VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet a third chance to make the Ball on Friday, new things & server info  (Read 4183 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Happy New Year!

We want to thank everyone for coming to the New Year's Ball tonight, we set another record.

In fact, we had so many attending the ball that it took our new servers down which were added just for the Happy New Year's Ball.

Our staff will be working overnight to add more servers, and as part of the New Year's celebration we will have another New Year's Ball on Friday night at the same time, 5:00 PM Pacific Time.

In addition to the elegant new hair style released for the ladies this evening, we will have a silver and gold tiara available for tomorrow night's ball, as well as an overskirt for the gown. The gentlemen will also have two new hair styles available.

There will also be more surprises and exciting events all day tomorrow leading up to the Friday night Happy New Year's Ball.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

and there we have our answer for our log in troubles last night :) Yup the ball and fireworks.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic

After getting home from New Year's Day dinner with some pals, I checked out VFK around 11:30 pm Pacific.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the ball room and balcony both open.  I just happened to walk onto the balcony as the fireworks show started.  Once again, VFK's cleverness was apparent in full force with the show.  I found myself ooing and ahhing as if I was watching real fireworks!   :clap1:

The only problem I experienced is that I cannot get my character to dance.  I just got a new computer so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the settings??  Anybody have any clues?  I probably need to contact VFK.

Happy New Year, everybody!!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....

To dance you do need to wear the ballroom dress (top and skirt parts) then use Control Key and click on your person....

I do know others said you had to have skin color in top row selected (not sure if it's true or not); and you might have to refresh once.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

To dance you do need to wear the ballroom dress (top and skirt parts) then use Control Key and click on your person....

I do know others said you had to have skin color in top row selected (not sure if it's true or not); and you might have to refresh once.

Well Disco my friend.. guess the boys aren't meant to dance then huh?  Although I bet you'd look gorgeous in a gown!  (Weren't the boys always the wall flowers anyway? :lolg: )

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic

ROLF PD, or should I say Disco Duck??  :laugh2:  Somehow I just think VFK may have some issues if I paraded through VFK in the ballroom gowns.  :lolg:

But, seriously, thanks to Funfly for trying to help.  Your heart was in the right place and that's what is important.  :thumb:

I visited VFK on my work computer (Ssshh!  Don't tell. ;) ) and I was dancing up a storm in my Mushroom Lounge Disco room (complete with a multicolored dance floor which I figured out how to actually dance on)!  So, I copied down the settings and I'll compare with my new computer at home.  Hopefully, it's just a matter of checking off a box somewhere in Internet Options!

Wish me luck!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

ROLF PD, or should I say Disco Duck??  :laugh2:  Somehow I just think VFK may have some issues if I paraded through VFK in the ballroom gowns.  :lolg:

But, seriously, thanks to Funfly for trying to help.  Your heart was in the right place and that's what is important.  :thumb:

I visited VFK on my work computer (Ssshh!  Don't tell. ;) ) and I was dancing up a storm in my Mushroom Lounge Disco room (complete with a multicolored dance floor which I figured out how to actually dance on)!  So, I copied down the settings and I'll compare with my new computer at home.  Hopefully, it's just a matter of checking off a box somewhere in Internet Options!

Wish me luck!

Ooops!   :shy: Sorry, I was rushing my typing answer then

...I meant to say ballroom dress or tux but not sure if you needed the shoes too. *unless you wanted to try wearng the dress..hehe*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:09 PM by funfly »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Well Disco my friend.. guess the boys aren't meant to dance then huh?  Although I bet you'd look gorgeous in a gown!  (Weren't the boys always the wall flowers anyway? :lolg: )

Might I suggest the Monster's-Sulley-blue shade gown?   :lolg:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:41 PM by funfly »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II

I think it would be a hit if they had a weekly dance.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up