VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS Is Out!  (Read 31487 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: FIREWORKS Is Out!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 06:33 PM »

After playing a few more games and watching my children run to the computer to play, I have to say I am pretty happy. You are right Add, the similarity issue is theirs to deal with and I also suspect that this may have been the hold up. Zoo, you took the words right out of King's mouth. I was describing things to him over the phone and reading posts to him. (from here and other places) He simply said...Bring on the Pirates!  :pcapt2: I love the 1812 overture in the background and am happy with the game.

I sat here for a while and thought about what we were looking for in a new online community. Someplace similar to VMK, a family friendly place to play together. This game will not replace VMK to us nor will it replace our memories from there. But, we were not looking for a replacement, but something similar. That is what VFK is for us. A place to connect with friends, have some fun and play as a family. So far, so good. We have wonderful memories of our time on VMK, and take with us friendships that we cherish. But VMK is gone now and we are trying to look forward. For some of us, VFK fits the bill - for others there have been different online communities that are now our home. We are happy for everyone who has found a new virtual "home". After what King and I went through this weekend, I am so glad we have a place here to express our opinions without dividing our community. Life is just too short...  :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37 PM »

I have not forgotten our battle to save VMK. I for one did not want an exact copy. We have laid the game to rest and have moved on with our lives-which was not easy for us. I wanted to see a new fresh original game. One based on family play and spending time with friends. I was hoping for the history that was promised us not some mish mash try to make reason out of their theme. I was hoping for fun cool games not copies of the ones we had. I think they are trying to cash in on the vmk fame it i think that is truly pitiful-sorry the way i feel. I also worry that at some point they are crossing the line. Disney will only tolerate so much and when they tire of it they will do something about it. 

I have such mixed feelings toward playing this fireworks game, nevermind that I have only been playing remixed for more than the past year! I played the entire 1st level, twice. I exited after the end of the 1st level. Besides not having a clue as to which game I'm supposed to be "following," I have such memories coming back to me of VMK's fireworks, that I just don't have the desire yet to really play and figure this game out. To me, this is not, and will never be THE REAL fireworks game.

My main purpose of signing onto VFK is to visit with friends who enjoy the game. I have very mixed feelings about all that is the same -- but I basically feel that there will never be another VMK, no matter what anyone does. That's probably the reason why I've been spending time in and enjoying other games more these days.

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

NotAZoo

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41 PM »

Bug like I said I didn't mean for my little rant to be a knock on your post although I know it is probably hard to believe it since it is so in tune to what you were saying.

I guess at the end of the day everyone wanted different things from VFK, some wanted something new and fresh, some wanted a duplicate, some wanted things somewhere in between, and what stinks is when there are people who didn't get what they want.   I for now am content and am ok with how it has gone so far, and for others the fireworks game probably was peoples "last straw" and will cause them to "change the channel", which is ok, as that happens in life but know they will be missed.

Now to speak about Disney having issues with this...I am curious to see how that one plays out.   I would love to know how they can get away with such a blatent copy of the VMK product, yet have seen it done in the past in the video game industry with no repercussions.   I mean Disney chose to pull their product off the market, so in my mind if Disney cared so much about what they had they wouldn't have gotten rid of it to begin with.    Yet at the end of the day it will come down to money.   If VFK makes a motherload of cash, Disney will step in and get their free check.   If it doesn't make a lot and basically skirts along, then it just proves the Disney powers that be, just really didn't care about us and only did care about the cash.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 06:45 PM »

I to like this forum. We all have different opinions and different needs. This board seems to be well balanced we cheer each other on for high scores try to help with tips and tricks in games. I get so frustrated reading complaint after complaint. Share our concerns about copyright and where that is leading. But also hearing another view of maybe they needed to clear it first with lawyers. Never thought about that. And it being a Monday not a holiday would make sense why it took longer.  If they are smart they are checking and rechecking copy right law.

I loved your idea duck about a different fireworks game to me that is what is needed. If people do not like what they see tell them your ideas. You never know what new game could pop because of it.

What hurts is that people are split. That many are calling for its closing. But as many have said where would that leave us. Still no game to call home.

I did not want a totally different game. I am enjoying VFK flaws and all. I enjoy the quests though I know nothing matches. But I sure learned a lot about the Independence day for the States.

Each person is respected for their opinion. Each sees things differently so if we can just respect each others point of view without the sacrastic tone of many of the other boards we will all be happier for it. No matter what happens to VFK.

We have kept our friendships positive :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57 PM »

Early on VFK Staff stated they want to create a game based on what the players desire.

I suggest sending feedback in via contact us.  Tell them what you like and why. Tell them what you dislike and why. Describe how you would like to see things changed. 

If they get enough messages from people stating they want them to step a bit away from the VMK look and show some more individuality....maybe they will do it.  If they are given some ideas of a new direction, if may help them to move forward in a given direction. 

Even if you don't get a reply, at least they have the feedback. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59 PM »

Have I gone blind???  I went to check out the new game but I can't seem to find it.  Wasn't it suppose to be the Victorian section?  Perhaps VFK took it down to work out more bugs?  :??:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:04 PM »

You got to frank's house the one that owes everyone in VFK a popiscle. And got left to end of screen near the fence.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 07:09 PM »

You got to frank's house the one that owes everyone in VFK a popiscle. And got left to end of screen near the fence.

:rofl1: Oh this made me laugh so!  I still want my popsicle, it is  :heat: even now!

How you remembered that line from a quest gf.. wow!  :bow2:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 07:14 PM »

I to like this forum. We all have different opinions and different needs. This board seems to be well balanced we cheer each other on for high scores try to help with tips and tricks in games. I get so frustrated reading complaint after complaint.

Just to clarify I mean complaint after complaint on other boards.  Here we all have different views and respect each others opinions on this board which is so nice  :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 07:22 PM »

oh and also we do not have much complaining on this board. so could not be nobs board. If we do not see eye to eye it is fine on this board which I like.  I think it is very nice we can share all our opinions without the fear of being embarrassed or flame. Maybe once and a while a like spark but no flames :)

Oh and if you are reading between the lines thinking what is she really saying . Is she saying she felt a little tiny flame, when did she feel flamed? No I have never felt any off that. Just leaving it an option to others that might have. Not saying anyone has ever felt that but you never know so I am going to sit on the fence.

Now was that confusing enough for you all :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59 PM »

oh and also we do not have much complaining on this board. so could not be nobs board. If we do not see eye to eye it is fine on this board which I like.  I think it is very nice we can share all our opinions without the fear of being embarrassed or flame. Maybe once and a while a like spark but no flames :)

Oh and if you are reading between the lines thinking what is she really saying . Is she saying she felt a little tiny flame, when did she feel flamed? No I have never felt any off that. Just leaving it an option to others that might have. Not saying anyone has ever felt that but you never know so I am going to sit on the fence.

Now was that confusing enough for you all :)

:??:  is that like inferno?  :unsure: 
I get so uptight sometimes when I read elsewhere :notme:.   Sooo glad for Nobs :hug:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 08:06 PM »

Thanks belle!  After I wrote that message, I found VFK_Finley (aka Host Finny!) and she told me.  Are they sure they hid the game well enough?  ???

Anyway, during the game, I too found that the box to reconnect kept popping up.  In most cases, I was able to close the box without losing connection to the game.  The game looked different than VMK because it doesn't tell you what shells are coming up and what combinations will give you bonus points.  I anxiously await those people like GoofyGeggy who will give us the ins and outs about scoring on this game.  I can't figure it out!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 08:19 PM »

:rofl1: Oh this made me laugh so!  I still want my popsicle, it is  :heat: even now!

Popsicles for everyone -who needs ol' Frank? :wedgie2: DRINK ON A STICK, get your DRINK ON A STICK!  :clapping:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28 PM »

Popsicles for everyone -who needs ol' Frank? :wedgie2: DRINK ON A STICK, get your DRINK ON A STICK!  :clapping:

:what:  No grape?  :lolg:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30 PM »

Woot, kool aid to go!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 08:53 PM »

Purpleduck, how can I deny you a purple popsicle?   :doh:
Oh and Happy -  :rofl1: - that is all I can say!
Zoo, we may need to borrow your Kool-Aid Man Avatar to replenish our popsicle supply... He can knock down Frank's wall if he wants to.  :rofl1:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 09:02 PM »

Purpleduck, how can I deny you a purple popsicle?   :doh:
Oh and Happy -  :rofl1: - that is all I can say!
Zoo, we may need to borrow your Kool-Aid Man Avatar to replenish our popsicle supply... He can knock down Frank's wall if he wants to.  :rofl1:

Yay! Thanks Princess!  :icecream:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up