VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I might need a 3rd life!  (Read 20473 times)

SaraAriel

I think I might need a 3rd life!
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:49 PM »

So I decided to finally check out Second Life this weekend.  I made my person and went to Orientation Island.  I had absolutely no clue what I was doing at all, and yes I might have had a couple of beers to make even the simplest tasks seem even more daunting :notme:  But I digress.  I was at an area where there were mirrors/pictures of body shapes and I clicked on the mirrors and whatever else there was to click.  I got some type of a message that said to click if I wanted to save changes, which I did.  And low and behold, right before my eyes, my butt grew HUGE :hypno:  I'm not talking I ate a Snickers bar and my jeans got a little tight.  I mean it's of mammoth proportions!  I like my little virtual characters to at least have a better body then I do in real life  :lol: How on Earth do I get my butt back to it's normal size without having to join an exercise program?  Feel free to pick fun at the SL clueless newbie :crazy:  I can take it!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:36 PM by SaraAriel »

bezoar

Re: I think I might need a 3rd life!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:29 AM »

How on Earth do I get my butt back to it's normal size without having to join an exercise program?  Feel free to pick fun at the SL clueless newbie :crazy:  I can take it!

The joy of SL!

Don't worry, no dieting or exercise needed.

Right click on your avatar and you should get an option like "Change appearance." Then, you'll have a BAZILLION different options to change every last tiny feature of your body. "Avatar" shaping is actually quite an artform (or so I am told, because I sure can't do it well...). When you are done, you click the Save button, and you can save just the body shape, or body shape with outfit, or any subset of the above.

The cool thing is that you can save as many different "sets" of Appearance settings as you want, and each one will get saved in a different folder. Then, if you ever feel the need to re-experience the Huge Butt of Doom, you can always go back to that saved setting.

SaraAriel

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:02 AM »

Thank you!  I'm happy to report that I got my size issues under control without giving up a single candy bar.  Now if only I could quit flashing people all the time :lol:
SL sure is a lot to take in, but I have not laughed so hard in quite a long time.  SillyQueen joined me yesterday and what followed after that was pure hysteria!  We need to figure out how to earn money now.  Some VMK friends on there directed us to money trees and camps, and showed us their shops and told us about their jobs, but I'm thinking there just has to be another way to make money.  We'll keep exploring and see what we can find!  Although, my exploring lead me to some very interesting places last night  :o

Then, if you ever feel the need to re-experience the Huge Butt of Doom, you can always go back to that saved setting.

:lol:  That is the perfect title for it!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 06:03 AM by SaraAriel »

bezoar

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26 PM »

Your sig reminds me of one I saw in the SL forums. Something like:

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

SaraAriel

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 12:43 PM »

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

:lol: :lol:
Love it!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 01:44 PM »

How nice!  No more utility bills for heating!!  :lol:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Disney Dreams

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 02:57 PM »

However long or short that may be?   :lol:

SaraAriel

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 02:24 PM »

I'm finding my way around SL much better now, although I don't think I've even made a dent in everything there is to see and do.  Starting on SL with SillyQueen and having us both clueless has been wonderful!  It's been so much fun discovering things together.  Although, we have both literally cried from laughing so hard all week.  We've had quite an eventful first week for a couple of newbies with no money.  We have been kiteboarding, go kart racing, rode a unicorn, sunbathed, rode a killer whale, surfed, visited Graceland and met Elvis who took us for a ride in his hot rod car, rode cows (total fits of laughter!), drove a helicopter, boat, motorcycle, hot air balloon, shot off some fireworks, and even found giant pogo sticks in the shape of something I won't mention at the moment ???   Not to mention the tons of places we visited, even the places that made us blush!  I can't begin to imagine what the next week will bring.

Big hugs to you Queen for going on this adventure with me  :grouphug:

bezoar

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 03:08 PM »

Glad to hear you're having a great time -- sounds like you've done more exploring in your first few days, than I've done in a couple of months!

I don't think I've seen either of you on SL?

SaraAriel

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 05:50 AM »

Glad to hear you're having a great time -- sounds like you've done more exploring in your first few days, than I've done in a couple of months!

I don't think I've seen either of you on SL?

Honestly, we haven't interacted with too many people since we've been on, other than some other VMK friends that we have there.  We've just been having such silly fun!  I'd love to meet up with you or anyone else!  Neither of us have land or a house or anything so we're always just out exploring the public areas.  I am Mermaidia Sands and Silly is Queensmama Graves. 

SillyQueen

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 02:28 PM »

This whole experience of SL has opened my eyes to what VMK could be but will never be.  :-\
But I have to say that our first week on SL has been more fun than I have had since ...well ever...in the virtual world. I didnt not think I would ever cry laughing and yet it happened, on a cow with my bestest bud Ariel. I never had any intention of visiting SL until she told me about gigantic rump. But alas I have been tainted, and I know that there is virtual life outside VMK.  :what:
We are open to what may come in the future!

bezoar

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:41 AM »

I *completely* agree with you.

Disney will never be able to brought over to SL, because the negative publicity would be crushing.

And yet, Disney is so protective of their Copyright, that we can't even just take over a Sim, and build a VMK that SHOULD have been, without getting sued to pieces.

Kinda sucks.

But on the other hand, it's fun that even after a couple months in SL, I still run into things that are just truly LOL funny.
Pages: [1]   Go Up