VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yay! The ride is great!  (Read 11215 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Yay! The ride is great!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:24 AM »

I've been stuck on the loading screen into the ride room for over 7 minutes now.  Not sure what to do.  Should I just quit and jump back into queue?  Although I really hate to give up... I bet the queue going to be sooooooo long now.  Stink!

Anyone else having problems with the room loading?  

I had started a ride, got to the teleporter to send me to the next room.. got the loading screen.. and that was it.  I waited 10 minutes and the second ride room still had not even attempted to load.  I finally gave up and started over.  (sorry I can't give you better news)

Yup, same here -- rooms were not loading.  Gave up and would start all over again.   :cpuhammer:

I had no idea that the event was going to end, I assumed it would be going until close.  I started rather late, as it starts right at dinner time for me.   

I'm hoping for better luck this weekend maybe, now that I know at least what to expect.   :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 03:19 PM »

Rides are up and running again - giving out left and turn ride pieces! Oh, and did I miss this yesterday or is it new? There is music in all of the ride rooms! Woot! We rode through once and are off to small group for our All Church Journey. I got some pics of the purple ride tonight though!  :thumb:

Have Fun Everyone!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 04:42 PM »

I'm not sure about the music, but I thought I did hear it yesterday.   :??:

What I think is new today too, is the ability to leave a queue you have joined.  Nice addition!  In case you got in the wrong line.   :notme:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09 AM »

OK, Astro, I wondered if I had missed the music yesterday. I sometimes keep my sound down if I have multiple screens open on VFK. "Marshmallow World" on three screens at the same time does not sound pretty!  :P

I do love the new "Exit Queue" button. Nice addition!  :thumb:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 05:59 AM »

Here's a nice tip if you are running mutiple tabs to be in queue for more than one color (you may already do this, but I thought I'd share) :

Once you collect your piece, you can re-join the line right away!  Then what we do is actually get off of the ride (unless of course you want to continue....), refresh that person NOTE: use the back button, NOT the refresh symobol!!

This keeps your place in the queue, and we have found that it greatly reduces the number of total "crash outs" during the four hours of waiting in line.  We have three active players to collect pieces for (Hero has actually already made his first ride...go Hero    :2thunbs: ) so we are running multiple tabs on two computers.

Lest you all think that *I* am the brains of this outfit:  this tip comes from the Flame man himself!!  I can't take credit for, as I did not listen to him at first, and I continued to crash out last night....    :doh:   :mad:

TTFN

~ .it ~

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49 AM »

refresh that person NOTE: use the back button, NOT the refresh symobol!!

This keeps your place in the queue, and we have found that it greatly reduces the number of total "crash outs" during the four hours of waiting in line.

I have gotten stuck before on the host ride room not loading at all, and have used either the refresh symbol, or had completely logged in again --- I still had my same place in queue.  (I really applaude  :clap1:   VFK for perfecting this feature of not losing your spot in line when dc'ing, crashing or completely closing the browser)

I'm just wondering then what the actual difference is between using the back button vs. the refesh symbol -- because I personally don't know??   :??:

Thanks for your help!   :waveh:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47 AM »

I feeel like Charlie Brown. I read what it said to go to other rooms because some were giving out random well thats the jiff I got. Would you believe I got 16 right corners. I will be building a big circle.  :rofl1: What are the odds if they are truely saying that the prize does change in some rooms to get all right corners. So I stayed on Fin's green ride all the time. Well the good news I can just buy the lefts :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:37 AM by littlebelle »

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 10:49 AM »

This keeps your place in the queue, and we have found that it greatly reduces the number of total "crash outs" during the four hours of waiting in line.

I have gotten stuck before on the host ride room not loading at all, and have used either the refresh symbol, or had completely logged in again --- I still had my same place in queue.  (I really applaude  :clap1:   VFK for perfecting this feature of not losing your spot in line when dc'ing, crashing or completely closing the browser)

I'm just wondering then what the actual difference is between using the back button vs. the refesh symbol -- because I personally don't know??   :??:

OK, let me try to explain the difference between using the "back" button and the "refresh" button:

I usually have four VFK windows open (four characters, as I collect the pieces for 2 active players).  If I am on Flamanette's tab and hit the "Refresh" button, it logs on as the last person who I logged on as, which most likely was NOT Flamanette;  so that makes the current tab for THAT person DC.

Using the "back" button when I am on Flamanette's tab takes me to the VFK log on page, and I simply log back on as her.

Did that help any?  Maybe it works differently for different browsers, but I think Flame does it this way for the same reason...you don't want to log on as the last person you opened if you are running multiple VFK tabs.

~ .it ~

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:52 AM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 01:56 PM »

I've never done tabs....but I do open different windows like 3 windows for me and 2 spares. I use refresh button for each of those and it stays on that person ok. So If I put it as tabs in 1 window then I would need to use back button?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 02:32 PM »

OK, let me try to explain the difference between using the "back" button and the "refresh" button:

I usually have four VFK windows open (four characters, as I collect the pieces for 2 active players).  If I am on Flamanette's tab and hit the "Refresh" button, it logs on as the last person who I logged on as, which most likely was NOT Flamanette;  so that makes the current tab for THAT person DC.

Using the "back" button when I am on Flamanette's tab takes me to the VFK log on page, and I simply log back on as her.

Did that help any?  Maybe it works differently for different browsers, but I think Flame does it this way for the same reason...you don't want to log on as the last person you opened if you are running multiple VFK tabs.

~ .it ~

Ah, okay.  Got it!   ;)  Thanks for the clarification!  This is a scenario basically if you're using tabs, that's why I was confused -- I wasn't using any tabs.  So, if you're just talking about 1 character, it makes no difference I imagine on which way you choose to refresh that character -- because you won't end up dc'ing any others anyway.

I've never done tabs....but I do open different windows like 3 windows for me and 2 spares. I use refresh button for each of those and it stays on that person ok. So If I put it as tabs in 1 window then I would need to use back button?

Me either Fun.  I have had a few browser windows open before, but quite honestly lag is too terrible for me to put up with that headache.  :cpuhammer:   When I had more than 1 browser window open, I would just use the refresh button too, and it stayed on the same character too.

I would assume you are correct, if you were to use Tabs, then use the back button (not the refresh button) is what I now understand as well from Flamanette. 

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 02:34 PM »

That is my understanding Fun and Astro, although I do it like you two, using multiple screens and not one screen with multiple tabs. When I have multiple screens open, I can use the refresh without problems. If I am using one browser window with multiple tabs, that is when refresh can cause the problems Flamanette described.

I also refresh each screen after I've received a prize and get back into a new queue. I am with Astro, kudos to VFK for creating a queue that keeps your place even if you crash, dc, or close a browser. With the new Exit Queue choice, it seems they have their queue system working pretty darn well!  :thumb:

Happy riding tonight everyone!  :surf:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up