VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK Ride Competition Prizes!  (Read 9313 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
VFK Ride Competition Prizes!
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:47 PM »

VFK Ride Competition Prizes!

April 24th, 2009.

Everyone has been working hard on their rides for the competition, and there are already many truly amazing and creative rides! The following are the prize packages that will be awarded in the VFK Ride Competitions:

First Place

Gold Room Trophy (with contest inscription)

Gold Medal necklace with VFK embossed in center (wearable)

Seaside Sun Room

Spring Ride Package

Spring Ride Support Package (20 Spring Ride pieces)

Ride Contest Pin

10,000 credits

Second Place

Silver Room Trophy (with contest inscription)

Silver Medal necklace with VFK embossed in center (wearable)

Seaside Sun Room

Spring Ride Package

Ride Contest Pin

5,000 credits

Third Place

Bronze Room Trophy (with contest inscription)

Bronze Medal necklace with VFK embossed in center (wearable)

Seaside Sun Room

Spring Ride Package

Ride Contest Pin

4,000 credits

Fourth Place

Spring Ride Package

Ride Contest Pin

3,000 credits

Fifth Place

Spring Ride Package

Ride Contest Pin

2,000 credits

Honorable Mention

Ride Contest Pin

500 credits

I added the bold in it.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: VFK Ride Competition Prizes!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:20 AM »

We got home late tonight from the Reds game to see this on the homepage. Nice prize packages.  :thumb:

Wishing everyone lots of luck - I bet we are going to see some really creative rooms coming from our NoBSers! OH, I am getting excited!  :dance2:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:12 AM »

Sigh.  My pessimistic side is getting the best of me with this ride competition.  We haven't heard who the judges would be...but is it really possible for VFK to find judges for this event that are unbiased and inpartial??  I have this awful feeling in my gut that we will see the 'big players' sweeping the prizes.  Too many staff befriending too many 'big players' at the closing parties lately.  Myself:  I don't care if I win or lose...I'm just routing for the 'underdogs' in this competition.  It would make me happy to see an 'underdog sweep'. :)

Ok...so I can be a pessimist.  I admit it.  lol.

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:39 AM »

Okay I'm thrilled that VFK is holding a Ride Competition.  Thrilled with some of the prizes offered:  Trophies, necklaces, new Guest room, big credits, .... But ...

I'm baffled by the amount of Spring Ride Pieces being offered as prizes  ???    :??:   Maybe it's just me, can't please everyone I guess.

I personally would have thought VFK would have left actual building pieces out of prize packages.  Unless, they are never released pieces (but still?) -- but, it doesn't even say that.   :??:

Also, I'm guessing participants don't get anything either for participating huh?  Not even a pin?  :(

- sigh -  idk torn on this one, I am.  I put a lot of time, and credits in this one.. that's for sure, as I'm sure MANY have.  Honorable Mention doesn't even get the amount of credits we receive in a Sunday Quest?   :??:

I am surprised is all, especially after VFK had said :  "We have an amazing prize package to be announced. You will not want to miss this contest!"

As far as the judges being unbiased and impartial, I hope for the best, but who really knows for sure?  I think there will sadly always be the "big players" in every game we play.  I have not found one game yet that there isn't.  If there is one, I'd sure like to find it!   :thumbs:

Good Luck to All!   :clapping:    :clap1:    :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:55 AM »

Okay I'm thrilled that VFK is holding a Ride Competition.  Thrilled with some of the prizes offered:  Trophies, necklaces, new Guest room, big credits, .... But ...

I'm baffled by the amount of Spring Ride Pieces being offered as prizes  ???    :??:   Maybe it's just me, can't please everyone I guess.

I personally would have thought VFK would have left actual building pieces out of prize packages.  Unless, they are never released pieces (but still?) -- but, it doesn't even say that.   :??:

Also, I'm guessing participants don't get anything either for participating huh?  Not even a pin?  :(

- sigh -  idk torn on this one, I am.  I put a lot of time, and credits in this one.. that's for sure, as I'm sure MANY have.  Honorable Mention doesn't even get the amount of credits we receive in a Sunday Quest?   :??:

I am surprised is all, especially after VFK had said :  "We have an amazing prize package to be announced. You will not want to miss this contest!"

As far as the judges being unbiased and impartial, I hope for the best, but who really knows for sure?  I think there will sadly always be the "big players" in every game we play.  I have not found one game yet that there isn't.  If there is one, I'd sure like to find it!   :thumbs:

Good Luck to All!   :clapping:    :clap1:    :2thunbs:

Yeah, you're right.  All games have their 'big players'.  Guess I'm always one to route for the 'underdogs'. :)  Although if there is a 'big player sweep' for this contest, I'm afraid another -cough-forum-cough- will erupt...lol.   -gets camera ready-  >:D  JK!  LOL :)

I'm also baffled with the choice of prizes.  Ride pieces?  Support packs?  The rides will already be built when the prizes are awarded...so what to do with the new pieces??  There was word that those support packs were supposed to be released awhile back...they never showed.  Same with the mine packs.  Whatever happened to those??  It's almost like they abandoned the idea of making any new mine pieces or mine packs!  I ended up going with all spring rides because making a mine ride room/rooms would have really cost me a bundle...and then some.  Alot of people were waiting for those 2 things to come out so that they could use them in their rides for the competition.  Instead, the support packs and spring ride pieces are prizes???  I couldn't be more surprised than if for this Sundays quest prize they gave us camo flips... :uhuh2:

Yup...consider me baffled as well.  :??:

Then again, it's not the end of the world.  Life goes on.  :waveh:

Flamanar
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:59 AM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:34 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  All games have their 'big players'.  Guess I'm always one to route for the 'underdogs'. :)  Although if there is a 'big player sweep' for this contest, I'm afraid another -cough-forum-cough- will erupt...lol.   -gets camera ready-  >:D  JK!  LOL :)

I'm also baffled with the choice of prizes.  Ride pieces?  Support packs?  The rides will already be built when the prizes are awarded...so what to do with the new pieces??  There was word that those support packs were supposed to be released awhile back...they never showed.  Same with the mine packs.  Whatever happened to those??  It's almost like they abandoned the idea of making any new mine pieces or mine packs!  I ended up going with all spring rides because making a mine ride room/rooms would have really cost me a bundle...and then some.  Alot of people were waiting for those 2 things to come out so that they could use them in their rides for the competition.  Instead, the support packs and spring ride pieces are prizes???  I couldn't be more surprised than if for this Sundays quest prize they gave us camo flips... :uhuh2:

Yup...consider me baffled as well.  :??:

Then again, it's not the end of the world.  Life goes on.  :waveh:

Flamanar

Trust me, I would LOVE nothing more than to have an "underdog" sweep for this competition!  That, would be awesome!!!   :2thunbs:    :drinkingtoast2:

Yup, agree.  We all were patiently waiting for mine packs, etc. to come out.  And nothing.  I personally wanted to mainly build with the mine pieces, because I just liked them better.  I waited as long as I felt I could to start building, for packs to come out, and nothing.  I don't know what it takes on VFK's end to put packs together, and sadly it didn't happen.

VFK also has only released those Broken Gold/Coal Mine Carts in 1 single Host Event too.  I'm still waiting for them to Host another event with those, that so many of us missed.  Yes, I have sent numerous requests asking for an Event to have those included in it.   :notme:   I don't get any answers, but at least VFK will know there is interest -- because I'm sure I'm not alone. 

You're right, it's not the end of the world and life will go on.  :)   Oh, and sit back and watch the fireworks that are bound to go off after this competition is over.   :lolg:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:26 PM »

Well I just built for the sake of building and mostly for the video princess is making. Just think how many will be crying come on when only 5 are chosen when in VMK they had at least 50 :) I really doubt any underdogs will win meaning anyone that is not known. But I do hope Osmonde Dude does win something because his rides are technically very difficult. If you have not had a chance to hop onto his ride I would highly reccommend it.  But I will route for everyone on this board go nobs go :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 05:38 PM »

I was talking to Ormonddude the other night and even he isn't expecting to win First Place because the competition is fierce!

I wish VFK would at least give out the Honorable Mention prizes to everyone who submitted an entry.

Anyway, I'm taking the attitude that building my ride was fun and relaxing (well somewhat relaxing - I did get a bit irritated when parts of my ride unexpectedly collapsed the other night!  Can you imagine if this ride was real???  OSHA would shut me down before I even opened!   :rofl1:) and allowed me to express my creative side a bit.  :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 05:53 PM »

Dude's rides are awesome I agree.  I don't mind someone like Dude winning when you can tell alot has been put into it like his.

I don't stand a chance really against rides like Dude's builds; and... *cough* "big players" at another forum *cough*.  I built also for the sake of building and to show support; hoping for those "underdogs" to win as well. 

Maybe the ride pieces and packs are part of it just because it is a ride contest; encourage more rides after the contest?  I do hope they offer that room for sale after the contest though.

In the meantime... Ok all the NoBSer Underdogs get in line now; plan of attack is to corral those hosts/judges into going just to the Underdog's rooms!!!  To keep the judges from noticing the "big players" rooms use distractions like King's gas and Flame's Flashing ummm...lack of clothing? ...it just might work!  :boxing:  :thumb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 11:17 PM »

Dude's rides are awesome I agree.  I don't mind someone like Dude winning when you can tell alot has been put into it like his.

I don't stand a chance really against rides like Dude's builds; and... *cough* "big players" at another forum *cough*.  I built also for the sake of building and to show support; hoping for those "underdogs" to win as well. 

Maybe the ride pieces and packs are part of it just because it is a ride contest; encourage more rides after the contest?  I do hope they offer that room for sale after the contest though.

In the meantime... Ok all the NoBSer Underdogs get in line now; plan of attack is to corral those hosts/judges into going just to the Underdog's rooms!!!  To keep the judges from noticing the "big players" rooms use distractions like King's gas and Flame's Flashing ummm...lack of clothing? ...it just might work!  :boxing:  :thumb:

ROFL!  :rofl1: Nobody said we had to fight fair!  >:D 

Flamanar...I think Fun is onto something there...-starts working on me tan-...heh heh

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 05:25 AM »

Good luck to everyone!

I am only going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show....

:trophy: All the players that entered deserve a trophy!!! Woot!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 10:56 AM »

Oh gosh, now I'm REALLY nervous!  Anything with "seaside" and "sun" in the title... well I WANT!  LOL!  But drat, it really really stinks to compete in the VIP level with all those big and powerfully rich people.  Still not sure how they manage to have so many credits.  I have the monthly membership, and I'm still broke, LOL.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!  Hopefully, we'll see some Nobbers on the list!   :dance3: :dance2: :dance: :dle:

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 11:02 AM »

I agree about the no participation prize.  I don't get that.  We all spend HOURS building in our rooms and spending every credit we have on our ride.  I just think for our effort alone, we should get SOMETHING... ANYTHING....  throw us a "#1 LOSER" t-shirt even...

Anyways, I'm laughing at the irony of ride pieces for a prize.  Don't mean to complain though.  But seriously, the last thing we want to do after the ride competition is over is build ANOTHER ride, LOL!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 02:07 PM »

I agree about the no participation prize.  I don't get that.  We all spend HOURS building in our rooms and spending every credit we have on our ride.  I just think for our effort alone, we should get SOMETHING... ANYTHING....  throw us a "#1 LOSER" t-shirt even...

Anyways, I'm laughing at the irony of ride pieces for a prize.  Don't mean to complain though.  But seriously, the last thing we want to do after the ride competition is over is build ANOTHER ride, LOL!

Ok I admit it that I'm weird  :jester:  I don't mind getting ride pieces; but then again my ride is not elaborate.

-gets in line for  #1 LOSER t-shirt and preparing to yell "We NEED that seaside room for ALL" -

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 07:56 PM »

Rofl I just built another 3 on another character once I get started I just can not stop. I must say though I am quite impress with the first room. Finally found a way to get rid of all my ice :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 11:26 PM »

Rofl I just built another 3 on another character once I get started I just can not stop. I must say though I am quite impress with the first room. Finally found a way to get rid of all my ice :)

Lol.  Awesome!  I found a way to get rid of my ice, too...now I can't find where I dumped it!  LOL  GL with your ride :)

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 07:04 AM »

Anyone need Ice, just come to me! I can build Mount Everest with them!!! :laugh2:
ScarlettPixie

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02 AM »

Anyone need Ice, just come to me! I can build Mount Everest with them!!! :laugh2:

Sorry redoagain has you beat  here is his great white north.

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 10:43 AM »

Nicely done!

My Ice lady owns over 400 pieces....  :lolp: Not sure what she will do with them..... :sur:
ScarlettPixie

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:47 AM »

Just wondering to myself it says no peri building in the compeition now will that effect any of us that let Wendy go into our rooms to do video. Is there a log to check. Should I write them. I would hate to be disqualified, cause I really did build it all my self.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Just wondering to myself it says no peri building in the compeition now will that effect any of us that let Wendy go into our rooms to do video. Is there a log to check. Should I write them. I would hate to be disqualified, cause I really did build it all my self.

I think as long as you turn that off before May 1, you should be fine.  If I'm not mistaken, anything put in there by someone else will be returned to their inventory once you turn off furnish perms.  Never hurts to call and make sure, though ;)  I'm also curious about room locks.  My ride rooms are currently set up to not allow anyone in them.  Odds are almost a certainty that staff can still get in there to judge...but I always like to make sure.  Ugh.

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 03:27 PM »

I think as long as you turn that off before May 1, you should be fine.  If I'm not mistaken, anything put in there by someone else will be returned to their inventory once you turn off furnish perms.  Never hurts to call and make sure, though ;)  I'm also curious about room locks.  My ride rooms are currently set up to not allow anyone in them.  Odds are almost a certainty that staff can still get in there to judge...but I always like to make sure.  Ugh.

Flamanar

I unlocked my rooms to allow Everyone in after I completed building and testing ride with a spare.  No one can enter there without you first being there unless you placed a porter to enter from somewhere else. hmmm, think I did that; I better go check  :lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 03:32 PM »

Belle,
  I can have King call tonight to make sure. Will update when we hear.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 04:01 PM »

Belle,
  I can have King call tonight to make sure. Will update when we hear.

Thanks better save than sorry :) Since it cost major long distance for me. I am still waiting on a response from my email that was sent last week regarding changing my month to month membership to yearly since it is costing me 12.60 a month. Still no response. Will give it a little longer and see what happens.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05 PM »

Flamanar

Wow you peeked my curosity   :muscles: what secret high tec rooms have you built enquiring minds want to know :) :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 04:13 PM »

Flamanar

Wow you peeked my curosity   :muscles: what secret high tec rooms have you built enquiring minds want to know :) :rofl1:

Lol.  Secret?  High tec?  hehe!  Just making rides I like :)  I had to really lock them down, because people were following me and I wasn't getting any work done on them. lol.  Can't talk and build at the same time :)

First time ever building rides for Flame.  Never had enough credits on Magic.  Decided to have a go at it.  We'll see how hard I make the judges laugh!  LOL :lolp: :roflmao: :rofl1:

Flamanar
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up