VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: vfk_public room for Ride contest  (Read 7887 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
vfk_public room for Ride contest
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:43 AM »

This is confusing how they have things marked.

Funfly's Spring Ride (in my first room for ride contest) shows up under " i " button as Owner: vfk_public room with no description for both funfly and my spare HersheyGirl.

When I have both funfly and Hershey in there on MY LIST it says 0/20 and does not show up on any Friend List or Popular List for myself or my spare's (there were 2 of us in there and the Popular List was loaded with a lot of 1/25)

When HersheyGirl goes into Fun's 2nd ride room; it does not show up on Friend List (popular not factored in due to high volumn now on).  Also owner is funfly there with no room title nor description (which I had posted one)  Same is true for Hershey in Fun's 3rd ride room.

Also, funfly showed LittleBelles Castle room on Friend Room List but not on Hershey's Friend Room List. The difference I noted with that is that LittleBelle is on funfly's friend list 2x with lower case and uppercase letter.  On HersheyGirl LittleBelle is only in lowercase letters.  :??:

So, with that confusing info so far; I'm logging off to do errands this morning  :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: vfk_public room for Ride contest
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:15 AM »

It seems as though VFK has locked down the 1st ride room entered for the competition.  You are no longer able to move, or add items in the 1st room you entered.  (which is fine, since building was to be completed by 4/30 anyway)

However, what I find frustrating is the things you have come across Fun, and also in my own personal room the fact that I had 3 torches in my start room, and guess what?  1 of them is gone missing now, since the lock down!!  It's not in my inventory either.  It would appear to me that VFK has some issues going on with how they locked rooms down.   :uhuh2:

Also, my start room says nothing.  Owner:  No Information.  Nothing in description, the description that I had is gone, and it doesn't say vfk_public room either.   :??:

I'm not quite sure the reasoning behind locking down the start rooms?  What is going to prevent some players from changing their connecting ride rooms?

I'm just irritated that whatever VFK did, now changed the cosmetic look of my room.  :(  Boo.   :td:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:45 AM »

ok so I am not alone there are many issues glad to know I am not the only one with no description on my first room. I could have added a billboard like others but it would have taken away from the room. I notice that redoagain does have description. But he is non VIP so no billboard to write on. They have major issues. How can peopel undertand my ride if no description worse people can not even find my ride rofl.

But I was able to change the second room to Littlebelle Garden Castle ride :) so at least people can find me.  Just doing the fantasy room backwards.

So I asked them to unlock my firstt room. Wondering if they will do that. Also I see no point in a stopping people from making minor changes what if the loading area is not working I think you should be able to fix that. Or at least add a billboard. They never locked the rooms in VMK. This is just petty of them to not allow any changes to a room. But on the other hand stops someone for moving a piece of the ride and it collaspe on them. Yup had  that happen in VMK :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:54 AM »

ok my first room is not locked it says 0/20 so that can not be the case. So what is going on????

Also redoagain shows up on popular list. I wonder once they have been judged they go to do not show up. Also is anyone having issues that is not a VIP. Cause redoagain is in the non VIP category.

Seems strange that the popular board is full of trade rooms not ride rooms. Could it be that they realized they did not have enough power on their servers so they closed down ride start rooms once they have been judged. ??? Sincethe rides are heavy in lag issues. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:07 AM by littlebelle »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23 AM »

I am a non VIP; (I am on someone's family, but I figure I'm not VIP)

- looks for staff members with answers -

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 10:27 AM »

yes that would make you non VIP like my hubby's character he is listed as non VIP
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:57 AM by littlebelle »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:30 AM »

well Ormanddude's ride shows up. it is the only one right now. Ah princesswendybird can you get on or send king to get on your rooms and see if they show up. Wonder if they are winners they are still up? Or maybe not judged yet?

Update I just talked to Ormondude.  He signed up right at the end. And so did redoagain so my guess is that once judged they take it off the market rofl. So no one knows you are in your room. Which would explain the lack of ride rooms open. I think because if everyone had there ride open it would for sure crash VFK.  Tiggerbelle had it working right last night but today her first room is not showing description.

So that is my best guess.  So keep a look out people who rooms load description normally.  (I know Pinks room is still showing up) See if that changes. The sad think about this they are not even letting the hosts no what they are doing. Because VFK_Catus had no clue what to tel me to do.

I really think it is there way of knowing what rooms they still have to judge. Wouldn't a token flag have been better????
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:53 PM by littlebelle »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 06:54 PM »

OK, we just got in from church and dropping the kids off at Grandma's house. I had to call yesterday about my start room, but it was an issue we thought might happen. (long story lol) I will have to check again tonight. We are having a "date night" dinner at home tonight and then hopping on VFK for the evening. I might hop on now to check while King picks up our dinner. Astro, please send them a Help message about your missing torch - I'm sure they'll help you locate it.

I think the whole "lock up" is because a few players (adult players, mostly) made a big stink about kids copying their ideas, etc. I mean, I think they made a BIG stink over it, calling the office, etc. I can understand that as a concern, but not sure that is the only reason or should be cause for a lock down. Maybe they also want to keep rooms the same once they are judged? Not really sure there.  :??:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 10:22 PM »

OK, we just got in from church and dropping the kids off at Grandma's house. I had to call yesterday about my start room, but it was an issue we thought might happen. (long story lol) I will have to check again tonight. We are having a "date night" dinner at home tonight and then hopping on VFK for the evening. I might hop on now to check while King picks up our dinner. Astro, please send them a Help message about your missing torch - I'm sure they'll help you locate it.

I think the whole "lock up" is because a few players (adult players, mostly) made a big stink about kids copying their ideas, etc. I mean, I think they made a BIG stink over it, calling the office, etc. I can understand that as a concern, but not sure that is the only reason or should be cause for a lock down. Maybe they also want to keep rooms the same once they are judged? Not really sure there.  :??:

Ok I rode your room last night and it worked fine so what is the long story. Yes I think locking the first room is dumb. By now they can not copy anything elaborate. It is a pain not being able to show rooms descriptions. I was planning to be on alot more riding the rides. But very few show up. Are they only judging one room because the second and third are not locked. So what sense does that make.

I felt bad for gerterg there was a problem in his room and his ride did not work a piece got turned and there was nothing he could do.

I think those adults are children is is only a game. So why are some rooms showing up and others not.

What is the point if no one can find your ride. That makes me more upset than kids copying. What a waste of time if only friends who use friends list can see it. As I said before I stand little chance of winning because really there are some fantastic and complicated rides out there. So why not let the 95% who enter enjoy showing off their rooms. Now that is what I would be complaining about to VFK.

Actually I am just so tick at this. They should have let us know on the website!!!! Absolutely no comunication. No idea if we are judged nothing. Now they played VMK did they not learn anything from the mistakes they made from ride competitions.

What I really think is tha the game would crash if everyone was riding all the rides. I think that is the real story behind this.

You know they get people all exited about building and possibly getting new members because of this and then the pull this maybe it iis time to write again. Lot a good that will do. I wrote over a week ago about my second membership not wanting to pay monthly could I go annually with some credit for the 4 months I have already paid. Not a word.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 10:35 PM »

I actually got lagged off Belle, and was going to come talk to you, but a few things came up here. I had a few issues with my first room because something happened when I switched which room I was entering. Remember all of those candy corn I needed? Well I am still building those rooms, but decided to switch to this theme for the ride competition. My room was not showing the "public room" thing and I called to make sure everything was ok - it was.

Belle, King rode GSterg's ride also. He said one of the track pieces was rotated and he couldn't pass that point. I know they are stil testing things and I am guessing this is all going to be a learning process for them and for us as well. I checked all of our family's rooms and they do show up on friend room lists and popular room list. Not sure if they lock up the room from view once you are judged or not. I can tell you that we officially entered our rooms pretty late in thesign up period. not sure if that makes a difference.

Belle, am I getting this right, that your first room may have still been set to private when they locked it up? If nobody hears anything by tomorrow, maybe I can have King give them a call to see if that might help.

Hugs Belle.  :bighug:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 06:39 AM »

Oh I am so glad they let you have different start room because your rooms are just to good to be missed. At least your rooms is still showing so people can enjoy it.

Thanks for responding it is beginning to look once judged they go no can be found. They really need to change this.

Lets hope once judging is over they will open back up the rooms. I would not mind building a teleporter room like we had for our hallowen rides. So we have a central point to see everyones rides on nobs.

To both  flams I do not have you on friends list so if you see someone on nobs that is on ask them if they have me on friends list. So I can catch up and put you both on my list.

I have no idea why some locked rooms show description and others not. So no need to call. Since my first room does not show up anyways.  Thanks for the offer.

Hugs

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 07:09 AM »

Astro, please send them a Help message about your missing torch - I'm sure they'll help you locate it.

Aww, Thanks Princess.   :hug:   I hope you and King had a wonderful date nite.    :)

Honestly, I will worry more about it when this competition is over -- to get it back.  I know I don't have a chance either.   :lolg:   There are some awesome rooms out there! 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22 PM »

To both  flams I do not have you on friends list so if you see someone on nobs that is on ask them if they have me on friends list. So I can catch up and put you both on my list.

Will do littlebelle :)  Would love to meet you ingame!

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 03:42 PM »

Oh that is an easy task Belle! The Flames are on my list. :) You are more than welcome to follow and friend.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 03:47 PM »

Well redogain got judged but not me yet. Maybe they can not find me cause there is no info rofl. Stil no loading room description :(

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Well redogain got judged but not me yet. Maybe they can not find me cause there is no info rofl. Stil no loading room description :(

Belle, hope this helps - my ride start room with the VFK Red Flag still doesn't show any room description either!  However, when I go to the room from my list, all the info I posted in the description showed up.

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 10:05 PM »

Belle, maybe they have not judged you yet. Dont forget, there are so many entries. :) If they dont judge ...uh.... soon, then send a nice message.  :boxing:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 04:04 AM »

I think they are saving mine for a slow period since they will need a good ten or more minutes if the have a slow computer to ride my ride. Though I did notice that players tend to have lag breaks at corner pieces. If it is staright they move alright. Strange but true. Glad I did not go with my original concept of a big circle they would be stuck in the twighlight zone forever.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up