VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP VFK Gadget  (Read 14443 times)

NotAZoo

Re: RIP VMK Gadget
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 06:48 PM »

Yeah no real stuff yet, but I did get my virtual item.     I mean at this point just give me another damn horse or two and we'll call it even.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 09:05 PM »

Yeah no real stuff yet, but I did get my virtual item.     I mean at this point just give me another damn horse or two and we'll call it even.
Actualy Zoo, don't forgget the membership was supposed to include a "Free code for a piece of furniture every month"  and first opportunity at new items (verbage that was removed after only certain people got this opportunity)  So while we did get some of our virtual items we did not get all as promised.  I like kurt also was under the impression I could share the horse with my daughter, which is not doable.  At this time, none of that is really even the point.  I know several of us decided as a group that the benefits they listed would be worth the price if the game worked out and our loss would be nominal if it didn't. 

It is true that Kurt had little more then an implied verbal agreement - probably not enforceable and we are only hearing his side but I felt posting it was valid and informative about the situation.  It does not change my opinion on VFK, nor of Kurt.  As it turns out the game has not been as exciting as many would have hoped but it still has potential in the future if it reaches full development.  Their main issue continues to be over promising and delivery of promises.  I can't begin to make a list of all the unfinished work they have and promises they have failed to deliver on. After 6 months of being open (4 months after paying) The fact they opened early can no longer be used as an excuse, nor can they hide behind good intentions any longer.  They need to get focused and deliver what they said and get a regular event calander to stick to. If they deliver a few more of the games they have promised (where is the market game due out a month ago?) a few of them are bound to have some entertainment value.  I really do look forward to see what they have to offer for Christmas, but I felt by this time the game would have taken hold and be on the right path.  The demise of gadget waqs not movement in a positive direction for the game itself. 

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 05:50 AM »

The biggest issue for me not withstanding the lack of promised virtual goods and abilities is the lag. This game eats up my memory so I have to log off every 20 minutes.

So it makes doing anything of fun rough on VFK. I do like the items and the variety. But again still having problems using them to build is another downfall for me.

So I think until they fix the lag issue this game will never take off. I thought the maze was a great idea to get people to get back to VFK at least every hours rofl.

But I am so unimpressed with their lack of follow through. Guess they better get their act together because when new fees come up there will be a lot of abstainers this time.

It must be coming soon because for the first time we have a members only cloth tab. Makes you think.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 07:06 AM »

Talking with a VFK developer last night, Flash 10 should solve the memory issue (it has a built in memory dump feature) and also make the game run faster for players. But Flash 10 is only two weeks old, and VFK is working on the bugs that have come along with it (screen freeze) and not seeing the video feed on the larger of the TVs.

I think they've come a long way since Day 1. I'm hoping the promises will come to fruition, but I'm sure glad VFK is here and playable. I love what they've done this month with the Halloween feel (items & decor).

NotAZoo

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 06:25 AM »

I agree they definitely stepped it up this month.    And like Adventure said there are a lot of unfulfilled promises still lingering.    I would just hope they almost just say forget everything we told you, we learned from our Beta and Gamma and Delta days and have a new direction.   Don't make promises or give sneak peaks....just continue releasing nice new features and people will be happy.    I think people would be happy with the game anyway, however the powers that be just did a bad thing by setting false expectations along the way which only could lead to one thing....dissapointment.   If you eliminated that factor of false promises, I can guarentee the praises of VFK as a new home for our VMK refugees would have been much higher.

Just my humble opinion of course....and HAPPY HALLOWEEN Everyone!

Ultracoolmouse

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 08:47 AM »

Can I ask a question, the gadget software why does it need its own server to work?

Is it another layer between the user the VFK?

Cause if its not and the issue is just a domain name and space and bandwidth to host the file I know where it can be had for less than 100 a year let alone a month. So if that was the issue maybe it could be revived?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up