VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got land!  (Read 16436 times)

bezoar

I got land!
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:09 PM »

I am now a land-owner, woot!

Boring story, but basically a really, really decent individual felt sorry for all the people who got left out of the bargain "First Land" that was sort of promised for paying members, and decided to give away a small parcel of land at about 1/10th the market value. It really reminded me that there are good people in the world, who would do something nice for a near total stranger, rather than make a profit. Almost Disney magic-like, actually.

As expected with these tiny (512 square meter) parcels of land, it's tucked in a veritable Hell-hole on the ground, reminding me of a cross between the worst parts of Times Square and Las Vegas, with a good amount of Detroit thrown in. Being a few hundred meters in the air will improve the setting nicely.

I think I managed to set it so that people in the group "Yensid Wanderers" can freely create objects on the parcel, so perhaps we can make a very limited little place to hang out. But, with the 117 prim allowance, there won't be much building going on...

Bellboy

Sweet!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16 AM »

Congrats!!
I have been wondering about how the whole land thing. 
Keep us posted.  Share a slurl if you can.

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
Re: I got land!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:25 AM »

Thats great Be!  I've run across some very nice people too, many are so helpful to newbies. I'm glad you found this person even though your description of the location is.. interesting!  :lol:

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

bezoar

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:27 AM »

I'm glad you found this person even though your description of the location is.. interesting!  :lol:

Yes -- I'll be somehow trying to repay the favor -- she has a bit of a scripting problem that would be both a challenge, as well as potentially useful. So, it might all work out, and I'll be sure to pay it forward someday, too.

As for the description and location, I'll just say that if you're on the sky platform, you better hope you don't fall off and down into the neighborhood below, because *I'm* not going down there to rescue you... Then again, you and Fan, the 8 feet tall Amazon women, might not have anything to worry about. You can protect ME.

Incidentally, where have you been, Jewel? Haven't seen you lately.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21 AM »

Wow Be!  Even chasing down friends that DO join!! :lol:   Umm. maybe she was busy with her "First" Life??  ::)

hrhkit

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:30 AM »

Woot, Be! Now we have an official hangout! Way to go... :)

:thumbs:

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:52 AM »

We must just be on at opposite times? I've been around.  ;)
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Disneyfan_77

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:10 PM »

I am now a land-owner, woot!

Boring story, but basically a really, really decent individual felt sorry for all the people who got left out of the bargain "First Land" that was sort of promised for paying members, and decided to give away a small parcel of land at about 1/10th the market value. It really reminded me that there are good people in the world, who would do something nice for a near total stranger, rather than make a profit. Almost Disney magic-like, actually.

As expected with these tiny (512 square meter) parcels of land, it's tucked in a veritable Hell-hole on the ground, reminding me of a cross between the worst parts of Times Square and Las Vegas, with a good amount of Detroit thrown in. Being a few hundred meters in the air will improve the setting nicely.

I think I managed to set it so that people in the group "Yensid Wanderers" can freely create objects on the parcel, so perhaps we can make a very limited little place to hang out. But, with the 117 prim allowance, there won't be much building going on...

Should I take offence to that Vegas reference? :mad:
I think I should! Come here Be and face this 8 ft amazon woman!  :lol:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:10 PM by Disneyfan_77 »

bezoar

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 07:16 PM »

Yay! Fan, PirateDaisy, and I picked out a nice very low-prim house to put on the tiny parcel of land.

The challenge will be to furnish it, since we only have a total of 117 prims to work with. So far, 27 are taken by the house, ~11 with the hot tub, 6 for the platform, leaving ~70 left. We'll have to use really low-prim furniture, but I'm really liking the space. :) To enter the house, "Touch" the panel that is minimally more door-like, and it will slide open. Drop by, visit, please!

If you have the "Yensid" group active, you'll be able to put down furniture / build things. Please be sure to use the Edit window option to set your objects to Yensid group, so that we can move them around too.

(Bellboy, none of your objects were set to group, so I couldn't move them, and had to return them to you, sorry!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:18 PM by bezoar »

danovara

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 10:17 PM »

wow that is cool, nice playroom.  tyvm Be for allowing those of us with challenged computers to see at least a glimpse into the game :)

PirateDaisy

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:35 AM »

Vary, you wouldn't believe how techie challenged I am but I'm just having a good 'ole time playing dress up. lol I've been waiting for my pirate outfit in vmk for so long and here I just started and I already have an amazingly cute pirate costume. Not to mention Be showed up as Cpt.Sparrow the other day. *swoon* You learn as you go and pretty soon you'll be gaming with no problems! woot

Love the house Be! So as far as furniture, do you buy that like clothing as well? And from what I'm reading, the house only has a certain amount of space so we have to chose things that are very low on prims? So how do we check how many prims on object has?

Everyone, please make sure you clean up after your keggers. lol    ;D

bezoar

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 12:14 PM »

So as far as furniture, do you buy that like clothing as well? And from what I'm reading, the house only has a certain amount of space so we have to chose things that are very low on prims? So how do we check how many prims on object has?

Just like clothes -- pick it up free, buy it, or make it yourself :)

Yeah, the "space" (prim allowance) issue is going to be REALLY tight... To find out how many prims something has (even if you don't own it / have no control over it):
  • open the Edit window, either from the menu or with CTRL-3
  • make sure the left-most "General" tab is selected
  • click on the object you are interested in
You'll get some information, including how many prims, creator, owner, that sort of thing.

I think we're going to want more space...

Everyone, please make sure you clean up after your keggers. lol    ;D
And make sure Kit cleans up after her champagne!

Do you think more people will join if I post a pic of Cap'n Sparrow?

hrhkit

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 03:47 PM »

And make sure Kit cleans up after her champagne!

Hey!!!  >:( I'm very neat with my champagne!

Good choice on the house guys...I like. Although I'm a little miffed I wasn't there to help choose. <pout>

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 11:01 PM »

Hmm.. sounds like it might be worth it to try..  ;)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 04:14 AM »

Hey!!!  >:( I'm very neat with my champagne!

Good choice on the house guys...I like. Although I'm a little miffed I wasn't there to help choose. <pout>
Sorry I missed out on the choosing part too, but you made a fine choice! 
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

danovara

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01 AM »

Vary, you wouldn't believe how techie challenged I am but I'm just having a good 'ole time playing dress up.

Yes, well SL will have to wait for me to at least get an updated video card and way more memory.  However, Sir Vary was watching me scream at my computer during mansion cause I kept getting stuck from my computer's slow response.  And I think he is starting to cave! WOOT!  Now we shall just have to wait and see how long it takes to collect up the funds! :lol:

PirateDaisy

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 11:14 AM »

Even if no one joins after that pic, I'm sure many of our Knobs ladies will thank you for their mental image for tonight. woot!  ;) Do it!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up