VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just had an "aww" I miss VMK moment :(  (Read 15123 times)

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
I just had an "aww" I miss VMK moment :(
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:48 PM »

The girls are watching Alice in Wonderland and I am in the next room.  I heard the music from VMK's Mad Hatter's Tea Room and got all excited for a second.  Then I realized it was just the tea party scene.   :'(  Aww, I guess I still miss VMK.  Has anyone else had any "Aww, I miss VMK" moments?
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
Re: I just had an "aww" I miss VMK moment :(
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:57 PM »

Hugs!
Yep, one in particular was this past Feb. Finally had a trip to Disneyland, had some time just wandering by myself that would have been perfect for doing in-park quests.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:58 AM »

April 7th, went to D'land for my birthday and as normal did the Peter Pan ride first.......

Major flashback as soon as I heard the music.
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

smackeralchick

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:31 PM »

We've been talking lately about Dlandchick's end of chemo next month, and we always say that we wish we could get on VMK with all of our friends to celebrate together with a closing dance. Cries :( :'( :cry: :'(

Smackeralchick

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:04 AM »

Oh wow- seems like we have those moments still everyday in my house. princessmadiro has not been the same since VMK closed. She has had a rough year. With the one year anniversary coming up she's been even more upset. Every time she plays a new online world it all comes back again to her about how there is no place like VMK and there never will be again.  :cry:

princess is fighting a head cold right now and we are to leave for WDW next week. Please pray she gets over this soon because i know this trip would mean the world to her and help bring back my little princess with the twinkle in her eye.

smackeralchick- I'm sorry we never met in VMK and didn't hear of Dlandchick's story until VMK closed. A very good friend of ours just finished chemo a year ago and is a one year survivor. I know how special VMK must have been to both of you and wish that it was still around for a celebration next month because it will be an awesome day to celebrate and a fitting venue at that. My prayers for complete healing and strength.
 :hug:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 06:01 AM »

Awe, I wish we had a place to meet up and celebrate. I posted on Lands thread asking what game she is playing so we can have a partythere. I am not sure if she is on VFK if so I could host a party for her. Let me know hugs Littlebelle.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Gosh yep! Miss VMK as it helped me through some rough times too. Miss some friends from VMK as well since I have not found them anywhere else.  :cry:

I can say though that with VFK there it does help fill that loss of VMK; and if VFK had not come along I may never have met some more of you other nice folks!  :bighug:

I love Peter Pan flight as well Papa and is the first ride I want to go on; and was so thrilled to have it in VMK to "tide me over" for those long-awaited trips to WDW.

Prayers to Dlandchick and Little Princess for health and strength.  :bighug:

smackeralchick

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 11:09 PM »

Awe, I wish we had a place to meet up and celebrate. I posted on Lands thread asking what game she is playing so we can have a partythere. I am not sure if she is on VFK if so I could host a party for her. Let me know hugs Littlebelle.

Aww, LittleBelle, that's so sweet :bighug:, but Land doesn't play any online games.  We tried VFK, small worlds, fairies, and something else I can't even remember, but she didn't really like any of them.  Not to mention she's always doing homework, so there's not time :'( :cry:.  Maybe over the summer she will do "OurWorld".

Thank you for all you've done.  And hey! I see you're going on a cruise! :thumb: :yes!:
Smackeralchick

smackeralchick

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 11:17 PM »

Oh wow- seems like we have those moments still everyday in my house. princessmadiro has not been the same since VMK closed. She has had a rough year. With the one year anniversary coming up she's been even more upset. Every time she plays a new online world it all comes back again to her about how there is no place like VMK and there never will be again.  :cry:

princess is fighting a head cold right now and we are to leave for WDW next week. Please pray she gets over this soon because i know this trip would mean the world to her and help bring back my little princess with the twinkle in her eye.

smackeralchick- I'm sorry we never met in VMK and didn't hear of Dlandchick's story until VMK closed. A very good friend of ours just finished chemo a year ago and is a one year survivor. I know how special VMK must have been to both of you and wish that it was still around for a celebration next month because it will be an awesome day to celebrate and a fitting venue at that. My prayers for complete healing and strength.
 :hug:

Thank you for the prayers and good wishes.  I hope that your Princess is feeling better and that you are able to have a magical time in WDW :msmile:.  I also feel like VMK was an irreplaceable place where you could always find a friend, and I wish Disney could have found  a way to let us play indefinitely.  Dlandchick actually wanted to ask Make-a-Wish to have Disney bring VMK back, as her wish, but we knew it was no use.  Boo Disney :mad: :bm:

Hugs and pixie dust to your family.
Smackeralchick

smackeralchick

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 11:21 PM »

Gosh yep! Miss VMK as it helped me through some rough times too. Miss some friends from VMK as well since I have not found them anywhere else.  :cry:

I can say though that with VFK there it does help fill that loss of VMK; and if VFK had not come along I may never have met some more of you other nice folks!  :bighug:

I love Peter Pan flight as well Papa and is the first ride I want to go on; and was so thrilled to have it in VMK to "tide me over" for those long-awaited trips to WDW.

Prayers to Dlandchick and Little Princess for health and strength.  :bighug:

Thank you, Funfly, for the prayers and hugs. That was the best thing about VMK--all the really nice strangers that became caring friends. :cry: :'(. Woot for VMK friends :drinkingtoast:
Smackeralchick

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 11:41 AM »

The girls are watching Alice in Wonderland and I am in the next room.  I heard the music from VMK's Mad Hatter's Tea Room and got all excited for a second.  Then I realized it was just the tea party scene.   :'(  Aww, I guess I still miss VMK.  Has anyone else had any "Aww, I miss VMK" moments?
~Dream

I miss it too and I guess I will miss even more since the date of nearly one year is coming :s The worst is that there is really no games like VMK :(

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 07:33 AM »

It seems to happen every few days for me. I see my stitch hat and think about vmk. :cry:
Sadly none of the games realy keep my interest as much as VMK did. I'm a few of them, but not as much as I was with VMK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up