VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: My it must be nice..  (Read 12398 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
My it must be nice..
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:14 AM »

I just saw that VFK was live.. but only one friend was on.  So I went to her.  She was in the room of CynAnne (the #2 in charge of VFKFF).

Ah, must be nice.  The apartment overlooking Sydney Opera House.  She was wearing the purple princess hat, and while I was there, someone asked her (there were 18 peeps in the room) what she was testing tonight.  She said the horses.

Then she told everyone there to check their inventory for a hat.  Based on the responses of the people as they found they had that new brown hat that CynAnne's "boss" (MouseTyme) was testing.. they had no idea how they got them.  There was no staff in the room either.

I got a tad "ill" :lolg: , and logged out.  (No, I didn't get a hat, nor did one other in the room.  :hmmmm:  Would like to know how that "hat finding" was arranged..)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: My it must be nice..
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:33 AM »

What a deal...I still can't find my horse and no free hat here.  Some things are just a mystery I guess. Nice they finally added clothing to inventory though.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:32 AM »

I saw this and hopped on.  I received a hat from Enigma. (ty).  Most of the people in the room were those that were hanging around last night too.  Lots of titles seemed the same.  After I received the hat I went and played AWA, returned and may of the same people were still there. 

According to Staff if all goes well the hats will be on sale today or tomorrow.  The hats that were given, were distributed using the "host donate system". 

This took place in a possible "new" guestroom.  It was the Sydney Aprarment, but outside was a night time scene.  Not sure if the background changes on a clock for this room or if this was in fact a new guest room. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:01 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:52 AM »

I have a little information on the hat testing.

Last week I was doing the quest with my husband's character TacoBill.  (He doesn't play but I am hopeful  :laugh2:)  While walking around I ran into VFK-test who was helping guests get their titles and answering questions.  A number of kids were begging to be hat testers.  I must say VFK-test has a lot of patience.  She finally announced that everyone in the room was on the list for hat testing.  There were probably 6-8 people in the room.  Didn't think much about it until I saw this topic.  I just checked TacoBill's inventory and sure enough he has the new hat (the one with the corks hanging down).  So I think some of the testing may be about being in the right place and the right time.  I never asked to be a tester I was just hanging out to see what VFK-test had to say.

Oh, his wardrobe is not part of his inventory yet! HTH

Go Angels! :angel:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:07 AM »

I just saw that VFK was live.. but only one friend was on.  So I went to her.  She was in the room of CynAnne (the #2 in charge of VFKFF).

Ah, must be nice.  The apartment overlooking Sydney Opera House.  She was wearing the purple princess hat, and while I was there, someone asked her (there were 18 peeps in the room) what she was testing tonight.  She said the horses.

Then she told everyone there to check their inventory for a hat.  Based on the responses of the people as they found they had that new brown hat that CynAnne's "boss" (MouseTyme) was testing.. they had no idea how they got them.  There was no staff in the room either.

I got a tad "ill" :lolg: , and logged out.  (No, I didn't get a hat, nor did one other in the room.  :hmmmm:  Would like to know how that "hat finding" was arranged..)

and sooo favoritism reigns once again perhaps, I saw it in VMK and now VFK I suppose.  That is the sad part of these types of games and don't blame you for feeling a tad "ill" I would have too. Imagine if we as adults feel this way, how the kids feel..........instead of trying to teach kids to be fair to all; it's sort of like a slap in the face telling a kid to stop being a kid and grow up because "life's not fair."  :uhuh: There's enough of that in the real world already, don't need it in our escape worlds. Sorry, just my 2 cents opinion

Hugs  :hug: Ducky.  And congrats Happy & Cawa glad some NoBS got the hat.  Do not get me wrong, I'm glad for those that do get items, just think if they give it free to some they should to all. From what Cawa says it's  like "Dream-Nightmare Moon" from vmk---right place at right time or the possible "arranged hat finding" as Ducky said. 

Love the TacoBill title btw!!!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 07:11 AM »

I saw this and hopped on.  I received a hat from Enigma. (ty).  Most of the people in the room were those that were hanging around last night too.  Lots of titles seemed the same.  After I received the hat I went and played AWA, returned and may of the same people were still there. 

According to Staff if all goes well the hats will be on sale today or tomorrow.  The hats that were given, were distributed using the "host donate system". 

This took place in a possible "new" guestroom.  It was the Sydney Aprarment, but outside was a night time scene.  Not sure if the background changes on a clock for this room or if this was in fact a new guest room. 

CynAnne said the room is completely different room....so there is the regular one which has been out and now this Evening Apartment room. Evening Apartment room seems to be appearing in inventory of those who are founders according to what CynAnne and someone else said.

Cowboy hats for sale under specials in Mercantile for 1,000

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 07:46 AM »

To quote Emily Litella (SNL)  "Never Mind". :lolg:  TacoBill is not a tester.  I just checked the membership page and they have added the Swag hat and the Sydney Harbor evening room to the Australia membership as of Friday, July 25.  It would have been very much out of character for me to be in the right place at the right time!  :rofl1:
Go Angels! :angel:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:02 AM »

It seems that the Austalian evening room and hat were given to ALL founding members, Original or Aussie Founders. On the Founders management page, I found this message:

Update, July 25th:
Our Australian office has created an extra special gift for all our Beta Founding Members!
This gift includes an Australian Swagman's hat, and a Sydney Apartment with a night time view of the Sydney Opera House.

The Swagman holds a unique place in Australian culture, and even their unofficial national anthem "Waltzing Matilda" is about a Swagman.

The Swagman hat is the iconic representation of the Swagman, and as one of our Beta Founding Members we hope you and your family will enjoy this piece of Australian culture.

I don't know if this accounts for why some people in the room got hats and others did not??? This seems to be a way to make ammends for the whole Aussie Founders/original Founders issues.  :??:

As for horse testing - wishful thinking I think. According to posts elsewhere the only horse sightings have been the horse on the loose the other night. The horses have been tested, but only by staff behind closed doors. It seems many have stayed up until sunrise only to find those tests were not happening.  :sleep: Hugs for a great Saturday everyone!  :hug:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 10:20 AM »

Just to clear up some mis-conceptions in the interest of global VFK harmony...

The apartment overlooking Sydney Opera House.
Everyone with the Founding membership has received this. 

...what she was testing tonight.  She said the horses.
Everyone who was on at that time was under the belief that we were testing horses.

Everyone in a family got the hat and every paid member of the original founders membership got the night Sydney room (SOOOO jealous!).

I know that many of us are sensitive to special things being given to various people, but sometimes, things actually do have explanations that are beyond what they first appear.  I think it is important for everyone to recognize that neither the room, nor the hat, were a special "bene" for either of 2 particular people, or anyone else.  They are "make-good" gifts from the Australian team for everyone with a paid Founders membership.

Hugs around everyone.  Its only pixels. And if we have not all learned 1 thing from VMK, it can all go away in the flip of a switch.

- Dreams
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:47 AM by Disney Dreams »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 11:02 AM »

Just to clear up some mis-conceptions in the interest of global VFK harmony...

The apartment overlooking Sydney Opera House.
Everyone with the Founding membership has received this. 

...what she was testing tonight.  She said the horses.
Everyone who was on at that time was under the belief that we were testing horses.

Everyone in a family got the hat and every paid member of the original founders membership got the night Sydney room (SOOOO jealous!).

I know that many of us are sensitive to special things being given to various people, but sometimes, things actually do have explanations that are beyond what they first appear.  I think it is important for everyone to recognize that neither the room, nor the hat, were a special "bene" for CyAnne or MouseTyme, or anyone else.  They are "make-good" gifts from the Australian team for everyone with a paid Founders membership.

Hugs around everyone.  Its only pixels. And if we have not all learned 1 thing from VMK, it can all go away in the flip of a switch.

- Dreams

These are not mis-conceptions.

CynAnne's room I was in, was NOT the nighttime Opera House, it was the day one, we have all seen in pics or in game.

If you were "aware" of believing the night was to test horses, that is fine.  So was CynAnne.  The point was, it was not commonly known, as when someone asked her, the entire room erupted into excitement because they did not know.

I can agree that it is possible that the hats had just been delivered to peeps inventory, but as Happy pointed out, enigma was freely handing them out.  That was NOT part of the "hat and evening room" deal.

As to your final paragraph here.. CynAnne received the purple princess hat for testing, as well as the daytime Opera House apartment.  She admitted that last night.  As far as MouseTyme with the darker hat.. she received that over a week ago.  I along with many others saw her with it.  The "Founders make good" was only yesterday.

As you have not been here on noBS (actively reading and posting) for the majority of VFK's existence, you saw what I said and took it wrong, I can understand that.  The others know I was being sarcastic, and truly meant, "It must be nice."   We all have been discussing the unfortunate events of kids being hurt by favoritism.  Try as you might, you cannot make the truth go away.  VFK is no better than VMK for utilizing favoritism.

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 06:28 PM »

just thought a would let you know I've gotten the Austrailian hats today. when I first got on they weren't in my inventory, but then I went and bought the cowboy hat and they showed up in my inventory.  :??:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 08:46 PM »

:popc2:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 08:51 PM »

King!  You are too funny my friend!  You been hanging around our :idea: gnome.he to learn how to be so smart azz?

KingQuackATac

• Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 08:53 PM »

King!  You are too funny my friend!  You been hanging around our :idea: gnome.he to learn how to be so smart azz?

The thing is, why is everyone so consumed with my azz or what comes out of it?  :laugh2:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 08:59 PM »

Quote from: Purpleduck
These are not mis-conceptions.

CynAnne's room I was in, was NOT the nighttime Opera House, it was the day one, we have all seen in pics or in game.
Hmm, I guess I am confused by your original post then.  When you said today at 1:14am
Ah, must be nice.  The apartment overlooking Sydney Opera House.
I thought you meant the night version since it's brand new and there would be nothing worth noting about the day Sydney room that has been widely seen.  If I read that wrong, my apology.

As far as MouseTyme with the darker hat.. she received that over a week ago.
Right.  I posted the photo of her wearing it.  In your original post of this thread you mention everyone in the room receiving it, you being a bit ill, and signing off - noting you did not have the hat.  This sounded to me as if you were questioning the appearance of the hat.  Yes, she was testing it previously, but my point was that 100s of people (if not more) received it in their inventory today... nothing to do with CynAnne.  Not sure why that would make you want to sign off, unless you thought it was somehow favoritism, so I was trying to explain that it was not at all the case.

If you were "aware" of believing the night was to test horses, that is fine.  So was CynAnne.  The point was, it was not commonly known, as when someone asked her, the entire room erupted into excitement because they did not know.
I am on VFK in very short spurts due to RL.  I knew about it because a VFK staff person said so in a very busy room.  It was common knowledge to anyone that had been there, not just CynAnne.  That was all I was saying.  This was not info that she exclusively was told.

CynAnne received the purple princess hat for testing, as well as the daytime Opera House apartment.  She admitted that last night.  As far as MouseTyme with the darker hat.. she received that over a week ago.  I along with many others saw her with it.  The "Founders make good" was only yesterday.
Yes they did - lucky for them!  I never questioned that these gifts happened (as I said above, I posted the picture of MouseTyme with the hat).  My comments were in response to your original post in this thread which seemed to be pointing to the mass appearance of them to everyone in the room you were in before you felt ill and signed off.  THOSE were part of the "make good," a discovery that made ME very happy for friends who purchased the Founder's membership even though I was not a recipient of the very cool night room.

As you have not been here on noBS (actively reading and posting) for the majority of VFK's existence, you saw what I said and took it wrong, I can understand that.  The others know I was being sarcastic, and truly meant, "It must be nice."
Actually, I have been reading on noBS for a very long time - way before VFK opened, although I am not sure that's relevant.  I had not been posting (since you mentioned it) because I did not feel welcomed.  Although, many friends have repeatedly asked me to come be active here like I once was, so at their urging, I have. 

We all have been discussing the unfortunate events of kids being hurt by favoritism.  Try as you might, you cannot make the truth go away.  VFK is no better than VMK for utilizing favoritism.
I will agree with you on the favoritism, but I think that it is kids and adults that are hurt as, if we all want to be very honest about it, everyone likes to feel special.

Your original post in this thread seemed to me to be talking about the night room and the occurance of many hats in 1 room being found.  If you re-read it, I think you will see how it reads as such.  My entire point was that these items were not an issue of favoritism at all, but part of the "make good."

As for "aware" of believing the night was to test horses, that is fine.  So was CynAnne.  The point was, it was not commonly known, as when someone asked her, the entire room erupted into excitement because they did not know, I cant speak for those in the room because I was not there, but a VFK staff person had said it while many were present in game (which is how I - and others - were aware).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:04 PM by Disney Dreams »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01 PM »

The thing is, why is everyone so consumed with my azz or what comes out of it?  :laugh2:

Well now, let's look at that very interesting question you posed, shall we?
- you subject a poor duckling in your avatar to the embarrassment of suggesting it is "making bubbles"
- you pose yourself with a gas can asking if anyone wants some
- you 'just happen' to break wind to blow up a port-a-potty while supposedly learning the fine art, from Ant

Hmm.. I can't imagine why anyone would even think to wonder about your azz, you certainly already told us plainly enough!! :lolp:

KingQuackATac

• Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 09:04 PM »

- you subject a poor duckling in your avatar to the embarrassment of suggesting it is "making bubbles"
- you 'just happen' to break wind to blow up a port-a-potty while supposedly learning the fine art, from Ant

Hmm.. I can't imagine why anyone would even think to wonder about your azz, you certainly already told us plainly enough!! :lolp:

Gosh, I thought my question was rhetorical. Guess not. :laugh2:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 09:13 PM »

ROFLMAO!  It might have been.  But you asked a question.. and for all I knew Princess was busy and your meds had temporarily caused you some confusion!  :rofl1:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 09:15 PM »

ROFLMAO!  It might have been.  But you asked a question.. and for all I knew Princess was busy and your meds had temporarily caused you some confusion!  :rofl1:

What?! King only gets confused with meds?!  :lolg:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

KingQuackATac

• Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 09:16 PM »

I surrender, I surrender!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 10:45 PM »

- takes away green stink.i gas while he surrenders -

Ok everyone! We might be safe now!  :lolg:

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 05:11 PM »

- takes away green stink.i gas while he surrenders -

Ok everyone! We might be safe now!  :lolg:

:rofl1: :rofl1:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up