VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK Maze Event 2008  (Read 31270 times)

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
Re: VFK Maze Event 2008
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2008, 05:16 PM »

The short cut didn't work for me either...oh well  I did see a player "break out" almost even to wherethe cauldron is located.  She was "on foot"

Well that's a bummer!  :(

I do have to say there were MANY people complaining about others using fairy magic in the maze.  To that I say, it really helped many of us cut down on the frustration of being stuck in the maze and getting out a lot faster.  I don't think the lag had to do with the fairy magic, I think it had to do with the amount of people stuck in one room at one time.  Or, trying to force your computer to get your through the maze, when you couldn't. 

Astro, using fairy magic may not be effecting you but it does other people. I can be in a room with one person using fairy magic, and than when a second comes in you can hear my computer start whining because it is speeding up so fast. Than a few minutes later I freeze up and have to reboot my computer.

They should make the fairy magic wings not move, that rapid movement is what is effecting peoples computers. If you want to move fast and not effect everyone else, use the wolf magic please.

Gas, and that it may (affect others computers and not mine).

Quite honestly, I can't control my Wolf - it doesn't know how to walk anywhere I want, let alone the corn.  (Yes, I am being serious).  I never use the magic.  That is why Fairy is my preference, to hurry up and get out.

I am sorry if it's affecting others.  It's not my intent obviously.  I don't really notice a difference if I am the only fairy in the room.  Yes, I do notice a difference when there are multiple fairies in the room (I'm not just talking the maze either - ANY room).  So, it's not just my computer.  But I also am not one to hang out in the maze room either.  I get in, get out, and get on with life.

I learned later today that you can just walk through just as fast as using the fairy magic now anyway, so I'm not using it anymore.

If I want to place blame anywhere though.. I will blame VFK.  Don't make a magic if it is causing game problems for player's computers, and we're not allowed to use it.  Release it, when we can use it then.  It's like showing a mouse a piece of cheese that they can't have.   ;) 

I was not blaming you, just letting you know it does effect some of us. And yes 2 fairies in any room effect me also and so does all that movement in merlins shop.

I think they should change fairy magic to a pair of motionless wings and try that.

Sorry if you think I was calling you out.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2008, 05:33 PM »

The short cut didn't work for me either...oh well  I did see a player "break out" almost even to wherethe cauldron is located.  She was "on foot"

Well that's a bummer!  :(

I do have to say there were MANY people complaining about others using fairy magic in the maze.  To that I say, it really helped many of us cut down on the frustration of being stuck in the maze and getting out a lot faster.  I don't think the lag had to do with the fairy magic, I think it had to do with the amount of people stuck in one room at one time.  Or, trying to force your computer to get your through the maze, when you couldn't. 

Astro, using fairy magic may not be effecting you but it does other people. I can be in a room with one person using fairy magic, and than when a second comes in you can hear my computer start whining because it is speeding up so fast. Than a few minutes later I freeze up and have to reboot my computer.

They should make the fairy magic wings not move, that rapid movement is what is effecting peoples computers. If you want to move fast and not effect everyone else, use the wolf magic please.

Gas, and that it may (affect others computers and not mine).

Quite honestly, I can't control my Wolf - it doesn't know how to walk anywhere I want, let alone the corn.  (Yes, I am being serious).  I never use the magic.  That is why Fairy is my preference, to hurry up and get out.

I am sorry if it's affecting others.  It's not my intent obviously.  I don't really notice a difference if I am the only fairy in the room.  Yes, I do notice a difference when there are multiple fairies in the room (I'm not just talking the maze either - ANY room).  So, it's not just my computer.  But I also am not one to hang out in the maze room either.  I get in, get out, and get on with life.

I learned later today that you can just walk through just as fast as using the fairy magic now anyway, so I'm not using it anymore.

If I want to place blame anywhere though.. I will blame VFK.  Don't make a magic if it is causing game problems for player's computers, and we're not allowed to use it.  Release it, when we can use it then.  It's like showing a mouse a piece of cheese that they can't have.   ;) 

I was not blaming you, just letting you know it does effect some of us. And yes 2 fairies in any room effect me also and so does all that movement in merlins shop.

I think they should change fairy magic to a pair of motionless wings and try that.

Sorry if you think I was calling you out.

I agree with you too, make the fairy magic wings motionless then and see how that works.  As long as we have the speed to get where we need to go.  At least VFK could try and resolve the issues with fairy magic then.

Nah, no worries, Thank-you though Gas.   :)   It's all good.  You are our board Sugar Daddy after all!   ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59 PM »

Okay, I haven't been on VFK much lately, but I have a simple question. 
Why doesn't anyone talk? I have been on the maps and in the maze this weekend.  Is there some penalty for speaking in VFK?  Often I see 10 people just standing on the map and no one speaking.   :??:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2008, 06:03 PM »

Why doesn't anyone talk? I have been on the maps and in the maze this weekend.  Is there some penalty for speaking in VFK?  Often I see 10 people just standing on the map and no one speaking.   :??:

ROFL!  I really haven't either.  I think everyone is in "maze mode".  And we're becoming zombies. 

I know in the maze rooms, if I'm concentrating, I don't really talk.  Because otherwise I end up in part of the maze that I don't want to be in, and get stuck!   :lolg:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18 PM »

Why doesn't anyone talk? I have been on the maps and in the maze this weekend.  Is there some penalty for speaking in VFK?  Often I see 10 people just standing on the map and no one speaking.   :??:

I hate when they do this, but are standing on a spot you want to go and then they don't move out of the way.  You can't get around them either.  Very annoying.
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 09:36 AM »

Hi all, There is a Pink Cauldron in the maze today!  Woot!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2008, 11:02 AM »

EEK!  :ahh:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008, 01:48 PM »

EEK!  :ahh:

I thought I heard shreaks of delight from Ducky on news of pink cauldrons!  :lolg:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008, 02:08 PM »

Yes Ducky won't be able to tear her little purple feathers away from that cornfield today!
I know she is collecting all she can for her PINK Room.  :duck:  Just Kidding Ducky. Hugs  :hug:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2008, 04:43 PM »

Oh, I just learned the Pink Cauldron has a bug.  If you place it then rotate it once it blinks from blue to pink!!
Cool bug hope they do not change it.

Update:   Bug is gone :(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:01 PM by Panda Pandora »

Disney Dreams

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37 AM »

Had enough of the Maze?   Well.... just when we thought it was over!  Rainbow colored, changing cauldron prize in the maze today!  it's SOOOO cool!

It goes from green to blue to purple to pink to orange to green.

LOVE IT!

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37 AM »

Rainbow cauldron is now out.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2008, 10:39 AM »

It does look cool. 

BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2008, 11:44 AM »

Anyone else finding the maze is different - and harder to get through?

- Dreams

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2008, 01:03 PM »

- Dreams

I have not seen anyone "pop through" the maze since they added the rainbow cauldron. 

BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2008, 01:08 PM »

- Dreams

I have not seen anyone "pop through" the maze since they added the rainbow cauldron. 

I can't get any of the outlined paths above to work today.  I hit blocks in every one of them.  Is it just me?

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2008, 01:17 PM »

Unless they changed it since I went through.. I got to take the straight line down, and got the rainbow cauldron.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up