VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK front page has been updated 7/10 - princess hats (not so gnomey)  (Read 29977 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

The hat made me sad.  I really don't know what to say. 
Why?

On one hand you see that they can turn out a beautiful front yard room that has nothing to do with VMK and then they do the hat.  How difficult would it have been to maybe make a tiara bedazzled with mulit color gems and a floating veil off the back?  I'm sure it would have satisfied those that want a princess hat and those that want a girl crown.  The boys could maybe get a gold and velvet bedazzled "king" crown. 

Maybe the words I can not seem to find are something like...It saddens me that don't have more confidence in go in their own unique direction. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....

Just to clarify - King is being a smart azz here.  :lolg: And purpleduck, I totally agree. I wasn't defending their CYA moves - just stating that is what it felt like to us. I want to sit and blink and stack things. Oh and I want some better clothes! Please!!!

All's good with me you two ;)

I knew he was playing, and so was I!  (mostly.. I get kinda possessive about my purple y'know) :lolg:

Sorry if it appeared I thought you were defending them.. I was just so (finally) outraged at this stupid waste of time to cover their butts.. I want to :cpubroke: them instead!  You just had the CYA comment I borrowed to share my frustration.  :hug:

Hugs purple duck.he.  :hug: Perhaps I am still in "freak out" mode from other experiences. Takes deep breath. -Repeats to self- "It is safe to post here. It is safe to post here."  :rofl1: :rofl3:

:rofl1: I know!     You don't know how many times I did NOT hit that post button elsewhere.  Was telling some of you all last night how glad we have Nobs here  :hug:

I was like  :blink: :o :wtf?: when I saw that hat....sorry but I don't want purple, I want cream color with pretty sparkly stripes to go with my Pink Rose Fresh Magic  :hippie:   (cream goes with anything!)

awesomepatty-cake

I do see that style of Princess hat alot I guess it must be the popular choice.  I see it made for Halloween costumes, they sell that style at Medieval Times too.  I guess I don't have a problem with the style choice just wish and hope they sell them in other colors too. 

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

Why?

On one hand you see that they can turn out a beautiful front yard room that has nothing to do with VMK and then they do the hat.  How difficult would it have been to maybe make a tiara bedazzled with mulit color gems and a floating veil off the back?  I'm sure it would have satisfied those that want a princess hat and those that want a girl crown.  The boys could maybe get a gold and velvet bedazzled "king" crown. 

Maybe the words I can not seem to find are something like...It saddens me that don't have more confidence in go in their own unique direction. 

Did you say Crown? I want me crown so bad!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

I do not think the style is the issue really. It was the choice of color. That pushed way too many big supporter buttons. I would have waited on the pink/purple. And gone with green or blue, even yellow for a gold look :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Why?

I agree with everything you say here Happy.  I saw the hat yesterday, and it made me sad.   :(   VFK has so many choices of a crown, could have been made totally different.  And then we wouldn't even have to have this discussion.   - sigh -    :uhuh2:

I do not think the style is the issue really. It was the choice of color. That pushed way too many big supporter buttons. I would have waited on the pink/purple. And gone with green or blue, even yellow for a gold look :)

Belle, I agree ~ I think yellow or even the gold color would have been perfect.  Especially based on the history lesson pictures they gave us.   :hmmm:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

:gavel:This is a very scary ??? post we all agree  :clap1: well at least for now  :waveh:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Problem I see is they are getting most info I think from the VFK fan forum. Many parents on there saying how much their kids want things they never got in VMK. So what was one of the big items. The Princess hat. So they are getting that feed back. Thinking they are making kids happy which they probably are. But not looking at the big picture. That is why we had to write in. Get the bigger picture out to them. Will be interesting to see what color they pick :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Problem I see is they are getting most info I think from the VFK fan forum. Many parents on there saying how much their kids want things they never got in VMK. So what was one of the big items. The Princess hat. So they are getting that feed back. Thinking they are making kids happy which they probably are. But not looking at the big picture. That is why we had to write in. Get the bigger picture out to them. Will be interesting to see what color they pick :)

I think you're right Belle.  Just got a newsletter in my email from VFKFF.. wasn't just PrincessMadeiro they let test the hat.  Seems they let the VFKFF admin have the hat as well - (let's not look for favoritism.. it was only the vice-administrator.. so they claim.. ::) )

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Yes and for the first time I am reading kids signatures that say please do not bring favoristism here. For me I was happy that princess got to test a hat. Her life is such a struggle. Those little things mean so much. But I do not like that they have players test them. Staff need to do that. Just does not sit well with me. Causes one issue that does not need to be.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II

Well, last night I did certainly send VFK my opinion on the "look" of the princess hat.  The message, although a bit longer,  was very much the same tone as my post above (#34).  I really tried to get them to understand many of us are looking for the the "sense of community and friendship" we had in VMK.  (not the items). 

I suggested a complete redesign of the hat.  I stated my wish that VFK find the confidence to go in their own direction. 

Interesting, but not surprising news about tester selection.  One thing that kind of saddens me about player's testing items.  Not long ago I remember the excitement of going in to a VMK room owned by a Host.    I remember the joy it seemed to give the Host to show the players items that were going to be released the next day.  Favorite image: The host flying in the cute red plane.   :bighug:

I agree, let staff and hosts test the new pins and hats. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained

I think you're right Belle.  Just got a newsletter in my email from VFKFF.. wasn't just PrincessMadeiro they let test the hat.  Seems they let the VFKFF admin have the hat as well - (let's not look for favoritism.. it was only the vice-administrator.. so they claim.. ::) )

Mhmmm all very interesting indeed.   :hmmmm:

I guess I didn't realize that VFK was looking at that particular forum all that much, and now it makes it much clearer.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

I guess I didn't realize that VFK was looking at that particular forum all that much, and now it makes it much clearer.

Well Astro, I know the admin has personal contact with VFK.. they let VFK use their forum to promote/sponsor the purchasing of VIP and Founding.. and the admin has stated there will be no more negative comments about VFK allowed.  Umm.. yeah.. I'd say they are in cahoots!  (When I entered the Zoo room for the Australian quest, there was the second in command of VFKFF Cynanne (sp?) wearing the purple princess hat.)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained

Well Astro, I know the admin has personal contact with VFK.. they let VFK use their forum to promote/sponsor the purchasing of VIP and Founding.. and the admin has stated there will be no more negative comments about VFK allowed.  Umm.. yeah.. I'd say they are in cahoots!  (When I entered the Zoo room for the Australian quest, there was the second in command of VFKFF Cynanne (sp?) wearing the purple princess hat.)

Thanks for the update Ducky ~
Yeah I'd say they are in cahoots!  Shows how much I've been keeping up to date with my reading over there.   :lolg: 

Disney Dreams

The person who set up VFKFF and the founders of VFK have been in close communication with 1 another from the start of the forum.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

The person who set up VFKFF and the founders of VFK have been in close communication with 1 another from the start of the forum.

Yup. That's what I said.

Disney Dreams

Yup. That's what I said.

Just adding some additional information to the discussion. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:21 AM by Disney Dreams »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up