VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Elf Island  (Read 40929 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: Elf Island
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 07:28 PM »

Okay, so how come I can't pre-register?  I see several have signed up today, but when I open the pre-registration link, I only see so much of the page.. and there is no side scroll bar.. so I can't access the "sign up" box.  It's the only piece missing.  :'(
Try this...http://registration.elfisland.com/signup.php

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 07:46 PM »

Thank you all for your help!  Bug caught me in IM and gave me that link also, and it worked.

The funny thing, is as I was registering, I noticed that when it wanted me to type those 2 words.. there was no box for me to type them in, and again, no scrollbar on the side.  Seems the page moved with my cursor, so it didn't need a scrollbar! :rofl1:   Bet this is what happened with that VMKers page..  :hmm:

lalala :duck_ride: lalala
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40 PM »

Came across some intersting information about craig from Elfislands. It is his bio from 2002 and it appears to be a very strong bio.

http://www.kidscreen.com/summit/2002/speakers/kronenberger.html

Craig Kronenberger

Craig Kronenberger Craig led San Francisco based Spunky Productions as Chief Creative/Marketing Officer and co-founder since September of 1998, through the May 2001 acquisition of his company by Universal Digital Communications, Inc. His concentrated experience in management, marketing, interactive media, and directing creative has been essential to the emergence of Spunky Productions as a leading digital media company providing kids and teen entertainment through broadcast, print, Internet and television distribution.

Spunky Craig has been instrumental in building brands, implementing creative, directing marketing strategies a pioneering marketing and digital production company with top entertainment companies including Universal Studios, Artisan Entertainment, Sony and Shockwave; top consumer product/retail companies include General Motors, Keebler, JC Penney and Service Merchandise; and top technology companies including Macromedia, Adobe, Lycos, Yahoo, and Excite@Home. Craig He has also been repeatedly recruited for various speaking engagements, which include AdWeek: Internet World, Kids and Teen Interactive, Kids Summit, Onscreen, and Financial Symposium in New York City. Animation Magazine named Craig and his brother Karl two of the Top 15 Guerilla Web Entreprenueurs for 2000.

Craig’s concentrated experience in management, creative direction and marketing has been essential to the emergence of Spunky Productions as a leading digital media company providing kids and teen entertainment through broadcast, print and Internet distribution.

Prior to founding Spunky, Craig was part of management as a Creative Director for four years at a national advertising agency, Pollak Levitt & Partners. His clients included Kimberly-Clark, Georgia Power, SAP Software, The Weather Channel, Alcoa, Powertel, First USA Bank and Prudential Securities. In 1995, Craig co-created Claus.com, which is now recognized as the world’s #1 Christmas Website. During his time with the Ad Agency, Craig was recognized with numerous national creative and marketing awards, including two Gold AMY awards for proven results from the American Marketing Association and BrandWeek magazine’s award for Best Use of New Media.

Currently, Craig is working on as the Executive Producer/Creative Director for a pilot production for The Travel Channel, "Celebrity HotSpots", is in a television series for gaming teens development called "Ultimate Gamers", and an animated Christmas Special with Jive Records. In addition, Craig has also just completed an Internet brand campaign for the home video release of Universal Studios "The Grinch", as well as the successful re-launch of Scary.com, a creepy site for kids during forthe Halloween season.

Prior to founding Spunky, Craig was a Creative Director and the Manager of Interactive Media for four years at Atlanta advertising agency, Pollak Levitt & Partners. His clients included Kimberly-Clark, Georgia Power, SAP Software, Alcoa, First USA Bank and Prudential Securities. In 1995, Craig teamed with agency founder, Bruce Levitt, to create Claus.com, which they have since built into the #1 Christmas site on the Web. He has won two Gold AMY awards for proven results from the American Marketing Association.

Craig received a B.F.A. from the University of Cincinnati, College Conservatory of Music in 1993. Craig also has done directed research in lighting design and also completed an Independent study in media delivery for satellite, cable and the Internet.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:12 PM by Bugdozer »

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 06:38 AM »

It's funny how we all see something different when we look at pics. That front page reminded me so much of Disney, toon town, and whoville village at univeral. The founder hats reminds me of figment. :) and the Snow cave reminds me of Yeti.

The snow mountain reminds me of Typhoon lagoon. This site actually reminds me more of VMK. I signed up too. Not sure what to expect. But until it opens we do not really know. If is similar to VMK style I do not have issues with that. I just like to meet up with friends and have fun. No matter what the site is :)

I can see why maybe it has a whoville feel to it as Craig worked on an Internet brand campaign for the home video release of Universal Studios "The Grinch".

But I will date myself and say when ever i go the home page I can not help but think of smurfs  :lolb:

Bug

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 07:23 AM »

It's funny how we all see something different when we look at pics. That front page reminded me so much of Disney, toon town, and whoville village at univeral. The founder hats reminds me of figment. :) and the Snow cave reminds me of Yeti.

The snow mountain reminds me of Typhoon lagoon. This site actually reminds me more of VMK. I signed up too. Not sure what to expect. But until it opens we do not really know. If is similar to VMK style I do not have issues with that. I just like to meet up with friends and have fun. No matter what the site is :)

I can see why maybe it has a whoville feel to it as Craig worked on an Internet brand campaign for the home video release of Universal Studios "The Grinch".

But I will date myself and say when ever i go the home page I can not help but think of smurfs  :lolb:

Bug

ROFL me too now that I look at it oh no we will all be smurfs. I wonder who will be the lucky one girl rofl

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 08:09 AM »

There is now a new link on the sign up page that says COPPA Concerns? you click it and it brings you to their policy on it which is basically the letter they sent. I wonder if this is in response to several people messaging them.

Bug

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 08:47 AM »

I am so deeply in "glove" with that snow/ice section, and oh.. to right now be able to stand in front of the cave as it blows that icy wind!!   Way, way too :heat: here in real.

I seriously hope, that if the game allows you to build some form of housing.. that I can do it in that area  :weee:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 05:11 PM »

I am so deeply in "glove" with that snow/ice section, and oh.. to right now be able to stand in front of the cave as it blows that icy wind!!   Way, way too :heat: here in real.

I seriously hope, that if the game allows you to build some form of housing.. that I can do it in that area  :weee:

With all the hot air you normally blow no wonder its hot up there. :rofl1:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 08:50 PM »

Wow, you thought of this all on your own?  Oh look, it only took you 10 days to come up with it too!

:rofl1:  You're losing your abilities there gnome.he! :rofl1:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 09:33 PM »

Wow, you thought of this all on your own?  Oh look, it only took you 10 days to come up with it too!

He is aging.  (cough)  :notme:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 07:19 PM »

Believe it or not, I'm just now getting to these threads. 

Busy, busy, busy.

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 07:20 PM »

He is aging.  (cough)  :notme:

If I'm not mistaken.... I'm still younger than both of you!!   :wavet:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: Elf Island - Todays blog entry
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 11:24 AM »

This is todays update, often updates are nothing noteworthy but this seems to have infromation people are always asking, and seems to be leaning towards an opening since this is the first substantial communication not written in Elf speak.

Commitment to Online Safety
July 23rd, 2008
At Elf Island, we take online safety very seriously. We want you and your children to feel comfortable exploring our virtual world, playing games, and making lots of new friends!

Safety is our top priority, so we have plenty of features in the works to assure Elf Island is a safe environment for players of all ages:

Moderators – A team of live Moderators watches Elf Island at all times. They review all chat activity for potentially dangerous discussion and are available to address questions and concerns from players or parents.
Chat dictionary – Elf Island has safe chat through the use of a pre-determined dictionary. If a word is not in our dictionary, then you cannot say it on Elf Island! This helps to cut down on vulgar language, harassment, and the exchange of personal information.
Parental controls – Parents can view their child’s ban history, track their in-game progress, and set limits on the number of hours they are allowed to play each day.
Game downtime – To encourage kids to live an active lifestyle and get plenty of rest, Elf Island closes down at the end of each night.
Approved usernames – All player usernames are reviewed by our Moderation team and must be approved before the user can access the game, using that name.
COPPA compliance – Elf Island will obtain parental permission before allowing any child into our virtual world. Your personal information will never be shared and your child’s account can be canceled at any time!
Of course, the best way to make sure your child is safe is to keep an open line of communication. Elf Island will do our part to keep our players safe, but ultimately this responsibility lies with the parents. Here are a few quick tips to help keep you and your children safe while online.

If you have any questions about Elf Island’s commitment to online safety, feel free to contact: Liz@goodeggstudios.com

NotAZoo

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 09:27 AM »

Good thing I was surfing today and stumbled upon this thread.   I am all locked in and ready to go as this looks really promising.

Plus if all the worlds and forums can find this utopia called "Elf Island" where peace and harmony exists....then I am all for it! LOL

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:33 AM by Purpleduck »

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 08:18 PM »

I just went to check out the Elf Island info tonight and saw that today seems to be the last day to sign up for the special VMK sign ups.  So even if you are unsure if you will want to play when it opens, maybe you should sign up in case.

I cut and pasted this from the Elf Island page:

"You will only be able to pre-register as a regular member starting Friday, July 24. Regular members will not have access to the Mouse Hole, or receive the Gold Founder's Cap. Please check back in the coming weeks.
We humbly invite you to be among the Founders of Elf Island, the amazing
virtual world rising from the sea. It will have lots to do like VMK, but also
lots you’ve never done! And as a Founder, you’ll receive special privileges.
First rights to explore our wondrous island!
An exclusive secret hideaway for VMKers to reunite with lost friends!
A rare Founder’s Cap to forever honor you as a founding citizen of Elf Island!
Reserving your Founder’s Cap is FREE, but they are limited!
for the latest news!"

You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 11:17 AM »

They have updated the sign up.  people that now pre-register do not get the gold hat but do get a founders hat.  - the new hat is Blue

Now Boarding for bragging rights!

Here's your chance to be one of the Founders of Elf Island, the new virtual world where kids play games to make the real world a better place!

Elf Island is launching soon, and you can be one of the first to live the island life! Play amazing games that help real people, animals and the earth. Create an Elf that walks and flies. Live on your very own island. Chat, trade and meet awesome animals!

And get special Founder's privileges!

* First rights to explore our wondrous island!

*A rare Founder’s Cap to forever honor you as a founding citizen of Elf Island!

Reserving your Founder’s Cap is FREE, but they are limited!
for the latest news!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 11:28 AM »

I'm hoping more than just the "Founder's Cap" is free.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up