Online Worlds > Xeko (Elf Island)

Elf Island

<< < (2/17) > >>

littlebelle:
I can not wait till they all talk about another place taking advantage of the poor VMK refugees. I guess this one will be allowed because the developers did not try and recruit yet at Dis. So I registered

Adventuredaz:

--- Quote from: littlebelle on July 10, 2008, 11:27 AM ---I can not wait till they all talk about another place taking advantage of the poor VMK refugees. I guess this one will be allowed because thedevelopers did not try and recruit yet at Dis. So I registered
--- End quote ---
hmm, no comment.  No reason to talk about DIS issues, what happens there stays there - its like Vegas.  Seriously though I brought this here from the source I named and had no idea if it had been picked up elsewhere.  Our goal here is in no way to be an extension of any other boards or a sounding board where we complain about people from other places or bring issues from elsewhere. I know it happens but we do wish to minimize it and avoid it really. (Yeah I guess i started it by asking  - so I will redirect ;) ) 

On the note of approaching formor VMK plaers I really have no issue with pretty much any method games use to get people into them - true they should follow the rules of whatever venue they chose but I don't look at targeting a market with a need as taking advantage of them. I think if someone had a problem with the VFK approach then they could have issue with this approach - it is just a softer sell. I also - as an adult that strictly polices computer use of my child, am not real concerned about COPPA although it is important - I don't fully understand it.  I have registered my Daughter (with a shorter title - 12 letters is max) it did not request a parent e-mail or verification and nothing was sent out so IMO any age child can sign up without parents knowing - to me they are not meeting the standard either but again I think there is always a way around this if a kid wants to play, they know more about computers then us. 

littlebelle:
Ok got it no mentioning the other board though we all know it. Should we name it pickels. No serioulsy I do understand and it is a good policy. Better to stay away from that. Which is the reason I think we have not discussed anything that has happened in the last 24 hours :) To forums all over the web :)

Interesting find on the COPPA issue though. Maybe because it is not an active sight nothing has to happen yet.

littlebelle:
OK question how would we know if it is open. They did not take any email information. Just seemed kinda odd.

Astro:

--- Quote from: littlebelle on July 10, 2008, 12:46 PM ---OK question how would we know if it is open. They did not take any email information. Just seemed kinda odd.

--- End quote ---

It just said to check the Blog I believe.    :??:

Thanks for posting Add!  The graphics are really pretty so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version