear, but wow, bet this feels so good! No more chemo treatments!  :wavet: :yes!: Sending you long distance hugs. (and King says he is sending you the fart of a lifetime, Land. You should probably be smelling it in a few hours out there...  :lolg::hug: :bighug:

Boy, talk about the fart of a lifetime--King, it caused a 4.7 earthquake about a mile from our house, and several big aftershocks as well! Thanks for all the celebrating, everybody. King--no more seismic gas. My nerves (and nose) can't take it!
Hugs, everyone! :bighug:
Smackeralchick :icecream:

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 08:53 PM »

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up