VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normal vs. Lite Mode  (Read 9846 times)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Normal vs. Lite Mode
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:26 PM »

Just in case no one knew...because I didn't (when I first signed on a message came up saying it would be best if I played in Lite Mode). Well...I was wondering why I never saw any stars trailing behind me when I flew...or why I wasn't able to have a smooth flight from one screen to another. Well, my DD Monkey is on now and sitting next to me, and I noticed that her "window" moves with her pixie (she can keep her left mouse button down and fly all over the neighborhood without clicking any arrows to go to the next area). So, she told me to check my options and sure enough, hers was set to Normal while mine was set to Lite. All I can say is, what a HUGE difference. ;)

Thanks Monkey.  :hug:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Normal vs. Lite Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:38 PM »

I did remember this too.  I'm glad you posted though, Days... because it certainly could be a helpful reminder for everyone.

I did switch back to Normal, maybe a week ago?  And I don't know if I just wasn't used to the Normal mode, or what... but it drove me nuts!  I switched back to Lite mode.   :lolg:   But, I'm wondering now that PH isn't in beta anymore, if that makes a difference now... I shall try it out later.

Thanks for the reminder!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Normal vs. Lite Mode
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:37 PM »

Thanks Days!

I didn't know the difference.  I chose Lite and stayed with it, despite having seen the option to change it several times since starting there.

All this time I thought it was just my system being slower, as I watched "the kids" truly out-fly me, and it appeared so seamless! 

Sweet!  I am going to give this a shot.. the world may never see the Duck around if I can fly like the others I have seen!  :lolg:  :duck_ride:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: [1]   Go Up