VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So your wondering what to do with your dust gathering quest machines…  (Read 12944 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Many of you such as myself rushed out and bought a few of these contraptions without much thought, and for the past year they have gathered dust.  Some found them very useful as closets and lost some items, to which vmk said “Opps we didn’t make it to be a closet. My bad.” 

After much time passed, many of us learned they can be used to walk on water by dropping an item in the pool and using it to return to the room on the surface of the water.  I would note, Vmk also did not make the quest machine to be a miracle walk on water machine.  I found this entertaining and lots of fun with friends, but I could not help think how can I harness this power and use it to benefit me.  After much thinking, I focused on where else in VMK would I like to go with little effort. Wallah, the quest machine is a giant personal vmk location teleporter!  There are a few obstacles to this, knowing where you want to be in the future, the inability to control the instance you land in, assuring nobody else is where you want to be, and of course the prohibitive cost if you don’t have a spare.  It also takes a considerable amount of time to set this up right. It will not allow you under water on the tracks or out in space, the pool works because magic isn’t required. The biggest flaw is it only works for public rooms and personal rooms so you can’t go to friends rooms or say…club33, staff rooms, prize rooms, etc.

I have set one of my machines up to take me to specific areas such as the water surface in the pool room, each of the mansion rooms, both sides of Tom sawyer’s island, most importantly I can now instantly be transported to the inner-space shop without any magic you know that giant cylinder in the shop that looks like a teleporter, now I know what it is for. I have chosen many other various areas to go simply.  I located this machine in my first listed room so it was easy to find.  After using this for the past week I decided it was time to reveal the next unintended use of the quest machine. Yeah, yeah, I know they didn’t make it for that.  Enjoy, I hope others find this useful.

Disney Dreams

haha - I love it Add!  Especially direct access to the Inner Space Shop! 

Califgirl

I'm lost (what's new).. I was just thinking of turning mine into a buffet table.

danovara

Yeah, umm how do you set up the machine to go directly to the inner space shop?

Not sure if there are any home schoolers on this board, but we are.  I have begun using mine as a testing machine.  Granted, I will never use it for spelling quizes :lol:.  She did her first quiz yesterday and was so thrilled with getting items for her room for finishing a test.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:21 AM by Danivara »

MagicalLadee

Yeah, umm how do you set up the machine to go directly to the inner space shot?

You just make a new task, then go to the "find an item" option.
Then place the item into the inner space shop.
Once it is there, you may now double click on the task in your machine an it will teleport you straight there.

Hope that was easierly (?) explained :)

danovara

Yes, understood, ty :)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

This is such a time saver for me!! I have put a direct route to tom sawyers island (both sides) and monorail along with the other places already mentioned. It is so nice not to have to take all that time to go any more.  ;)
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

cpnbones

Just finished setting everything up...what a great tip, thanks!  :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up