VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Collecting Items Question  (Read 33856 times)

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
Re: Collecting Items Question
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 11:41 PM »

I don't know the answer but what I am starting to do now, after getting all my
Flitterific badges, is getting 99 of berries and flowers so I have them to use if the shops open.
Also looks like we will need things to trade for the new part of the sewing game when it starts.
You can only hold 99 of an item in your inventory; and you cannot hold all items so I hope I choose wisely which ones to collect.
Hugs
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:17 PM by Panda Pandora »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 12:28 AM »

Congrats to all my Flitterific Friends!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 02:49 AM »

Flitterific, badges is getting 99 of berries and flowers so I have them to use if the shops open.
Also looks like we will need things to trade for the new part of the sewing game when it starts.
You can only hold 99 of an item in your inventory; and you cannot hold all items so I hope I choose wisely which ones to collect.
Hugs

Panda is correct.  We do know (in another thread I posted the "official" word) we will need to use what we have in our pouch as currency in the stores.. just not which item or how many yet (considering the pouch cannot carry all the times). 

Also, we will need to use what we collect, if/when you choose to make your own clothing items, from the cards you collect when you finish sewing an item.

Finally, as one who has finished the full Flitterific series.. yes, you can still collect up to 99 of any item, hoping it will be what you need for the above.. but it is chance, as there are 12 items and only 10 spots in the pouches.

I have not seen any further use for the extras donated beyond the Flitterific.. but I suspect very shortly we shall have new badges to work on.  Example: the Berries badges page is titled Berries and Nuts.  So my guess is they may bring out new seasons, or new meadows as time goes on, with new items to be collecting in that ever so small pouch! :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

fantasymooma

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 11:40 AM »

Wow!  Congrats to everyone who are getting their 500 item badges!  I'm slowly making my way there. (keyword: slowly)  :lolg:

But I was just about to post something asking the same question as Astro.  After we have gotten our 500 item badge, what happens to everything we collect.  Good thing I looked on here first or I would have felt a little silly.

Can't wait until the SHOPS OPEN!!  WOOT!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 03:42 PM »

Thanks for the responses everyone.  That helps. 

For example:  Sunflower seeds are everywhere it seems.  Probably the one item that can be very easily found to collect.  So, to collect an extra 99 of those beyond the Flitterific Badge can be done, within a few days or less probably.  Or even by playing Harvest Hustle - it gives out quite a large amount of them (if that's the prize you choose).  They just sit in the pouch then I suppose, and hope that they can be used for something in the shops.  It's too bad there isn't a way to keep track of the overflow of 99 items at this time.

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53 PM »

Flitterific, badges is getting 99 of berries and flowers so I have them to use if the shops open.
Hugs

Panda is correct.  We do know (in another thread I posted the "official" word) we will need to use what we have in our pouch as currency in the stores.. just not which item or how many yet (considering the pouch cannot carry all the times). 

Also, we will need to use what we collect, if/when you choose to make your own clothing items, from the cards you collect when you finish sewing an item.

Finally, as one who has finished the full Flitterific series.. yes, you can still collect up to 99 of any item, hoping it will be what you need for the above.. but it is chance, as there are 12 items and only 10 spots in the pouches.

I have not seen any further use for the extras donated beyond the Flitterific.. but I suspect very shortly we shall have new badges to work on.  Example: the Berries badges page is titled Berries and Nuts.  So my guess is they may bring out new seasons, or new meadows as time goes on, with new items to be collecting in that ever so small pouch! :lolg:

Okay, so I have to re-open this question again.   Because I'm  :lost: (I just love that little smilie!)  and   :??:.    Now that we have determined that the use of purchasing anything in the shops is only for paying memberships... What do we do with the extra items we have collected beyond the Flitterific Badges??  IF we are a non-paying member, are they only good for making your own clothing items now, from the cards you collect when you finish sewing an item??  Or is this not correct anymore either?? 

I'm asking, because I haven't gotten all of my Flitterific Badges yet (Stuck on my last 5:  Oak, Ivy, Maple, Rose and Lily ~ oh and now Acorns!), and I haven't really ventured much into the sewing shops, to know the difference there.

Thanks in advance for helping me not be so confused anymore.   :waveh:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24 PM »

Hugs

Okay, so I have to re-open this question again.   Because I'm  :lost: (I just love that little smilie!)  and   :??:.    Now that we have determined that the use of purchasing anything in the shops is only for paying memberships... What do we do with the extra items we have collected beyond the Flitterific Badges??  IF we are a non-paying member, are they only good for making your own clothing items now, from the cards you collect when you finish sewing an item??  Or is this not correct anymore either?? 

I'm asking, because I haven't gotten all of my Flitterific Badges yet (Stuck on my last 5:  Oak, Ivy, Maple, Rose and Lily ~ oh and now Acorns!), and I haven't really ventured much into the sewing shops, to know the difference there.

I think this is the problem with how the game is now. You can't even make your own clothes without being a paying member. So, the real question becomes beyond badges why do we need to collect?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 07:41 PM »

Hugs

I think this is the problem with how the game is now. You can't even make your own clothes without being a paying member. So, the real question becomes beyond badges why do we need to collect?

Thanks Princess.  My thoughts exactly then.  :(

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 07:43 PM »

Hugs

'tis sadly true that there is no use for the collectibles beyond the badges.. if you are not a paying member.

However, I find it truly relaxing and fun to collect, and feeling that way, I have given myself a new challenge.  To see just how many we can collect now (over 99), and to have some of everything to try to fill all those new spaces in the pouch!

:lolg:  Yeah I know, that's pretty lame.. but I do find it fun and relaxing.. and well.. Elf Island isn't open yet..  :notme:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 07:59 PM »

'tis sadly true that there is no use for the collectibles beyond the badges.. if you are not a paying member.

However, I find it truly relaxing and fun to collect, and feeling that way, I have given myself a new challenge.  To see just how many we can collect now (over 99), and to have some of everything to try to fill all those new spaces in the pouch!

:lolg:  Yeah I know, that's pretty lame.. but I do find it fun and relaxing.. and well.. Elf Island isn't open yet..  :notme:

It's not lame.  I too find collecting and playing some of the PH games a nice stress reliever.  So, not lame.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the fact that now our collections won't be of any use to us in the game, if we don't pay, is all.

By the way, I think you have given yourself a nice challenge there ~ and I look forward to hearing what the limits are; from you in the near future.  Also, find out what that darn Dandelion Fluff is for will 'ya, GF??   ;)   :hug:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 11:19 PM »

It's not lame.  I too find collecting and playing some of the PH games a nice stress reliever.  So, not lame.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the fact that now our collections won't be of any use to us in the game, if we don't pay, is all.

By the way, I think you have given yourself a nice challenge there ~ and I look forward to hearing what the limits are; from you in the near future.  Also, find out what that darn Dandelion Fluff is for will 'ya, GF??   ;)   :hug:

Well, I only found one thing (aside from badges) that the Fluff is good for.  It's so plentiful at Tink's party site, that it made for fun collecting to test the limits of the pouch.

Well.. by the time I could stop myself collecting it for the night.. it does show that not even 999 is the limit:

I am sure I shall keep trying to test that limit (obviously I have no life), but not tonight! :lolg:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 12:21 AM »

Well, I only found one thing (aside from badges) that the Fluff is good for.  It's so plentiful at Tink's party site, that it made for fun collecting to test the limits of the pouch.

Well.. by the time I could stop myself collecting it for the night.. it does show that not even 999 is the limit:

I am sure I shall keep trying to test that limit (obviously I have no life), but not tonight! :lolg:

OMG Duck.he!! You go girl! WOooHOoo!  :bow2:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 12:37 AM »

Wowza Ducki!  :2thunbs: Now you just need some peanut butter to go with that fluff.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 01:33 AM »

Wowza Ducki!  :2thunbs: Now you just need some peanut butter to go with that fluff.

:rofl1:

Actually I grew up loving "Fluffernutters".

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 07:15 PM »

Woot!  Go Ducky Go!   :bow2:    :clap1:    If you ever do happen to reach a limit on any of the items, let us know!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48 PM »

Woot!  Go Ducky Go!   :bow2:    :clap1:    If you ever do happen to reach a limit on any of the items, let us know!

Okay :heat: just because you asked, (I can't believe I really did this  :doh: )  I have found the limit.  Yes, I worked day and night on that Dandelion Fluff, worried that they could close down anytime now, to do maintenance and either remove all that fluff or slow it to a trickle with the party being over.

So.. in just the last few minutes, I reached 9,999 fluff.. was allowed to get 10,000 fluff, but sadly (and thankfully :heat: ) no more.  I did grab another five, but they did not register.  So.. okay YET Miss Astro?? :rofl1:

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 09:11 PM »

Okay :heat: just because you asked, (I can't believe I really did this  :doh: )  I have found the limit.  Yes, I worked day and night on that Dandelion Fluff, worried that they could close down anytime now, to do maintenance and either remove all that fluff or slow it to a trickle with the party being over.

So.. in just the last few minutes, I reached 9,999 fluff.. was allowed to get 10,000 fluff, but sadly (and thankfully :heat: ) no more.  I did grab another five, but they did not register.  So.. okay YET Miss Astro?? :rofl1:

Holy Crap on a stick woman!!!!! No wonder I haven't seen you on Smallworlds lately.   :lolg:
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up