VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Teleporter game is on!!!  (Read 7045 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Teleporter game is on!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28 AM »

Yeah, seems like the best thing to do now is never exit a queue when they remove the rooms or games closes.  Wait for a half hour after and see if there's a popup or if the lines are moving.  Also, try not to refresh or log out/log back in again after the rooms are removed.  I you do so, you'll have no way of knowing if the lines are moving...or where you are in the queue.  Blech...

I was surprised at how SLOW the queue moved after closing last night.  I really expected the numbers to drop like a rock.  When I DID get into the room, there were a bunch of people just standing at the entrance.  They could have all been afk, but I'm wondering if they were also people that had logged off game???  Since the system holds your place in the queue even if you log off or DC, that thought crossed me pea-sized thinker.  Just a thought.

Flamanar

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 05:12 PM »

Yeah, seems like the best thing to do now is never exit a queue when they remove the rooms or games closes.  Wait for a half hour after and see if there's a popup or if the lines are moving.  Also, try not to refresh or log out/log back in again after the rooms are removed.  I you do so, you'll have no way of knowing if the lines are moving...or where you are in the queue.  Blech...

I was surprised at how SLOW the queue moved after closing last night.  I really expected the numbers to drop like a rock.  When I DID get into the room, there were a bunch of people just standing at the entrance.  They could have all been afk, but I'm wondering if they were also people that had logged off game???  Since the system holds your place in the queue even if you log off or DC, that thought crossed me pea-sized thinker.  Just a thought.

Flamanar

That's a real interesting thought, Flame.  I have noticed how you don't lose your spot in queue when you get disconnected or need to refresh.  Which I LOVE!  Please don't change that, VFK!!  But it brings up the point of what happens when you sign out while still in queue?  Would your character actually enter the room when it gets down to 0? 

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 05:41 PM »

Flamanar

That's a real interesting thought, Flame.  I have noticed how you don't lose your spot in queue when you get disconnected or need to refresh.  Which I LOVE!  Please don't change that, VFK!!  But it brings up the point of what happens when you sign out while still in queue?  Would your character actually enter the room when it gets down to 0? 

Exactly what I was wondering.  Like if you were off game, but never exited the queue...does the VFK queue system still recognize your player as being ON game (since it treats your player as 'still in the queue')...and automatically bring your 'phantom character' into the teleporter room even though there is nobody online to control the character?  Can the VFK queue system differentiate between players that are ongame and those that are not???  I'm guessing that it can't...since you don't lose your place in the queue when you DC, crash or even log out and then back on again.  And if that's the case, it must be an absolute nightmare for the hosts who are trying to keep people moving to the teleporters.  That would get to me real quick...trying to constantly make 'judgment calls' as to who is really 'there'.  lol.

I'd love to know that ;)  There were lots of people standing motionless at the room entrance...which makes me wonder. :notme:

Flamanar
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:45 PM by flamanar »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up