VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SW World Reset *new posts by staff - see posts #16 and #21  (Read 16618 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: SW World Reset *new post on forum by staff - see post #16
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 01:43 PM »

Now knowing the prize credits (for creating missions) don't come out of our empty pockets, this sounds more fun.

My thought was maybe if we all created a mission in the same XP Path, and played each others.. we should indeed easily level up to 40.  They only require one path to be level 40 to get the "goods".

I do notice he said they will be sure we all qualify.. now that could use a bit of clarification.. what, we don't have to do our own missions now?  But of course being a quest-a-holic, I would love to do them ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 02:04 PM »

Thanks for the update Ducky.  It is encouraging news.  :clapping:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

mummykat

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 05:12 PM »

Whew!!
What a relief. As I was reading through this thead I was thinking NO WAY am I going to be able to host a mission/quest with my remaining 18 credits. LOL Now, I see that tokens will be paid by the "system". Thank goodness!!

I agree that if we unite we can help each other out with quests/missions to gain the needed 40 level. As well as visiting each other's rooms to boost popularity.

I guess of the 3 "VMK replacement" games I have been playing, SW has been my least favorite lately. A few reasons being, no new missions, no way to earn credits, moved my stuff around in my space too many times already, changed my clothes and hair enough times, ppl on my friend list are rarely on anymore. Guess I just got bored with it. But, this new information sounds promising!!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 10:00 AM »

Thanks for posting the update Ducky!   :thumb:   I've been away from the computer for a few days and only being able to hop on briefly for VFK's Quests.  (Which I might add have been fun, interesting and LOVE the pins!  ;)  ) 

So this is great SW news!  I hope  :unsure:

I'm very glad to hear that the tokens don't have to come out of our own accounts, as most of us (including myself) have none!

I agree if we all could join together and create missions using the same XP Path, as well as rating each other's spaces, we could have a great shot of getting this requirement done fairly easily.   :2thunbs:

As far as Darren saying SW would be sure we would all qualify ... well, I'm not sure about that one?  No specifics given, a timeframe to level up ...  :hmmmm:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 10:52 AM »

One more post from staff, Darren Green, answering a question about the 100 most popular rooms:

Quote:
how do we know how many visitor we have in our spaces? 

You can't unfortunately. We get the visitation data from Google Analytics, so we can see the most popular spaces over any time period. We will post some data up in a few weeks, so everyone can see who the current top 100 are (and the number of visits).

Leaves me wondering "how long" constitutes a visit?  Showing up, leaving and returning - is that two?  Or does one need to spend a period of time there to count?  Do visits count if the room owner is not present? :??:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58 AM »

One more post from staff, Darren Green, answering a question about the 100 most popular rooms:

Quote:
how do we know how many visitor we have in our spaces? 

You can't unfortunately. We get the visitation data from Google Analytics, so we can see the most popular spaces over any time period. We will post some data up in a few weeks, so everyone can see who the current top 100 are (and the number of visits).

Leaves me wondering "how long" constitutes a visit?  Showing up, leaving and returning - is that two?  Or does one need to spend a period of time there to count?  Do visits count if the room owner is not present? :??:

Well while I giggled,  I "Googled" "Google Analytics"  :lolg: 
Here is the page link that answers the question: What's the difference between clicks, visits, visitors, pageviews, and unique pageviews?   http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=57164&ctx=sibling

Here is a tidbit. 

What's the difference between clicks, visits, visitors, pageviews, and unique pageviews?

The visitor data in your Analytics account can be easy to misinterpret due to the many similar terms used in different reports. Below you'll find a more detailed explanation of the terms that most often lead to questions.

Visits vs. Visitors

Analytics measures both visits and visitors in your account. Visits represent the number of individual sessions initiated by all the visitors to your site. If a user is inactive on your site for 30 minutes or more, any future activity will be attributed to a new session. Users that leave your site and return within 30 minutes will be counted as part of the original session.

The initial session by a user during any given date range is considered to be an additional visit and an additional visitor. Any future sessions from the same user during the selected time period are counted as additional visits, but not as additional visitors.

I'm not sure if this helps or not.   :laugh2:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:10 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
Re: SW World Reset *new posts by staff - see posts #16 and #21
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 12:44 PM »

:sleep:  Huh?  Oh, oh! Uh, sorry!  Guess I fell asleep trying to read and reread Happy's Googling :lolg:

I'm not sure, but that explanation gf, sounds like the biggest piece of BS we've ever had on here!  :rofl1:

Anyone up to trying to decipher what she posted from Google?.. Anyone? .. Bueller?

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 01:04 PM »

:sleep:  Huh?  Oh, oh! Uh, sorry!  Guess I fell asleep trying to read and reread Happy's Googling :lolg:

I'm not sure, but that explanation gf, sounds like the biggest piece of BS we've ever had on here!  :rofl1:

Anyone up to trying to decipher what she posted from Google?.. Anyone? .. Bueller?

Decoy?  (please)  Does it mean we get counted once every 30 minutes?  And do we have to sign in and out every 30 minutes? 

And Duck.he I sifted through  :sleep: and posted the Cliff Note Version.   Reading the long version was brutal. 

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 05:06 PM »

Well .. I just hope they count "visits" and NOT "visitors".   :wavet:  (But, sadly I think they are counting visitors and not visits)   Because it sounds like once we have visited a selected room, we're already counted ... regardless of how many times we may actually visit in the future.  Darn.   :td:

Great find Happy on the Google Analytics!   :thumb:   Also, very pleased you gave a Cliff Note version, as I for sure would have been...  :lost:

fantasymooma

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20 PM »

Some additional notes:

To qualify for the beta bonuses you must be at least level 40 in at least one of the XP Paths (Social, Gamer, Artist or Explorer). With the new user created missions, there will be plenty of ways to get XP up for all of the Paths.

Silly Question but does this mean we need to complete all the "pre-set" Missions (as in the ones they gave us) in order to qualify for the beta bonuses??

I can't get past the Space Invaders 3,000 Point game.  Grrr... :madder:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39 PM »

Some additional notes:

To qualify for the beta bonuses you must be at least level 40 in at least one of the XP Paths (Social, Gamer, Artist or Explorer). With the new user created missions, there will be plenty of ways to get XP up for all of the Paths.

Silly Question but does this mean we need to complete all the "pre-set" Missions (as in the ones they gave us) in order to qualify for the beta bonuses??

I am assuming no, we don't need to.  I was under the impression that we will qualify for the beta bonuses, if we reach at least a Level 40, in at least one XP Path.  SW has never said anything about ever completing all the pre-set missions. 

There's some pre-set missions I haven't completed either.  And I was under the impression that the Asteroids Mission is still not advancing anyway.  :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22 AM »

Some additional notes:

I agree with Astro.  It doesn't matter how you get there.  (I too have one of their pre-set missions not finished.. but heck, it is only giving such paltry XP, while the custom missions can give as much as 405 XP!  No question there! :lolg: )

fantasymooma

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 12:31 PM »

Okay Thanks Astro and Duckie. :)  I just wanted to make sure I didn't get to level 40 and then that pre-set mission hold me back from the bonuses.

I have finally reached Level 40 in Social I think it is.  Whatever the Star is. :hmm:   But I made it!!  Woot!  I am a "SmallWorlds Queen"  :lolg:
Now I am off to finish up making my room look pretty.  Buying a refunding items like crazy, almost like real life.  :laugh2:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up