Sports (Fanatasy & RL) > Olympics

Poor Birds Nest

(1/1)

CheezeStudios:
While I didn't watch the Olympics, I did however, love the architecture and general design of the Bird's Nest stadium. I was upset to read the article posted below.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-birdsnestfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

BooLani:
sad really, could have stayed as a nice stadium, if they're wanting to make money from it, they could have hosted so many sporting events or concerts, shows, pretty much anything....

.... although if it goes anything like the millennium dome in London, who knows if they will actually keep to their plans, what is the dome now? offices? :sleep:

CheezeStudios:

--- Quote from: BooLani on January 30, 2009, 07:26 PM ---sad really, could have stayed as a nice stadium, if they're wanting to make money from it, they could have hosted so many sporting events or concerts, shows, pretty much anything....

.... although if it goes anything like the millennium dome in London, who knows if they will actually keep to their plans, what is the dome now? offices? :sleep:

--- End quote ---

who knows, unfortunately.

Astro:
Such a shame.  Such a beautiful stadium.

And the cost they listed to maintain it for a year.   :ahh:

CheezeStudios:

--- Quote from: AstroGigiblue on January 31, 2009, 05:42 AM ---Such a shame.  Such a beautiful stadium.

And the cost they listed to maintain it for a year.   :ahh:

--- End quote ---

Yeah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version