VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yensid Club House, Come Inside, It's Fun Inside  (Read 17808 times)

Bellboy

Yensid Club House, Come Inside, It's Fun Inside
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:01 AM »

I started building a new clubhouse for us to congregate at, and plot the disnification of SL.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/399694351_36ff8b9567_o.jpg
Thanks to the Big B for some land.

Mod changed one letter, to protect the identity of the innocent ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:02 AM by bezoar »

hrhkit

Re: Yensid Club House, Come Inside, It's Fun Inside
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:09 AM »

Oh, awesome! Let me know what I can do to help. But please go slow when you do, cause I don't understand that scripting, prim stuff you guys talk about. ;)

Califgirl

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10 AM »

That is amazing.  I don't even play second life and now I wanna come join your clubhouse!

hrhkit

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:52 AM »

That is amazing.  I don't even play second life and now I wanna come join your clubhouse!

OH, come on girl...come play with us! :)

bezoar

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27 AM »

Ooh, that looks awesome!

If together we have the time, skill, creativity and patience to build a nice place, but are lacking in space / prim allotment, I'd really be happy to purchase more land, and pay monthly land tier, for everyone to share (even with the current exorbitant land prices).

I think that a shared space for all of us would be more fun than if the few of us who become "premium members" hold our own separate tiny parcels, but of course if you want your own land, that's totally understandable too.

(If we do end up with more land, and if other premium members have extra "land tier" that's not being used, we can talk later about "donating tier" to the group. If this means nothing to you, don't worry about it.)

I think we can figure out where our interests lie.
  • It looks like Bellboy has got real nice 3D-building skill (and from a picture he showed me, probably textures too!) To learn more about building in SL, go to the Ivory Tower of Prims, for tutorials
  • If you know Photoshop / Paintshop Pro well, putting textures ON to builds can make a HUGE difference.
  • Once we have a wall to put things on, I thought I could easily script a picture frame that cycled through pictures that we've taken in Disney parks (using photos off the web would violate copyright, but I think using pictures we took ourselves ought to be fine.)
  • if anyone knows other non-Live365 internet radio stations besides Subsonic's Disney radio, we can add different choices of audio
  • We don't have to MAKE everything ourselves: if any skilled shoppers / bargain hunters out there can find decent, low-prim furniture / furnishings that would go together well, I'd be happy to buy it for our shared space. (Can you tell that I have more L$ than I know what to do with?)

Here's an example of what a true master artist can do, all in SL: http://aimeeweber.com/Portfolio.html and http://aimeeweber.com/Portfolio/DoubleSlit.html

Bellboy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:05 AM »

1) Here's a question to you Bezoar.  We are all camping, earning $Lindons; Would it be helpful for each of us donate some of those Lindys to you for land costs?  Could you use $Lindons against your costs or only $US?
  Right now the club house is very restricted by land size.  I filled up the lot we had rather quickly, and found myself stealing parts from things (lowering their quality) just so I could make new things.  So I want to donate my money making skills so we can go big!!

2) I think we should create a multifloor club house with some purpose.
  First lets collect a Yensid SL Starter kit together for our VMK friends and package it as a second home warming gift/learning area. Clothes, avatars, camping links, simple instructions, etc

Lets create a NO BS place for us to hang out and chat!!  A Disney lounge that we all can contribute too!

Third, lets recreate our favorite areas in VMK and the Disney Theme Parks both for fun and to kinda see what this place can do.  Who knows, maybe Disney will hire us all to represent them in SL (keep on dreaming lol)

3) What else can we do with a club house?  Ideas!!
  I want to really recreate Mickey Mouse's club house from his new show on the Disney channel.  My kids and I would totally dig that.

bezoar

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:30 AM »

1) No problems with costs, for this tiny lot. It's included in the automatic tier you get as a premium member. If / when we get a larger plot, we can talk about sharing costs, but even then, I think I'd be fine with chipping in a larger proportion (so long as I'm generating SL income with script sales).

2) Sounds great, making a welcome kit. In the end, though, I think you just have to experiment and ask questions, and fumble around, falling out of the sky, wearing boxes on your head, losing your clothes, and eventually figuring it out.

3) Disney will almost certainly remove any overly ambitious use of their materials. I wouldn't recommend trying to recreate anything of theirs on a large or even medium scale. A bust of Mickey is probably fine, but I've already heard of a H Potter sim that got taken down, as well as some players who actively report to RIAA and have scans of artists' copyrighted works taken down.

I think the only way to do this and not face significant risk would be to purchase a private island, and make it Group only, so that nobody else would even see it.

I've already faced the threat of legal action once in SL (it was groundless) and don't really want to face a legitimate claim. So, sorry, but I'm going to bow out of involvement of any re-creations of the Parks or of VMK, much as I'd really like to see it. I mean, I'd really REALLY REALLY love to hang out in an SL WDW park re-creation... :( Sorry to be a party pooper, but I don't want to deal with any more intellectual property hassles.

=====

Anyhow, I would be interested in obtaining more land, and even more so if others would consider chipping in on land acquisition / monthly ongoing costs. But most people think that current prices are unsustainably high. Now might be a good time to just practice in sandboxes and on this tiny parcel, and once the land crash happens, buy more land for less.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:34 AM by bezoar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up