VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's The Best Country To Eat....  (Read 14360 times)

Alien

What's The Best Country To Eat....
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:39 PM »

This weeks question from VMK.... What's the best country to eat in at EPCOT?
a) Canada
b) Japan
c) France
d) Germany

I'm sorry, but my choice would have to be e) Mexico - San Angel Inn.  I love the views overlooking El Rio Del Tiempo, the setting of dining next to the river on a dark night, and the food in general.  Tho my favorite has been and probably always will be The Land's Garden Grill, it wouldn't apply anyways since it's not in 1 of the countries.

Anyone else have a different answer than 1 selected??  If it is 1 of the selected 4, what are the reasons you feel it is the best of the best in the countries???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 03:43 PM by Alien »

hrhkit

Re: What's The Best Country To Eat....
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:14 PM »

Well, I love Mexican food, so I don't blame you for your vote. However, I have only been to EPCOT once and so have only eaten in 2 countries...Le France (I think that's what it was called) in France for lunch and Le Cellier in Canada for dinner. Both were great.

But I would have to vote for Canada as Le Cellier was my favorite restaurant of all the restaurants we ate at in all of WDW...

~Kit

bezoar

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:09 PM »

This weeks question from VMK.... What's the best country to eat in at EPCOT?
a) Canada
b) Japan
c) France
d) Germany

Why only 4 choices? And why only 1 "best"?

If I had to choose from the 4, I think the upstairs restaurant in France (Bistro de Paris) would have to take top honors. We typically eat there at the end of a long day, and usually catch the fireworks from Illuminations at the end.

Germany's Biergarten is fun -- bet the kids would love the shows during the meal.

But beyond those 4... Morocco is fun, with the belly dancer, and I always get the mint tea with my meal.

Best meal ever in EPCOT, that wasn't in a "country"? Food and Wine Festival, Party for the Senses.

hrhkit

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:14 PM »

Hmmm...was it Bistro de Paris where I had lunch?  ??? LOL, I need to pay better attention I guess. Although I don't remember it having an upstairs. I DO recall having a great Croque Monsieur there.  :thumbs: And watching some crazy guy climb scads of chairs outside...

Could some WDW/EPCOT expert go over the France restaurants? Were there 2?

Disney Dreams

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:25 PM »

I have not been to WDW in over 10 years, but I have to say that Japanese food is my favorite from the above options.  For whatever that means.....

bezoar

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:36 PM »

Hmmm...was it Bistro de Paris where I had lunch?  ??? LOL, I need to pay better attention I guess. Although I don't remember it having an upstairs. I DO recall having a great Croque Monsieur there.  :thumbs: And watching some crazy guy climb scads of chairs outside...

There are 2 -- Chefs de France is downstairs, and yes the crazy chair guy was there last month. Upstairs is Bistro de Paris.

danovara

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 11:36 PM »

We have always had our breakfast at the Boulangerie Patisserie bakery in France, Lunch Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom and dinner in L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Italy.  Kind of a tradition for us.

hrhkit

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 10:32 AM »

There are 2 -- Chefs de France is downstairs, and yes the crazy chair guy was there last month. Upstairs is Bistro de Paris.

Ah ha! Chefs de France...that was it! That was driving me  :crazy:...

MagicalLadee

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 04:06 AM »

Canada   :D

Their cream cheese mashed potatoes = love
Pages: [1]   Go Up