VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: POTC Online Beta  (Read 36335 times)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
POTC Online Beta
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:12 PM »

I got a code to enter the beta site and play!!  Anyone else?
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

SaraAriel

Re: POTC Online Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:59 AM »

I did!  I got it just before I left for vacation last week.   It's a bit different than what I expected, but I really like it so far. Certain things about it remind me of SL.  I'd really like to see more of Jack Sparrow though.  That little teaser at the beginning just wasn't enough for me  ;)

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:38 AM »

??? What is this, and where is it? I might have been in a cave for a while, as I seem to have missed something.  :notme:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

SaraAriel

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:11 AM »

It is the Pirates of the Caribbean online game that will go live sometime this Spring.  Here is the link where you can sign up to be a beta tester, although from what I hear, it is very random as to who gets chosen.  http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates  I applied last year for it as did many other friends of mine, yet very few were chosen  :(  It will have a monthly or annual fee to play once it goes live, I'm not sure which.  Check out the site.  There are many pictures of the game and it really is quite addicting already!  I've already warned the husband to get ready to start paying.

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 04:52 PM »

From what I understand it will be available free to everyone.  I am thinking they will do what many other online worlds have done and let anyone have a free account, then offer a premium (paid) membership as well.  Lori had posted a link on Dis some time back to a press release where Paul Yanover announced it would be available free.  As far as the beta testers go I'm guessing they continue to add as time goes on?  If anyone hasn't signed up yet, I don't think its too late. 
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

PirateDaisy

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:02 PM »

Woot, it has begun!! I have yet to receive a code but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I soon do. I also signed up last year when it was posted *ahem* in that other place. Aaarrr Mateys!!!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:43 AM »

Woot, it has begun!! I have yet to receive a code but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I soon do. I also signed up last year when it was posted *ahem* in that other place. Aaarrr Mateys!!!

Me too Daisy......of to Tortuga! :thumbs:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

SaraAriel

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 11:54 AM »

I got a code to enter the beta site and play!!  Anyone else?

Are you having any major problems with it?  Up until Wednesday morning, I was able to enter the buildings without a problem.  Now when I enter, I just get a black screen.  I've sent them messages about it, but have not heard back other than a computer generated email.

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 08:08 PM »

heh, i got a code, though can't play the game because it doesn't support macs... go figure :(

I heart my toaster

SaraAriel

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 06:58 AM »

For whatever reason, I got a second beta key, which worked out well because SillyQueen had not gotten one yet.  I can't wait to find you there finally Queen!

After the massive game update on Friday, they deleted all the old avatars and we all have to start back at the beginning again.  Some things are a bit different now, like the ad banners at the top of the online game screen.  I find them to be very distracting.  I'm wondering if they'll still be there when the game goes live  :-\ 

cegirl

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 06:53 PM »

I'm in.  I really haven't figured much out.   

My name is Betty Blackcastle.  They wouldn't let me have "cegirl"  :'(

hrhkit

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 07:19 PM »

I am Kat Seafury. I have played once. I keep letting my kids play instead lol. It does seem pretty cool though!

~Kit

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 01:32 PM »

Heh, i finally got to play. It's kinda cool, but right I am confused what to do, though. I think the game itself needs some work.

I heart my toaster

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 11:39 AM »

heh, i got a code, though can't play the game because it doesn't support macs... go figure :(
Arg!   :wtf:

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 03:27 PM »

Arg!   :wtf:

I know :(, But i did read that they are coming out with a mac version soon... but who knows

I heart my toaster

SaraAriel

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 04:30 PM »

I'm not sure how many of you play POTCO, but the Beta testers received this email a week or so ago. 

Quote from: POTCO Email
As many of you know, we have been in Phase 1 of Beta testing for a few months and have received some great feedback and data to assist us as we continue the process of developing Pirates of the Caribbean Online. We really appreciate all the interest you've shown in the game and your willingness to be involved.

Our end goal is simple -- make a great game! In order to achieve this, we believe we need some additional development time and have decided to move the launch of the game to this Fall. This gives us some extra time to further enhance the game, respond to additional data we've collected during Beta testing, and incorporate more of the input we have received from you, our players.

As part of this process, we will conclude Phase 1 of Beta testing at noon (PDT) on July 16 and plan to resume Phase 2 of the Beta test with a new game build in September. Please note: As a Beta tester from Phase 1, you will automatically have access to Phase 2 -- there is no need to sign up again.

In the meantime, we have some exciting things coming your way -- including a brand-new Web site, community contests, more updates from the development team, and tons of updated game assets. You can continue to get all of this information and more at: piratesonline.com.

Since the beta phase 1 is ending tomorrow at noon, a very large group of VMK'ers are partying it up there tonight, starting at 8:00pm EST at Padres Del Fuego, 6th sea, at the dock if anyone would like to meet up there!  I'll be missing POTCO a bit too much :psad:

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 10:46 PM »

I hope phase 2 will have the mac version, because it's a pain in the butt to use the PC we have... it's super slow.. it takes like an hour to load up from sleep mode  :cpuhurl:... i would definitely play it more if they had the mac version, though with school around the corner, i know what to play when i have study groups at the computer lab :pnotme:... just kidding

I heart my toaster
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up