VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: They want our money already!  (Read 21478 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
They want our money already!
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:45 PM »

Anyone else getting "Become a member" message? Our daughter was in the dye shop in the Pumpkin patch and went to bye dye when that message pops up. It then takes you to a member page where you can sign up for 5.95 a month, etc. Talk about a killjoy!  :madder:

ETA: From the home page:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:44 PM by Purpleduck »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: They want our money already!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:49 PM »

OMG are you kidding?!? I didn't know they were going to offer memberships? Egad...Bad Disney, bad.  :uhuh2:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:02 PM »

arg.. well if they keep this up there will be no me in anymore Disney games.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:04 PM »

Well, let's face it.  They are out of Beta now, and they do charge for POTCO.. and they are Disney..

Any mention of what paying gains you?

PrincessWendyBird

• Princess Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:07 PM »

Yep, it looks like in every shop when you go to buy an item it brings up the membership option. Sigh, now I have a little one who is almost in tears saying, "Not again Disney, not again." Don't get me wrong, I expected there might be some sort of membership, but with all of the buyable items, I thought they might go more in the Webkinz direction. This game is really fun and relaxing. VFK has been our primary family game, but Pixie Hollow has been a fun escape for us girls. Also, the games are pretty mindless and fun for a little late evening play. Well, now what?  :??:

ETA:Purpleduck, it looks like all shops are for members along with making your own fashions with the pattern cards. Also, there is mention of early access to new games. There are different membership levels, $5.95 a month, $29.95 semi-annual, $57.95 annual.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:10 PM by PrincessWendyBird »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:22 PM »

So even if you have the amount of roses, or whatever, you still can't purchase anything unless you become a member? If that's the case, I might just turn into an ELF.  :lolg:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:24 PM »

Aww Princess, hugs to your little one.:grouphug2:  While it does not surprise me that they want money, it would have been nice if they were a little more up front about it.  They are making such a big deal about the shops being open but they don't mention that you have to be a member to buy anything.  Not nice Disney! >:(
Go Angels! :angel:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 03:29 PM »

Thanks Princess for the info.   Good thing I don't like our room/furniture,  and I never intended to change my clothes anyway, I so like what I have.

So even if you have the amount of roses, or whatever, you still can't purchase anything unless you become a member? If that's the case, I might just turn into an ELF.  :lolg:

It would be sad to not be able to use the stores.. but I fully intended, even before I heard of PH, to become an Elf Islander. 

As long as collecting things is free, I will still use PH for the relaxation of overnight collection runs. :thumb:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:46 PM »

I just added the membership info from home page into the first post.

You're right Princess.. use of shops, sewing our own clothing, and preview games.. all need membership :bm:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 04:05 PM »

It would be sad to not be able to use the stores.. but I fully intended, even before I heard of PH, to become an Elf Islander.  As long as collecting things is free, I will still use PH for the relaxation of overnight collection runs. :thumb:

Oh I feel the same...just waiting to see what Elf has in store for us.  :hmmmm:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 05:31 PM »

Oops! I posted on other thread before I saw this, asking about if anyone could buy with items collected or if we need to join by $$. Not buying membership. I bought some pins from WDW for VMK and then poof! :waveb: Learned my lesson Disney!  :bm:

Hugs to your little one Princess  :hug: and shame shame Disney for not offering some things in the store for items collected instead of real cash only!  :uhuh: :td:

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 07:22 PM »

:waveh:
Hello fellow fairies! Sorry for not getting on and posting sooner. My little princess (princessmadiro) keeps me so busy that I sometimes only have enough time to read the forums just to keep up with all of the games she plays. (I promise to introduce myself in the proper thread soon)
Just when I think Disney can't upset me anymore than they already have they go and do it again. :madder:
 I too thought that with pixie hollow you would still be able to buy a few things in the shops without being a member (pay to play). I figured there would be exclusive things for members only and if you bought the toys etc. It sure would have been nice if they explained all of this on the home page and not find it out in game. Of course my little princess wants to buy a few items NOW! :'( I had bought a tinkerbell toy for her way before beta started and then even found out that the code in it was one of the same codes posted in another thread. At least I don't have to buy any more toys to collect dust (and I'm not talking about pixie dust here). The whole clickable toy line is another scam. Princess will never be able to connect with a friend in real. She would never be able to get those badges.

I bought the Barbie MP3 player last year when that online game came out. The idea was that if you had the MP3 player you would get exclusive access to certain places and items to buy. Well it was like having the princess hat on VFK (don't get me started there ok)- that didn't fly for long cause no one was buying the MP3 player and everyone was asking those that did have one to buy them this or that but you couldn't even gift them exclusive items unless they had an MP3 player. Well that didn't last long and so they went to pay to play. You can't buy anything now without paying- I guess disney WAS watching that game after all. Believe me i don't mind paying if it keeps my princess happy (and if she continues to play the game). But they shouldn't totally exclude the kids from buying at least some items. Give them some reward for playing the game.

Since VMK closed I have had so many problems with my disney registration/login.I have been on the phone several times with WDIG, on live chat support and email with SEVERAL of their games. My username somehow keeps getting changed to something else some how and no one knows why. It should be the same with ALL the disney games right? Now in Pixie Hollow they asked princess for a D-name and they won't let her put in the D-name she already has. I'm afraid that if i go ahead and pay to play its going to mess up my login and her login all over again. UGH!!! I've got a major headache! Looks like i need to send another email and make another phone call to them.  :sos:
SHAME on you disney for breaking my little princess's heart over and over again! :uhuh:

Thanks for listening to me vent!  :hug:
Hope on pixie Hollow
pinktinkanne on VFK   

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 07:42 PM »

SHAME on you disney for breaking my little princess's heart over and over again! :uhuh: Thanks for listening to me vent!  :hug: Hope on pixie Hollow
pinktinkanne on VFK   

Awww...big hugs to you and Princess. Shame on Disney for sure.  :td:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

• Princess Mod
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29 PM »

Hugs to you mir4mad! I feel your pain. I kept telling Princess Red not to get too attached, but I expected some things to be able to be bought without a membership. Even King looked at the set up and commented it was pretty sneaky to let us get into the game, into the shops, browse through all of the items, then up comes the member message when you click "Buy". Princess Red used some allowance money to try it for a month to see if she likes it or plays it enough. Then she can use birthday money or allowance (or grandma in Florida) to keep playing if she wants to. Although she was very hesitant - with tears in her eyes, she said - and I quote, "What if they take it all away again and this was just a waste?". Had to explain that it could possibly happen so to just enjoy the game in the here and now. Wow, just wow.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 08:38 PM »

Hugs to our Little Princesses PrincessMadiro and Princess Red. Hopefully Elf will work out for them without the buy, buy, buy

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47 PM »

Hugs to our Little Princesses PrincessMadiro and Princess Red. Hopefully Elf will work out for them without the buy, buy, buy

Exactly Fun.  Breaks my heart to hear what the little ones have to say.   :cry:   Biggest Hugs to them.

Shame on you Disney for sure.   :uhuh2:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 08:58 PM »

Exactly Fun.  Breaks my heart to hear what the little ones have to say.   :cry:   Biggest Hugs to them.

Shame on you Disney for sure.   :uhuh2:

Ditto from me too!  Huge hugs!

Mir4Mad, it is wonderful to see you back here, and posting.  I still remember that only other post, looking for the Princess Hat in VMK trades.

I think a lot of us here, know and truly enjoy playing with PrincessMadiro in all these games.

I do hope you will visit and post a bit more often.  We are a nice small "family" here.  We rarely stay on topic, tease each other, and provide support in the difficult times, as any family would.

It was great getting to see and friend you in one of our meetings!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up