VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teleporter game is on!!!  (Read 6426 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Teleporter game is on!!!
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:03 PM »

FYI:  harmony and fin teleporter game is on!  Prizes are chocolate bunny chairs and gold magic!

Flamanar

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Teleporter game is on!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30 PM »

Thanks Flame!  Don't know how long they do this game, but I am now in there hoping to get a shot.  :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 04:33 PM »

Thanks!  Got in queue at 313--maybe I have a shot at it this time.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:21 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!  Just logged in and 338 in Queue.  Hmmm wonder how long it's going for?   :hmmmm:

Good Luck All!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:24 PM »

Just got a popup that game ends at 8:30p.m. EST...and rooms have been taken off the queue.

Flamanar

wdwdreamin

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:30 PM »

I really wish they would tell us ahead of time how soon they plan to end these things.  I'm really sick and tired of wasting my time only to get shut out because the game is so short. 

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 05:41 PM »

I really wish they would tell us ahead of time how soon they plan to end these things.  I'm really sick and tired of wasting my time only to get shut out because the game is so short. 

Yup, I agree completely.  There should not be any excuse to NOT post announcements now, since it's obvious that the new Host Queue and Host Hunt systems are working correctly now.   :uhuh2:

I logged in, and logged right back out -- since I got the pop up that the game was ending in 10 minutes.   :lolg:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 05:52 PM »

Sigh, I had checked in with the game maybe 45 minutes before it started. Did my homework, and rechecking Nobs just as it is over, LOL
-PotOfGoldWench

wdwdreamin

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 05:58 PM »

Get this....about 15 minutes or so AFTER they say the game is over, they mention that everyone in line will get into the game.  AFTER many people probably had already given up.  Fortunately I'm stubborn and had left the queue up while I did some other things, so I may get in yet. 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:01 PM »

Get this....about 15 minutes or so AFTER they say the game is over, they mention that everyone in line will get into the game.  AFTER many people probably had already given up.  Fortunately I'm stubborn and had left the queue up while I did some other things, so I may get in yet. 

WHOA....yer right!  I had left everything open when the game ended and just came back and saw the popup on my screen!  Why the heck wouldn't they tell everyone that before they closed the game??? 

Flamanar

wdwdreamin

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:26 PM »

Well, I got my main character in and...picked the wrong porter!  However I had left my two extras in queue also and managed to get 2 chocolate bunnies with them.  So I have an extra for anyone who missed out tonight.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57 PM »

Okay, I'm not crazy then!  :doh:   I just logged back into the game, and get this game pop up saying if people were in queue they would still be able to play the host game.   With that, not 5 minutes later I get teleported to the Host room.  Picked a Bunny, I did!  I think I was very lucky to have logged back in just at that moment, not even knowing what was going on, or I would have missed my place in line apparently!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 07:09 PM »

Yeah, makes no sense why they waited till after the game to announce that.  I just got my person in...1.5 hours after the game closed?  I think they were in the 300 range when the game closed.  Sheesh... 

Harmony had abandoned her post apparently since there was no host in her room!  Flamanette said that VFK_Mintie was in Fins room.  Weird.

Congrats to those who were lucky enough to grab a bunny.  I'm not sure, but I think the Gold magic was a mistake.  Myself and Flamanette got one early on in the game...but they didn't announce that Gold magic would be the prize.  Again...weird.

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24 PM »

King spoke with Gail last week about the Host events. The inference was that the Host events are totally in the hosts hands. They leave Host events it seems pretty much up to Harmony and Fin. I would think that means the schedule, way things are run, etc. It seemed to us that if we want things changed with Host events, We need to give suggestions to Fin and Harmony when we see them.

Not sure that we are totally accurate in this, but that was the sense we got as we made some suggestions to them. So, maybe we need to bend the Hosts ears when we see them during events.  :hmmmm:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 09:59 PM »

King spoke with Gail last week about the Host events. The inference was that the Host events are totally in the hosts hands. They leave Host events it seems pretty much up to Harmony and Fin. I would think that means the schedule, way things are run, etc. It seemed to us that if we want things changed with Host events, We need to give suggestions to Fin and Harmony when we see them.

Not sure that we are totally accurate in this, but that was the sense we got as we made some suggestions to them. So, maybe we need to bend the Hosts ears when we see them during events.  :hmmmm:

I've heard the same thing, Wendy.  Host events/games are run when and how the hosts decide to do them.  Agreed that the people we need to talk to are the hosts if we have suggestions ;)

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:13 PM »

Well, seems that VFK_Mintie and VFK_Legend were in the Host Game rooms after the game ended... as the queue people were going through... so guess this means that Fin and Harmony went to The OUTBACK for dinner. :rofl1:

I was on with Flamanette, as I was waiting for guests to come to my home when the annoucement came! I managed to get in and win several chairs! Woot! However, did not know on the queue... So, when I checked, I saw one of my people IN the Host room and went, WHAT THE???? She picked the wrong porter too, rofl. I only missed one person not going in due to she was logged off and when she logged back on, her turn was done... sent a report... :boxing:
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:36 AM »

Oh drat!  Makes mental note to NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the queue no matter what the hosts say, LOL!

Yeah, I was still in line at 200+ something when they closed it.  So I just exited out of queue and then signed out of game.  Drat!

Lesson learned!   :P

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28 AM »

Yeah, seems like the best thing to do now is never exit a queue when they remove the rooms or games closes.  Wait for a half hour after and see if there's a popup or if the lines are moving.  Also, try not to refresh or log out/log back in again after the rooms are removed.  I you do so, you'll have no way of knowing if the lines are moving...or where you are in the queue.  Blech...

I was surprised at how SLOW the queue moved after closing last night.  I really expected the numbers to drop like a rock.  When I DID get into the room, there were a bunch of people just standing at the entrance.  They could have all been afk, but I'm wondering if they were also people that had logged off game???  Since the system holds your place in the queue even if you log off or DC, that thought crossed me pea-sized thinker.  Just a thought.

Flamanar

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 05:12 PM »

Yeah, seems like the best thing to do now is never exit a queue when they remove the rooms or games closes.  Wait for a half hour after and see if there's a popup or if the lines are moving.  Also, try not to refresh or log out/log back in again after the rooms are removed.  I you do so, you'll have no way of knowing if the lines are moving...or where you are in the queue.  Blech...

I was surprised at how SLOW the queue moved after closing last night.  I really expected the numbers to drop like a rock.  When I DID get into the room, there were a bunch of people just standing at the entrance.  They could have all been afk, but I'm wondering if they were also people that had logged off game???  Since the system holds your place in the queue even if you log off or DC, that thought crossed me pea-sized thinker.  Just a thought.

Flamanar

That's a real interesting thought, Flame.  I have noticed how you don't lose your spot in queue when you get disconnected or need to refresh.  Which I LOVE!  Please don't change that, VFK!!  But it brings up the point of what happens when you sign out while still in queue?  Would your character actually enter the room when it gets down to 0? 

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 05:41 PM »

Flamanar

That's a real interesting thought, Flame.  I have noticed how you don't lose your spot in queue when you get disconnected or need to refresh.  Which I LOVE!  Please don't change that, VFK!!  But it brings up the point of what happens when you sign out while still in queue?  Would your character actually enter the room when it gets down to 0? 

Exactly what I was wondering.  Like if you were off game, but never exited the queue...does the VFK queue system still recognize your player as being ON game (since it treats your player as 'still in the queue')...and automatically bring your 'phantom character' into the teleporter room even though there is nobody online to control the character?  Can the VFK queue system differentiate between players that are ongame and those that are not???  I'm guessing that it can't...since you don't lose your place in the queue when you DC, crash or even log out and then back on again.  And if that's the case, it must be an absolute nightmare for the hosts who are trying to keep people moving to the teleporters.  That would get to me real quick...trying to constantly make 'judgment calls' as to who is really 'there'.  lol.

I'd love to know that ;)  There were lots of people standing motionless at the room entrance...which makes me wonder. :notme:

Flamanar
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:45 PM by flamanar »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up