VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Host Hunt System 4-5-09  (Read 6823 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
NEW Host Hunt System 4-5-09
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:08 PM »

The VFK Host Hunts are now using a new system to recognize winners and award prizes. These processes are now done automatically, erasing the "human error" element naturally present during Host Hunt events. This new system will make it easier for Hosts to run these events and should make Host Hunts run more smoothly and perhaps enable more players to win during the event. This post is to give people information on the new system and how to use it correctly during a Host Hunt.

This new system was first tested after hours on April 5, 2009. The following was an in game message communicating to players that the Host Hunt was testing a new system:

This is how the new Host Hunt System works...

1. You must type the phrase for the host hunt exactly how it appears on the pop up message in game.
    example: I found HOST_Harmony  or  I found HOST_Fin
    note: the host name will appear in red on your toolbar in game until a host enters the room. Example: I found HOST_Harmony
            *don't let this confuse you, this is part of how the new system works.

2. Once the Hunt begins, the system is activated and the first person to say the phrase I found HOST_Harmony/I found HOST_Fin has their chat appear in a blue bubble:

*Once the first person finds the host and the blue text bubble appears, no other players can say the Host Hunt phrase until a new round begins.

3. The Host prize is then awarded automatically with this new system. Below is a pop up of the award message:

4. The Hosts announce the winners, reset the system and hide for a new round. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I personally think this new sytem is as good as it gets in making these Host Hunt events as fair as they can possibly be. It should make things run more quickly between rounds since prizes are awarded automatically and there will be no disagreements over who said the Host Hunt phrase first.

The Host Hunt is still an interesting beast, but this system does seem to make it more fair and probably much easier for the Hosts.

***I am going to make this a sticky for now, so that everyone has a chance to become familiar with the new system and how it works.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: NEW Host Hunt System 4-5-09
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for posting Princess!   :hug:

Certainly seems like there should be no more fighting on who said what first anymore for sure!  I'm all for getting rid of human error!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: NEW Host Hunt System 4-5-09
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:45 AM »

This system, would eventually be further updated, to be even fairer.  Instead of always knowing ahead of time what to say, thereby having it typed as much as possible ahead of time,  the hosts began making up a phrase to be typed/said.  An example:  "I LOVE blueberry pancakes!"  Each host had their own phrase during a game, making it that much more difficult to "plan" for it.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: [1]   Go Up