VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: News on Winter Woods, Quests and faster access  (Read 10243 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
News on Winter Woods, Quests and faster access
« on: December 19, 2008, 04:18 PM »

Tinker-Talent, Winter Woods, Quests, and More!
Posted by: KitDecember 19, 2008

Fly with you Fairies, and welcome to all the new tinker-talents! If you haven't flown by Cottonpuff Field today, it's time you did -- Tinker Bell finished clearing the path to Tinker's Nook! You'll be able to find Tink there, as well as Fawn over in her hideout in Maple Tree Hill and Silvermist in her grotto in Dewdrop Vale. All of them have things to talk to you about and adventures for you to go on, so stop by for a visit! And when your wings get warm from all that flapping, fly on over to Winter Woods to cool down in one of the two new meadows!

In other news, you may have noticed getting to the Hollow just got faster! We made some behind-the-scenes changes to get you in quicker -- so much quicker, that you might get there before your Friends List or your Leaf Journal! If that happens to you, don't worry -- your Friends List, Chat Bar, Leaf Journal, Pouch, and Access to your Fairy Home will all appear as soon as they are ready.

PSST! Secret tip! A little change was made to Spider Stitching in the tailoring nooks. Here's how: Place your stitches when you let go of the mouse button, instead of when you press it down. Give it a try and let us know if you like the change!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
Re: News on Winter Woods, Quests and faster access
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22 PM »

new map w/Cottonpuff Field, Snowcap and Evergreen Overlook

new collectibles: snowflakes and pine needles

new quests page in leaf journal

access to Silvermist in Dewdrop Vale

this comes up for each fairy's place

Silvermist's Grotto

access to Fawn in Maple Tree Hill

Fawn's Hideout

access to Tink in Cottonpuff Field

Tink's Nook

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:40 PM »

Oh my goodness...someone's been awful busy lately!  Nice additions! I'll have to check those out one of these days.  :thumb:

Thanks for posting!  :hug:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 01:21 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for posting Ducky!   :hug:  Neat stuff! 

So I take it that we can quest, even if we're not a paying member?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 01:29 PM »

Interesting question.  I didn't have time to try it so just took the pics.  I certainly hope we can.. will try it shortly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 01:49 PM »

Interesting question.  I didn't have time to try it so just took the pics.  I certainly hope we can.. will try it shortly.

I did a quest from Tink and got shoes as reward (they are different colors depending on your fairy's water/animal/etc)......I started a quest from Fawn I think next, but didn't finish it.

I can tell you that Tink would not give me another quest....I think you have to be paying member for any other quests from Tink, at least at this time.  Hard to tell since I'm not a paying member.....Disney $$$$$

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 02:21 PM »

I went to Silvermist, and then Fawn, and both said they had nothing for me to do.  So the only quest is the one with Tink.

Yes I too got shoes to go with my talent, and also got the same message that the next quest was for members only.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 04:03 PM »

First, I will say that flying around to different Meadows is Sooooo much faster!   :2thunbs:

Secondly, about these quests.  Thanks Fun and Ducky for the responses.   :hug:   I also logged in and tried it out.  It seems to me that we can do 1 Quest, from each Fairy (Tink, Fawn and Silvermist).  After you complete those quests, the next series are only for paying members.

I got a pair of Puffies Shoes in Yellow from Tink.

I got a set of Forest Bins (3 food storage containers) in Bunnyrose Pink (decoration for the house) from Fawn.

I'm stuck on Silvermist's quest, because she wants me to score 6,000 points in water web... which will take some time.  And I have hardly played that game to know what I'm doing.   :blush2:  But, after the quest is done, I'm sure she gives some prize.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 04:26 PM »

First, I will say that flying around to different Meadows is Sooooo much faster!   :2thunbs:

Secondly, about these quests.  Thanks Fun and Ducky for the responses.   :hug:   I also logged in and tried it out.  It seems to me that we can do 1 Quest, from each Fairy (Tink, Fawn and Silvermist).  After you complete those quests, the next series are only for paying members.

I got a set of Forest Bins (3 food storage containers) in Bunnyrose Pink (decoration for the house) from Fawn.

I'm stuck on Silvermist's quest, because she wants me to score 6,000 points in water web... which will take some time.  And I have hardly played that game to know what I'm doing.   :blush2:  But, after the quest is done, I'm sure she gives some prize.

HEY!!  How come Fawn and Silvermist like you?  They both told me there was no quest for me to do!  :tongue3: Dumbo fairies! :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 04:58 PM »

HEY!!  How come Fawn and Silvermist like you?  They both told me there was no quest for me to do!  :tongue3: Dumbo fairies! :lolg:

ROFL!    :rofl1:   Honestly, I did nothing special.

I don't know.  Maybe just maybe, because you have to visit them in order.   ;)  I think you have to finish Tink's Quest first, and then visit Fawn again and then Silvermist again.   :hmmmm:

If that doesn't work, bribe them.   :lolg:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 06:11 PM »

I went to Silvermist, and then Fawn, and both said they had nothing for me to do.  So the only quest is the one with Tink.

Yes I too got shoes to go with my talent, and also got the same message that the next quest was for members only.

I had to complete the quest with Tink first....then went back to Fawn who gave me a quest (at which point to win her prize I had to "donate" an item from my decorations again due to no room in my inventory again...and then I could get prize of the Forest Bins Bunnyrose Pink from Fawn too.

And since I had to delete an item from decoration..I picked something from our list here for Secret Codes; then tried to enter Secret Code of that item I deleted....did NOT let me get it back.  So be sure you delete something you don't want.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 07:24 PM »

Got the web thing.... I knew we could click to put web down....but just found out that we can click on it again to remove what we put down. Got 6,000 in no time.   Next step was moving fishies in bubbles 3,000 points I think, got that one too. now collecting 20 spider silks....then 5 roses; prize was rosy pillow (did this on spare because I did not want to delete yet another decoration from my main....)  :bm:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:04 PM by funfly »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 09:34 PM »

Got the web thing.... I knew we could click to put web down....but just found out that we can click on it again to remove what we put down. Got 6,000 in no time.   Next step was moving fishies in bubbles 3,000 points I think, got that one too. now collecting 20 spider silks....then 5 roses; prize was rosy pillow (did this on spare because I did not want to delete yet another decoration from my main....)  :bm:

Woot Fun!   :clapping:

Thanks for the tip.  I didn't know we could remove webs either.   :doh:   I'll have to try this tomorrow.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 03:32 PM »

MUCH MUCH EASIER to do that Water Web Game by deleting the webs we don't need!   :doh:   Thanks Fun!   :hug:

Also, in case anybody isn't aware... if you do have the needed items the fairies ask for during your quest in your inventory already, you don't need to go out and find them.  Just click on the button again that you are delivering the needed items, and it should advance you to the next required task in the quest you are on.

Also, Silvermist (I think?)  gives another quest to ALL Members after the Rosy Pillow.  You get a Snow Blanket in Snowflake Blue as a prize.  Cute stuff!   :thumb:

I checked back with all the Fairies again, and so far that is it for Quests.  The remainder of Quests that are up are only for paying members.  :(

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 04:45 PM »

I hate to admit it, but the rooms happen to be very pretty. ;)

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Stormy

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41 PM »

After being a non-paying member since the beginning of November and really digging it I asked for a membership from my husband for Yule. I have been a on bunch of the quests and received the following items (I may be forgetting some things):

Two skirts, two pairs of shoes (1 pair from quest everyone can go on and one pair from member only quest), wind chimes, crystal ball thing, kettle (very similar to the one from secret codes), blue prints?, and I think some other stuff I am forgetting. The sight is down right now for me to check.

As for membership I didn't really want to give Disney my money but I really wanted to change my clothes and make clothes so I felt it was worth it. Unfortunately you cannot share the stuff you buy with your other fairies. That being said I am happy I spent the money and I am excited about making my fairy house and outfits really cool. OK I have no life . . . shhhh don't tell anyone. :waveb:
Pages: [1]   Go Up