VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Man From Snowy River Australian Founder's Membership ~ Announced  (Read 22488 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

If you can not get sitting down a basic in any game hard to belive they can get horses working.

What?! This isn't sitting?!  :rofl1:

Apparently not, since I can't see your bum!  :rofl1:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

:rofl1: :rofl1:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Are we sure there will not be a "Space Age Founder", "A Wild West Founder" and so on along the map?

This same thought crossed my mind...

- sigh -   Me three ... I too see a trend happening here.....
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Curiosity (I haven't followed this too much).. could this new founders package be aimed at the Aussies?  They were not on for the original founders package  :??:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Curiosity (I haven't followed this too much).. could this new founders package be aimed at the Aussies?  They were not on for the original founders package  :??:

I think you are correct Ducky.  I do remember something about that in the very beginning of VFK too.  Good point on bringing this up.   :thumb:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Hi,

I do not believe for a minute that they are marketing to Australia. I also do not believe that there really is staff from Australia working on the game. I think it is all just a smoke screen. Staff could tell people anything and they would take it as fact. I also heard someone say that there are now like 55 staff in the game- don't believe that either. Many staff could be 2, 3 or more different titles- happened in our other game. People believe there are "all these staff" that need to be paid and make you feel bad so you cough up the money- great scheme.

All of this just amazes me. People were so critical of VMK yet they are willing to fork over 100 bucks to a company/person that they know nothing about. I am also tired of hearing how this game is so much better then VMK in graphics-are people blind? There are so so many games out there that have much better graphics.

What does VFK have to do before people wake up and smell the coffee......

Bug
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:30 AM by Bugdozer »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Well I for one will not be getting the Australia package, but I do believe it is a different group. Why because the texture and graphic style is different. Actually Australia to me is done worse not better. Take a look at the bird game water graphics. Now look at Australia waterfall. A very different style. Not sure there ar over 50 staff rofl. BUt I also do not believe there are multiples of many. Though there could be doubles. That I have no way of knowing. I will comment on fact or what I believe to be fact. No way to tell and thus will not say one way or other. There is enough wrong in the game we do not need to be hunting for any more :)

I do not know where you are hearing this game is so much better than VMK sure did not hear it here.  There are kids that will say anything. As for graphics I do not mind them. But would like to see animation of items then I would be happy. I think the reason is they are waiting to upgrade their servers because the one room animated Merlin's shop is so  laggy people avoid it at all costs.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Producers

Fred

Sara

Male Staff

VFK_Cricket
     VFK_Digger
     VFK_Fusion
     VFK_Hurricane
     VFK_Lion
     VFK_Shark
     VFK_Stingray

Female Staff

VFK_Aloha
     VFK_Bondi
     VFK_Brizzie
     VFK_Butterfly
     VFK_Cat
     VFK_Coral
     VFK_Dolphin
     VFK_Dragon
     VFK_Dutchess
     VFK_Finley
     VFK_Groovy
     VFK_Harmony
     VFK_Ivy
     VFK_Legend
     VFK_Marsupial
     VFK_Merly
     VFK_Owl
     VFK_Panda
     VFK_Pirate
     VFK_Princess
     VFK_Smiles
     VFK_Sunny
     vfk_test (Note: This user is not capitalized.)
     VFK_Tiger
     VFK_Tink
     VFK_Toni
     VFK_Willa
     VFK_Wolf
     VFK_Zoo

Developers

user1
     user2
     user3
     VFK_Enigma
     VFK_Logan5
     VFK_Mintie
     VFK_Surfer

Unconfirmed Staff

VFK_Montie
     User7

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Ok but how many of those are like VMK_Sparkie or VMK_The guy who made the pins. And really with the other more important issues the drain on your computer for the longer you stay in VFK. The problem with fireworks that some with Vista and not play as well. Not being able to sit or stack. How many producers staff etc. Is really at the bottom of the list. Might help to prove peoples points they are not to be trusted. But how many staff are there really does not affect my bird game. Only when it is busted and it takes them all day to notice!!!! It does not want me to give more money because there are supposedly more staff. Trusted or not they are really behind the 8 ball. Without some of these basic functions there is no game down the road.

This is not a wake up and smell the coffee well at least on this board. We are very well aware of the major downfalls of VFK. We decided to take the risk and support them. The only thing we have lost if it does not work is 45.00. Our credit cards are fine. I have lost $45.00 on much more stupid ideas and spending.

But I will not be joining the Australia Founders.

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Ok but how many of those are like VMK_Sparkie or VMK_The guy who made the pins. And really with the other more important issues the drain on your computer for the longer you stay in VFK. The problem with fireworks that some with Vista and not play as well. Not being able to sit or stack. How many producers staff etc. Is really at the bottom of the list. Might help to prove peoples points they are not to be trusted. But how many staff are there really does not affect my bird game. Only when it is busted and it takes them all day to notice!!!! It does not want me to give more money because there are supposedly more staff. Trusted or not they are really behind the 8 ball. Without some of these basic functions there is no game down the road.

This is not a wake up and smell the coffee well at least on this board. We are very well aware of the major downfalls of VFK. We decided to take the risk and support them. The only thing we have lost if it does not work is 45.00. Our credit cards are fine. I have lost $45.00 on much more stupid ideas and spending.

But I will not be joining the Australia Founders.

The point I was trying to make is that I am hearing people justify the $47 more because there is so many staff to play-they maybe should justify it by saying the need the money to fix x y and z that would make more sense to me. Seems to me that VFK has gotten very quiet on their updates to keep players posted on what is going on. Also what do you mean by "we decided to take the risk and support them" ? Do you mean "we" as in the board or we as in some of the players?

Did not know bird game is broke as I have not played it recently-sorry to hear this as many get their credits from just this game. I have not played for a while so I have probably forgotten all the birds.

Bug

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Bug you make valid points, as does Littlebelle. I will clarify for Belle, when she says “we” she is speaking in general terms about people that have evaluated everything they know about the game and decided to join.  Each person has made his or her own decision and most of us don’t even know who else joined.  Bug I like the graphics in VFK but are in no way better then VMK and are very lacking in areas such as the avatars.  I think we have to remember that liking or disliking graphics is pretty subjective and individual. 

I do believe that at this point they have delivered enough to say it is not a scam and they are there to rip us off, this is different then they are in it for our money and they want as much of our money as they can get.  That does not mean I like that and it does indicate a bit of greed or desparation on their part.  I am not sure which is better – neither are good signs. 

I do also believe they have an Australian group of developers/investors and staff that have joined – while this has happened some known staff are MIA i.e. Groovy.  I think they do have close to 50 staff – many are most likely generally behind the scenes but they but them in the game now and then.  Most seem pretty personable – without saying they are necessarily qualified to moderate.  I don’t think this fact or anything else justifies needing more money from people that already paid.  Nor do I think its my problem if they need more money to fix problem X, Y, Z – I paid already – you sold it – you fix it.  While they have added people from Australia – I doubt this is marketed at Ausie people any more then this was not aimed at VMK players.  Where have we ever seen this advertised? Could people from Australia not previously access the site???  I am pretty sure they could and I doubt they have a huge following that jumped on once Australia opened.  While it isn’t a scam it is clearly a tricky scheme – they know most that pay will be people that already have paid.  We continue to have no guarantee they will survive and I will not give them anything else until we reach the end of the current membership and this will depend on if they have fully progressed.  I think as a group we could easily make a list of what they need to do to make this game more enjoyable but even if they implemented everything, it still would not ensure they would survive.

Disney Dreams

I am very curious of 1 thing from anyone who paid for the Founders Package.

Are you offended at this new Founder's Package?

If I purchased a special deal under a 48 hour time-pressure sale only to turn around 2 weeks later and see almost the same offer being made again to others (and yes, I know it is not the exact same deal), I would feel somewhat, "What the ?!?!?"

I did not purchase the Founders Package for many reasons, including that I do not think the game is in a stage that deserves money and I do not care to pay to support early development phases.  (Not judging anyone who did - I have wonderful friends who paid and that's their choice.)  If I DID purchase under the 48 hour push, I would be really GRRR upon seeing this new offer.

How are those of you that are Founders Members feeling about this?  

Thanks to any who choose to reply,
Dreams

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I am very curious of 1 thing from anyone who paid for the Founders Package.

Are you offended at this new Founder's Package?

If I purchased a special deal under a 48 hour time-pressure sale only to turn around 2 weeks later and see almost the same offer being made again to others (and yes, I know it is not the exact same deal), I would feel somewhat, "What the ?!?!?"

I did not purchase the Founders Package for many reasons, including that I do not think the game is in a stage that deserves money and I do not care to pay to support early development phases.  (Not judging anyone who did - I have wonderful friends who paid and that's their choice.)  If I DID purchase under the 48 hour push, I would be really GRRR upon seeing this new offer.

How are those of you that are Founders Members feeling about this?  

Thanks to any who choose to reply,
Dreams
Offended is a bit strong, but yes not suprised however except that they actually called it a "founder" program - mainly because as members we felt we were promissed we would have access to all item.  I think it should just been aand Auustralian member package - no founder and then other members should have been offered the oportunity to buy the items with credits.  I feel this borders on a breach of the original agreement - if only it was writen clearly and concrete.  Does the breach nullify the agreement?  I am not sure but it will effect future decisions.

I will continue to be supportive of the game and of people that chose to play.  Playing this game is just as much a free choice as chosing to play Secondlife or Dizzywood two extreams but as time goes on I will not be surprized many of us continue to search for home.  I like the Fireworks game but still want more of a "game" selection in the game.  If a second incarnation of VMK ever came we would probably all exit whatever we were doing to go play and be very willing to pay.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:57 AM by Adventuredaz »

awesomepatty-cake

I bought the first founders package thinking that I will see what happens with the game and decide whether I would want to keep paying.  I was shocked when they came out with another already. It has thrown a wrench into my plan. LOL As of today I will not be buying the new package to add months onto my account but I may change my mind tomorrow who knows.  I’m not sure where the idea that it is being aimed at the Australian market came from that doesn’t make sense to me with the time zone.  Perhaps because it says Australian Founders people have interpreted wrong, I did see someone asking if you had to be from Australia to get it.  Bug the statement you made “What does VFK have to do before people wake up and smell the coffee…” If you want to complain about the money or the game that is fine you have your opinion and I have mine, but I do take offense to your statement because it is aimed at the people paying/playing.   I have never ridiculed my friends for not playing it is their choice but I don’t want to be ridiculed by them or anyone else for playing.  It really is a very condescending statement to make.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:16 PM by awesomepatty-cake »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Yes I meant "we" as in people who decided to join in general. As not all people on this board did. But how awesome was it to have people who did not take the package respect the decision and make no big deal of it. And visa vera the ones that got it not flaunt it.

I think where I was coming from is that I understand your concerns but from reading this post I might have missed it but I do not think one person here said we need to join this because they need more money. People were actually giving the exact opposite view. No way until I get what you first promised!!

It is probably happening on other boards and that is why I was confused. So I was kinda wondering who needed to wake up and smell the coffee. Because so far not one person has been impressed with the lastest "Founders Package".

As far as I can tell this is not a scam. But people who have no clue what they are doing, no clue on how to really program a difficult game this big. Under estimated time by months not days. There is a reason places like Wizards was not even in first beta for something like 3 years. And we heard how long Elf island has been the drawing board.

To keep people interested they have put out grand ideas.

Unfortunately those grand ideas are just that. After so many ideas that are still not coming people will leave in droves.  I give it to the opening of Elf Island if it is a good as it looks. However, as we have seen the ideas might be great but still not be what people are looking for :(

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Sorry.. MOD time.

Both Adventure and I have been following this thread today.  I almost called two people out, to say "chill, it's only a game".  Instead, Adventure made a very nicely stated post addressing both sides.

That appears to not have resolved the issue as we are now receiving reports. :(  Which means you now have to put up with me..  and maybe Decoy, as he shall be made aware of this.

First, I do not believe Bug's "people should wake up and smell the coffee" was directed specifically at anyone here on noBS, but more a general comment to suggest she is surprised by how many are still hanging in there.. which is her opinion to voice.

Second, as Adventure pointed out, Belle did not mean "we" as in noBS, but in general, also her opinion to post.

HOWEVER, Decoy's rules include "Play nice."  They also include a provision for staff to look into issues that have been reported.  As even Adventure and I "guess" at what was meant by these comments.. it only further shows that without specifics, anything is open to interpretation.

So.. as of this time.. I will NOT lock the thread.. BUT, from here out, do not leave comments, such as those left by Bug or Belle mentioned above, using generalities - REGARDING PEOPLE.  They are open to interpretation, causing some to be hurt or offended.  BE SPECIFIC when talking about "people".   Future posts with generalities like, but not limited to "we" "us" "people" that can be interpreted more than one way, either seen by Adventure, myself or reported to us.. shall be removed from this topic, and passed to Decoy for potential penalties.

Play nice.. Please!  (Choosing Preview, before Post, and reading it, may help too.)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Hi,

Well I certainly did not intend to cause such an uproar I am sorry. I was not taking pop shots at anyone. All I have to do is be in the game 15 minutes and that is the "people" I am referring to. If I offended you I am sorry that was not what I was trying to do.

As for Belle she is a great friend :waveh: We agree on many things and disagree on many things- that is the way of life. I have met her and she is the kindest person and even though it is not my place to "worry" about her I do because she is my friend once again sorry if that upsets anyone.

Adventure and Duck sorry this has made more work for you :(

I will not post anymore since it is upsetting people. I am just not feeling comfortable. Good luck to all of you. I hope VFK can make it as I am truley hoping they do.

Bug
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up