VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS Is Out!  (Read 31486 times)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
Re: FIREWORKS Is Out!
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 09:30 PM »

Played three games of fireworks. I like it better than VMK remixed, because I can score around 4000. On VMK remixed I could only get around 2000. I never played the original VMK fireworks, but from what I hear, I probably would have liked it better than remixed.

The music is nice. It does have bugs (as expected). Every game I got "disconnected" and would have to hit "ok" or "x" to continue the game. After the game, I was sent to my room or back to the fireworks lobby in a kind of a limbo mode. I couldn't talk or join a new game. I simply had to dc myself and log back in.

The fireworks "pointer" was a little jumpy for me. The last game I played, the fireworks were in "super-fast" mode and my pointer was twice as slow. I took the hint and stopped playing for the night.

I can make more credits this way (vs. AWA - until I learn more birds that is) but I still am longing for.....SPACE PIRATES

But overall, I say Bravo to VFK. A decent "carbon copy" of VMK Fireworks. I'm ok with that.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 10:04 PM »

I was simply amazed!  My first firework game, and I got 5,000 for a score!  I never got more than 2,000 in original vmk, and 750 in the remixed.. so I was very happy!

Real Lab, I hope you got a game in girl, I left you a message.. this isn't as bad as vmk!

Thank you Happy for your comment back!  I was able to score an additional almost 5,000 and it did hold the previous! :wavet:

(feathers crossed this wasn't beginners luck!)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09 PM »

I was simply amazed!  My first firework game, and I got 5,000 for a score!  I never got more than 2,000 in original vmk, and 750 in the remixed.. so I was very happy!

Real Lab, I hope you got a game in girl, I left you a message.. this isn't as bad as vmk!

Thank you Happy for your comment back!  I was able to score an additional almost 5,000 and it did hold the previous! :wavet:

Woot Ducky!  I'm so excited for you.  Yay! gg!  It seems to hold the score until you crash or sign out.  So, while the bug is there it is a good bonus.    :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:10 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 10:22 PM »

How awesome it would have been to be able to play VMK's fireworks after hours. Starting over with this game is not something that interests me right now, but I wanted to at least play it once all the way through. I don't know how I managed to memorize all the icons in VMK, but I guess I played it enough so it became a nonissue. I'm sure if I play this one enough I'll memorize these icons too. So here's my first score:

Is this good? I have no clue!?  :rofl3: Was it fun? Not yet!  :rofl3: But woot -- I made a few credits on my own, without a quest. Never thought it would be possible.  :hmm:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 10:24 PM »

Gives purpleduck a standing ovation! You go girl!  :clap2:  :clap1: :clapping:  :dance2:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25 PM »

How awesome it would have been to be able to play VMK's fireworks after hours. Starting over with this game is not something that interests me right now, but I wanted to at least play it once all the way through. I don't know how I managed to memorize all the icons in VMK, but I guess I played it enough so it became a nonissue. I'm sure if I play this one enough I'll memorize these icons too. So here's my first score:

Is this good? I have no clue!?  :rofl3: Was it fun? Not yet!  :rofl3: But woot -- I made a few credits on my own, without a quest. Never thought it would be possible.  :hmm:

I was waiting to see your name up on that banner!  :clap2:  :rofl3:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 10:40 PM »

So yeah, just discovered that the scores are cumulative! ROFL Here's my second game:

I technically should be playing a ton of games for credits (as the other 2 ppl have been -- see 2 ppl above me rofl), but I just don't have it in me. At least there is a game where I can make at least 600 credits (or more, depending on if they fix the bug or not lol) if I need them.

ROFL ROFL OK, I had one more game in me...looks like so far I am averaging over 6000 points a game. Can't quite sit and play anymore games than this...there's no way yet to begin memorizing the keys, because when I click all the way to the left of the icon list to quickly get to the one all the way to the right, it sometimes brings me right to the middle icon. I'm sure it's a bug but it's just making me  :crazy4: right now.

Here's my last game:

I also don't think I'm going to playing any of the games nonstop as I did in VMK...fireworks had become quite obsessive for me at some points..it wasn't only about making credits - I actually enjoyed playing and getting a high score. If VMK taught me anything, it's to not go crazy with games. So you probably won't be seeing my name up on that high score list. Gosh, why does it feel like I'm retiring from a sport... :lolg:

I'm done in VFK for the night...hugs everyone!  :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:19 PM by AmberDaze »

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01 AM »

Ah, someone remembers my Unbelievably BAD Fireworks game playing skills.... I have tried the VFK game once so far....
And sadly it was so laggy and jumpy that I couldn't click the fireworks with the correct symbol :( 
I too kept getting the 'lost connection' box, I tried to quit but it kept bouncing me back into the game  :??:
(you don't get any credits if you quit the game by the way)
... that being said at least I will make more credits on this game than in VMK!!

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30 AM »

ok so my score the first time I played was pretty bad.
Mostly because I was using the touchpad on my laptop. I must remember to hook up the mouse before playing!  :rofl1:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:27 AM »

I don't like how it looks too much like the fireworks game from VMK even if it is still cool now to be able to make fireworks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:39 AM by Hakihea »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 10:25 AM »

Aww, last night was clearly beginner's luck for me to get 5000.  But oh well, it is so much better and easier to play than VMK's was.. at least for me, so that's a nice find! 

Let my son try it, and he was actually a lot worse than normal.. says he misses the VMK "coming next icon".

Was nice to see so many friends in the game though ;)

fantasymooma

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 11:12 AM »

Aww I missed out on the Fireworks last night!   Hope you all had a great time.   One Question I have is where was this game located?

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 11:30 AM »

Aww I missed out on the Fireworks last night!   Hope you all had a great time.   One Question I have is where was this game located?
It is located in the Victorian Age - It is not on the map ATM(unclear if it ever will be),  Go to the room titled Victorian House and exit stage left by the tree to the fireworks field (lobby)

ETA - I just got my High score 8020 - so I guess i finished the green car quest finally?  :hmmm:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:59 AM by Adventuredaz »

fantasymooma

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 12:05 PM »

It is located in the Victorian Age - It is not on the map ATM(unclear if it ever will be),  Go to the room titled Victorian House and exit stage left by the tree to the fireworks field (lobby)

ETA - I just got my High score 8020 - so I guess i finished the green car quest finally?  :hmmm:

Thanks Adventure.  With the Fireworks Game now Open it looks like I'm going to be spending more time on VFK.  I wasn't so great at getting a good score with the Birds so I'm happy to hear the Fireworks game is giving good credits. :)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36 PM »

I was just in a game with Diary this player has it figured our apparently
   - at the end of the first round he was around 800
                     then second round was around 4000
                                         third was about 8000
                    forth escapes me but I believe 14000
they finished the fith and final round just over 25000

I would say this is probably close to perfect but have nothing else to base the scpres on but it give you something to shoot for.

ETA: found post elsewhere by person - scoring was a bug see bellow for more accurate idea

Quote from: VFKDiary(elsewhere)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a bug that allowed me to get a score of 25,000 something. I don't know if this has happened to you, but when I played today, the fireworks would never disappear, so I just clicked them ten times each and got a gadjillion points (of course, 25,000 is only 2,500 in credit world). Anybody else experience this?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:42 PM by Adventuredaz »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 01:58 PM »

I was just in a game with Diary this player has it figured our apparently
   - at the end of the first round he was around 800
                     then second round was around 4000
                                         third was about 8000
                    forth escapes me but I believe 14000
they finished the fith and final round just over 25000

I would say this is probably close to perfect but have nothing else to base the scpres on but it give you something to shoot for.

I've seen some high scores too (not mine) - I usually make 400+ but it's fun with lag and Disconnect Button each game  :lolg: I am having fun with fireworks, still trying birds too though, nice change of pace.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51 PM »

While it is good to start out practicing with the correct fire work after you get the hang of that it is good to switch to trying for the star - this is the key to the scoring.  The specifics on where you get what scores will take some work and either a score watching person or a video to document it and then go back and watch I did a little watching while playing and learne in level 1 stars are worth 10 credits -hits low are 2 - almost star is 8.  I think each level works like this but I am not sure if the lower levels multiply by level - Stars do.  Level 2 stars are 20, level 3 are 30, level 4 are 4o and finally level 5 is 50.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up