VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK Privacy Policy dated 11/18/08  (Read 15804 times)

Disney Dreams

Re: VFK Privacy Policy dated 11/18/08
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 04:02 PM »

I know nothing about how VFK is set up or who truly runs it, manages it, etc....  I just wanted to chime in with the confusion aspect (and I have shared this before to make a similar point) in hopes of providing a little insight.

I own my own business.  I am based in California. (location #1)
My website is registered through another company and yet a third hosts it.  (This allows me to have my site or less money.)  The host company is also based in California, though no where near where my company is based.  (Location #2)
My site is administered through another company so that I can get a more reasonable price. (Location #3)

If you were to send mail to any of the above to my company's name, I would receive the mail although my actual address is not "out there" anywhere.  All addresses that are visible are pass-through addresses to mask my actual address since I have chosen to keep that information protected.

The confusion does not mean something is "wrong."  Again, I know NOTHING about VFK, their practices, or if they are doing things properly.  I DO know that if you were to trace my web site, you would be led to a world of confusion and I AM doing everything legitimately and legally. 

Well, my link is in Green....

htp://www.ipassgas.com/...Seriously though, I can't believe this guy is paying for this domain name. ROFL  :roflmao:
You'd be amazed!  I actually changed the name of my company when I went to get my domain name because someone had bought it, wasn't using it, and was just sitting on it until someone wanted it bad enough to pay them $500 to have it.  I asked 2x for them to come down in price.  When they refused I changed my company name ever so slightly (after checking the domain name was available, LOL), bought the URL, and giggle at the fact that the original addy I wanted is still sitting empty.  Maybe, just maybe, $500 is too much for a URL???  Gotta love internet squatters! 

Btw, King, I just looked up who owns "your" URL.  I do not know if I would be allowed to post here what exactly they do, but let's just say it's not exactly family friendly.  TOO FUNNY! LOL

- Dreams
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:15 PM by Disney Dreams »

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 04:08 PM »

I am still curious has any of the promised items been shipped yet?
We all have to do what we feel is best and safe for our families. I think the integrity of a company is something that can help us make informed choices. That is why i am curious of the delivery of items purchased by members.

Bug

cyre

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 04:54 PM »

I had thought it was Fred and Sara were the married couple.

As for the items, I keep hearing 'oh we're waiting on one more thing' blah blah.

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19 PM »

Btw, King, I just looked up who owns "your" URL.  I do not know if I would be allowed to post here what exactly they do, but let's just say it's not exactly family friendly.  TOO FUNNY! LOL

- Dreams

Oops.he!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 07:20 PM »

Based on the past 2 days, I think we will have to start calling Astro, "Miss Hot Topics!" Hugs GF!  :bighug:

LOL, Happy!  I missed this earlier, as I was in "Trivia Mode"  :lolg:

Who me?  Never.....  :angel:   ;)

Hugs back at ya GF!   :bighug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 09:25 PM »

Based on the past 2 days, I think we will have to start calling Astro, "Miss Hot Topics!" Hugs GF!  :bighug:

Woot, hey Astro, you were the Ratatouille Queen today!  :bow2: Hehe, now if I could only have the ability to cook as good as that rat.  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20 PM »

Woot, hey Astro, you were the Ratatouille Queen today!  :bow2: Hehe, now if I could only have the ability to cook as good as that rat.  :lolg:

Awww Thanks!  You too, rocked at trivia, Princess!   :bow:    Heh, yes I agree, that darn rat is a mighty talented cook ~ of which I cannot say the same for myself.    :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up